Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first flagship phones to load EMUI 12 software onboard and now installing a February 2022 security update for improved data security. Earlier, we noted this software update rollout for the consumers and now the company expanding this firmware EMUI 188.8.131.52 for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro users in the global market.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro February 2022 update is currently under procedural expansion and will reach your Huawei Mate 40 Pro global variant sooner or later. So, make sure you keep an eye on the update settings of your device. (reports Huaweiblog)
Don’t forget that Huawei Mate 40 Pro was released with EMUI 11 onboard and if you are still running this old EMUI version, then we suggest you get the latest EMUI 12 software.
Why you should upgrade your Huawei Mate 40 Pro over EMUI 12? Because you will get the latest taste of user interface derived directly from the HarmonyOS operating system. Therefore, a refreshed user experience is a guarantee and you will definitely feel the changes on your phone’s home screen.
On the flip side, the addition of the Control Panel will bring simplicity to your quick action on the taskbar. There’s also an addition of a performance boost to improve multitasking and enhanced security aspects to safe-keep your personal data.
Below you can check the update procedure and the changelog of this software update.
This update improves system security with security patches.
Integrates security patches released in February 2022 for improved system security.
To download the new Huawei Mate 40 Pro February 2022 EMUI 12 software update, you need to visit Settings, then tap on System & updates and from here you need to tap on Software updates > hereafter you lead towards onscreen options to download and install this software rollout.
Don’t forget that you will be required to take some pre-update precautions that you save such as backing up your device and waiting while the update installs, which may take some time.
(image source – huaweiblog)
Huawei P40 Pro grabs January 2023 security in Europe
Huawei has begun to rollout January 2023 security update for the Huawei P40 Pro smartphone in Europe running EMUI 12 software. Huaweiblog reports that the January 2023 software update for Huawei P40 Pro in Europe comes with an EMUI version 184.108.40.2060. This rollout was spotted last week as an initial rollout.
You should know that Huawei P40 Pro and other P40 series models are eligible to get EMUI 13 software update but there’s no confirmation made for the time being.
You can download the latest software update by visiting Settings > System & updates > tap on Software updates and click on the following screen option to download the newest firmware.
Below you can check the update changelog.
List of Changes
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates.
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- If you encounter any problems during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
Huawei EMUI January 2023 Updates List
In the first week, Huawei published EMUI 2023 security update details and fixed 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high, and 7 issues in the medium level.
In the meantime, Huawei began this month by rolling out January 2023 security update for Huawei Nova 7 smartphone in the global market. The upgrade is there with major security improvements. This firmware will seed more flaghip smartphones in the coming month.
Meanwhile, Huawei EMUI 12 is expanding for some old models but some are still far away.
This year brought in a lot of expectations for Huawei smartphone users and the EMUI 13 is one of them. The company has still not shared the EMUI 13 roadmap for the eligible devices.
Also, the EMUI 13 is not in the sight of beta activity, which, we are eagerly waiting for. Still, the January 2023 window is open for us to wait for the next part of this upgrade procedure. EMUI 13 brings a lot of new features and it would be interesting to see this release trigger this month.
Below you can check all of the software updates rolling out this month and stay up to date:
January 31, 2023:
- Huawei began to rollout January 2023 security update for a number of flagship devices including Huawei P40, P40 Pro and Mate 40 Pro in the global market that comes with EMUI security improvements.
January 28, 2023:
- We’re about to close this year, and Huawei is now rolling out a new software update with EMUI version 220.127.116.11 for 3 years old Honor Play 3e smartphone. The update installs new optimizations for WiFi and system stability. This update is also noted on old Honor and Huawei devices.
January 21, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a brand new software upgrade for the P50 Pro smartphone with EMUI 12 and build version 18.104.22.1680.
January 18, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Pro getting December 2022 security update in Europe. Read more here.
January 16, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is getting a new patch in the global market that brings it display optimizations for a better user experience.
January 14, 2023:
- In a surprising event, Huawei P30 Pro users are now gaining access to brand new software 22.214.171.124 and a package size of 228 megabytes. This update brings a security patch released in December 2022.
January 13, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Lite grabs a new firmware with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.199 and it will install the latest security patch for this smart device.
January 12, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 is getting a new software patch with display improvements and it has a small size.
January 9, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding this super large software update for the Mate 50 Pro global version with EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version. It brings new improvements for cameras, networks, apps, audio, and system along with security.
January 7, 2023:
- The first January 2023 EMUI security update began to rollout for Huawei phones and Nova 7 is the first to receive this patch in the line with EMUI 184.108.40.206.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 and Nova 10 Pro are the latest Huawei Nova series devices to get a new software update with EMUI version 220.127.116.11. However, this update doesn’t bring anything else than the patch itself.
January 2, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 smartphone is getting December 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 18.104.22.168 build. The update will improve the phone’s capability against dangerous threats.
January 2023 update out for global Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro
According to the information, the latest security patch brings improvements to the smartphone and software capability. On the other hand, the January 2023 security update with a build version of 22.214.171.1240 for the Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro.
However, there are no other major changes mentioned in the changelog. On the flip side, the January 2023 EMUI security patch fixes 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high mode, and 7 issues in the medium level. On the other hand, the security patch also includes fixes CVEs that were included in the December 2022 EMUI security updates.
Huawei has already seeded January 2023 security patch on EMUI 12 powered P50 Pro and the Nova 7 5G. Such software updates are essential to the smartphone and it’s suggested that the corresponding models download the latest available firmware.
Aside from the security patch, Huawei’s top flagship smartphones are waiting for the EMUI 13 software update, which is packed with new features. However, Huawei has not released any information on this matter.
How to update:
Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro users can download the latest software update by visiting the software update section, opening up Settings > tapping on System & update > clicking Software updates > and CHECK FOR UPDATES.
You should know that this update will not delete your personal data and we suggest that you back up all important data before updating.
If you face any issues during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center. The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro are one of the last Huawei flagships to feature 5G functionality. These Huawei phones will have to wait just a little bit longer to get the latest EMUI version.
(Via – Huaweiailesi)