Breaking: Huawei P30 Pro gets December 2022 update
Huawei began to rollout a new software update for the global models of P30 Pro and it comes with the December 2022 EMUI patch, improving the phone’s security aspect.
Huawei P30 Pro December 2022 EMUI software update comes with firmware version 220.127.116.11 and a package size of 228 megabytes. According to the changelog, the update doesn’t bring anything else than the security patch. At least, we’ve been expecting to address the camera bug.
Similar to other rollouts, this latest patch is releasing in batches. It will take some time to reach the users.
A few months ago, Huawei users reported a camera bug, which is quite annoying and disrupts the photography experience. The past report reveals that the Huawei P30 Pro owners are not able to main camera after upgrading to EMUI 12 software. The viewport mainly appears blurred, while other modes work perfectly such as ultra-wide angle and macro mode.
However, users had huge expectations from November 2022 software update but users kept saying that it has not been resolved. Meanwhile, December 2022 security update could raise some hopes for consumers but we still have to wait until the user reviews come out.
Huawei P30 Pro phones are eligible to download EMUI 12 upgrade. However, phone users are also eligible to get the EMUI 13 software update but there are no announcements made on this matter at the moment.
How to update:
Users of this phone can download the latest software update via Settings:
- System & updates
- Software updates
- CHECK FOR UPDATES
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
Other than the instructions, Huawei P30 Pro users need to know that this update won’t erase their personal data but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating. This update package will delete automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipsters Bonta Bela and Sergent for this amazing input.
Huawei P40 lite gets March 2023 update with new Device+ addition
Huawei P40 lite is one of the most amazing smartphones to buy and the company is now sending a new software update for this device that brings March 2023 security patches.
You should know that such updates roll out in batches and may take some time to reach the smartphone. However, you are free to check this release manually via Settings. If you have more doubts on this matter, please check the instructions mentioned below.
Huawei P40 Lite comes with a 6.4-inch display and it’s powered by Kirin 810 (7 nm) chipset with Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55) and Mali-G52 MP6 GPU.
The phone equips a quad camera system including a 48 MP main camera with f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + an 8 MP (ultrawide) with f/2.4 + a 2 MP macro camera with f/2.4 and a 2 MP f/2.4 aperture depth camera. The phone has a 16 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.06″.
Looking at the firmware, the March 2023 update for Huawei P40 Lite comes with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.1681. You will have to download an update package size of 424 MB. The changelog only says about the security patches but there’s more on this matter that you should know.
Huawei has also installed a new widget to the Device+ feature, which allows you to manage watch and band devices directly from the control panel.
How to update:
To install the latest software update, head towards Settings > from here and tap on System & updates. Now you need to open the Software updates menu and not tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES at the bottom of the screen.
Long Enough: A Huawei Mate 8 finally fetches EMUI 8 (Android 8)
EMUI 8 (Android 8) is released a long ago and Huawei published this roadmap to the Mate 8 in 2018. However, there is one Huawei Mate 8 user that now received EMUI 8, which took too long to come.
According to the information, Huawei released the EMUI 8 schedule for all of its devices in 2017. Huawei Mate 8 was also a part of the upgrade process along with other smartphones.
Phone users in the global market already installed this major OTA update. However, there may be a few users that were stuck on the old firmware EMUI 5.0 (based on Android 7).
You should know that Huawei Mate 8 was launched with EMUI 4 version and has better camera features. However, it later received version 5.0, followed by EMUI 8. Now, there’s no major software update available for this device.
The Huawei Mate 8 user who sent us this information is surprised by the fact that the phone wasn’t able to fetch the firmware for this long. As the other users had it 4 years ago.
A similar issue has been caught in other Huawei devices and stop receiving new software updates without any reason. There are also some external factors including the use case in another country. This could also delay OTA delivery.
As for the firmware, it comes with version 22.214.171.1249 and has a package size of 2.29GB. The changelog reveals that the update packs Android 8 and also boosts performance. To be mentioned, Huawei has added new features and improvements to make this smartphone more useful and intuitive, faster and safer.
Huawei Mate 8 comes with Kirin 950 chipset and 6 inches full HD resolution display. The phone has a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera. Looking at the design, the phone has a wide display with top and bottom bezels and there’s a physical fingerprint reader below the rear camera module.
Thanks, Zhao for the amazing tip.
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
March 25, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y70 receives 126.96.36.199 software with March 2023 security patch for better system security.
- Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 188.8.131.526 with a number of new optimizations including display, apps, system, and stability.
March 21, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite users in Europe are getting firmware version 184.108.40.2068 with the latest security patch solutions.
- The latest feature-packed Huawei Mate 50 Pro software update for global users is reaching more places, allowing them to experience the latest additions on the go.
March 20, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in the global market that comes with March 2023 security update and firmware version 220.127.116.112.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 18.104.22.168 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 22.214.171.1247.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 220.127.116.11, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 18.104.22.1682.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 22.214.171.1248.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 126.96.36.199 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.