Updated on January 21, 2020:
EMUI 10.0/Magic UI 3.0 is the latest software version for Huawei and Honor devices built on top of Android 10 and comes with new changes and improvements made to the user interface and enhanced user experience.
Since this is the latest upgrade, it has become usual to ask: “will I get the latest update?“. Well, we have prepared a list of compatible Huawei and Honor devices that are officially confirmed as well as devices that will not receive EMUI 10.
Here’s the list of devices that will get the EMUI 10 update based on Android 10:
- Huawei Mate 20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 X [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 X (4G) [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 Porsche RS [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate X [Officially Confrimed]
- Huawei P30 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P30 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P30 Lite/Nova 4e [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P20 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P Smart 2019 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P Smart+ 2019 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P Smart Z [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 5T [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 5 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 5Z [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 5i [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 4 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova 4e [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Nova Lite 3 [Officially Confirmed]
More Huawei devices:
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Enjoy 9S [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Enjoy 20S [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Maimang 8 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Enjoy 10S [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Maimang 7 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Enjoy 10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 [Officially Confirmed]
Honor device list:
- Honor 20 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 20 Youth Edition [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 20S [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 20i/20 Lite [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 9X [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 9X Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor View 10/Honor V10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor View 20/Honor V20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 10 Lite [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 10 Youth Edition [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 8X [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor Magic 2 [Officially Confirmed]
List of devices that will not receive (According to official replies):
- Honor Play
- Honor 9 Lite
- Honor 9
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei Y7 Pro 2019
- Huawei Y6 (2019)
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Huawei Y7 (2019)
- Huawei Y7 Prime (2019)
- Huawei Nova 3e
- Huawei P Smart 2018
- Honor 10 GT
- Honor Note 10
- Honor 8C
- Honor 8A
- Honor 9N
- Huawei Y3 (2018)
- Huawei Y5 2018 Prime
- Huawei Y5 2018 Lite
- Huawei Y6 Prime (2018)
- Huawei Y6 (2018)
- Huawei Y7 (2018)
- Huawei Y7 Prime (2018)
- Huawei Y7 Pro (2018)
- Honor 8X Max
Note: This list will be updated on new inputs.
Also, Check – EMUI 10: Latest news, release date, features, and more
Yep! Huawei Nova 5T finally gets September 2022 security update
Huawei Nova 5T is finally getting September 2022 security update in the global market. This update is already in action for devices such as Mate 40 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, and P40 series. In addition, there are a bunch of other phones that are effective with the latest security patches.
Meanwhile, we’ve entered October and Huawei is approaching the next EMUI upgrade. However, we’re still unaware of the release date. However, there’s a lot that we can expect from this new EMUI software, once it appears on the schedule.
The September 2022 update for Huawei Nova 5T comes with EMUI version 18.104.22.1688 and you may have to download an OTA package that weighs around 200Mb. To be mentioned, the changelog of this software doesn’t contain any other changes in the features.
Huawei Nova 5T shipped with EMUI 9.1, later upgraded with EMUI 10.0, 10.1, and 11 and now it runs EMUI 12. The phone continues to receive new firmware versions to improve its performance and user experience.
Huawei conducts such rollout in batches and we recommend you to wait as the firmware may take some time to reach your device. On the other hand, you have the option to grab this software via the following instructions.
Open the Settings menu, and from here tap on ‘System & updates” now tap on Software updates. Thereafter, the Nova 5T will try to get the latest software update. Furthermore, you can also seek to upgrade your phone via the My Huawei app.
You can install this software update safely by maintaining sufficient battery levels on your phone, also storage to store the update package. Once downloaded, the OTA package will be deleted automatically.
If you are unaware of security patches, these patches are distributed by Huawei and Android for EMUI devices and improve the overall ability of smartphones to fight against viruses and threats for your smartphone.
Thanks to the tipster for this amazing tip.
Huawei P50 Pro grabs September 2022 EMUI security update
Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the P50 Pro smartphone that comes with September 2022 EMUI security patch. These software updates are essential for your flagship such as P50 Pro. It’s an initial rollout phase and Huawei has already released this software to various models.
As reported by Huaweiblog, Huawei P50 Pro users can download the September 2022 EMUI security update with firmware version 22.214.171.1244. To be mentioned, this software OTA package will size at 359 megabytes but it could change in the change of regions and markets.
In case you want to update your phone, you just need to visit Settings > from here tap on System & updates > that’s how you can reach the Software update section. Once processed, your phone will connect to Huawei service and fetch the latest firmware for your device.
On the other hand, you note some precautionary measures to get the update installed as safely as possible.
Your personal data won’t be deleted while installing the software update. The downloaded update package will be deleted once the update is installed.
The Huawei P50 Pro comes with pre-installed EMUI 12 software. On the other hand, the Chinese version of the P50 Pro comes with a pre-loaded HarmonyOS 2 operating system. EMUI shares the same set of features, you won’t feel the difference between these two siblings.
Huawei P50 Pro:
Huawei P50 Pro features a 6.6-inch display with an OLED panel, up to 120Hz refresh rate, 1440 Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, 300Hz touch sampling rate, and 2700 x 1228 pixels resolution.
The phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G processor with octa core architecture – Octa-core, 1 x Cortex-X1 at 2.84 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz and Adreno 660 GPU.
This massive phone equips with a quad rear camera system including a 50 MP True-Chroma Camera (Color, f/1.8 aperture, OIS), 40 MP True-Chroma Camera (MONO, f/1.6 aperture), 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture) and 64 MP Telephoto Camera (f/3.5 aperture, OIS), support AF.
Are you excited about Huawei EMUI 13?
The Huawei EMUI 12 user interface is very similar to HarmonyOS 2. Does it mean that the upcoming EMUI 13 will be an HarmonyOS 3 copy? Yes, probably because EMUI has already carried out so many features in version 12.
After having confirmation about EMUI 13 for the global Huawei smartphone market, it now has created hassle and vessel in the consumer’s mind about what’s new Huawei serving to the users after HarmonyOS 3.
Will EMUI 13 bring similar features to the HarmonyOS 3 or it’s going to plan something more innovative for Huawei users? The users are curious and excited to know about what happened next with Huawei EMUI 13.
Are you excited about the Huawei EMUI 13 in terms of software features? The expectations are high for EMUI 13 to admit with HarmonyOS 3 similar features to some extent.
Those who are not aware of the HarmonyOS 3 feature can check below:
- Service widgets, change freely
- Smart Folders
- Home Screen space
- Celia’s suggestion, Extraordinary
Smart life in all scenarios:
- The super device, more experience
- Broadcast control center, the broadcast is more convenient
Performance power consumption
- Superframe game engine
Privacy & Security
- Privacy Center
- Security Center
- Visual aid
- Hearing Aid
let’s see over these how many features thus EMUI 13 adopts from the HarmonyOS 3. It is also true, though, that since both EMUI and HarmonyOS are under Huawei’s ownership, they are identical to one another.
Meanwhile, there are some expected features that EMUI should bring for the users, you can check them:
Dark mode scheduling feature:
A system-level theme called “dark mode” enables a dark color scheme throughout the entire user interface. By using this feature, you can operate the relevant gadget more comfortably while working in low light.
The feature has undergone numerous modifications since it was introduced in EMUI 10 and is currently much more than just a black user interface. However, scheduling for dark mode is a significant adjustment that is needed for this feature.
New large folders sizes:
Large folders in EMUI 12 currently enable a 3 x 3 (row and column) layout but Huawei included more layout choices in HarmonyOS 3.0 that we hope to see in EMUI 13. As EMUI 13 could adopt this new functionality as well.
A brand-new idea called Large Folder lets you control the home screen apps on your phone. When we already have app folders, why do we need large folders? A Large folder is not a typical folder characteristic, though.
App snippet feature:
Huawei HarmonyOS 3 app snippet feature makes it easy to navigate through an app’s key features. When using app snippets, you must swipe up on the app icon. The program will then respond with a popup window and a number of choices.
Each app will offer a variety of relevant possibilities. The camera app, for instance, will display photo, video, portrait, and selfie options.
Well, What’s your expected feature with EMUI 13 to bring, just share your thought without:
Are you excited about EMUI 13? #Huawei
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) October 3, 2022
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter