The lawmaker in the UK has been debating over restrictions on Huawei and a similar tone has been heard from the frontrunner for PM but Vodafone has launched a warning to these peoples and the consequence of putting a ban on Huawei.
Nick Jeffery, Vodafone UK chief executive officer, said an outright ban on Huawei’s telecoms equipment will hinder the UK’s economic development by slowing down the rollout of the 5G network technology, reported NSTech.
“5G is one of the very few opportunities in a time when the UK has the opportunity to be a technology and digital infrastructure leader,” he told NS Tech when asked about Johnson’s remarks. “This has to be something we grasp and make the most of for the prosperity of the country; anything that slows that down would be bad news for all of us.”
Jeffery’s remarks on this matter came as the front runner to be Britain’s next prime minister, Boris Johnson, said to ban Huawei in order to not abandon their intelligence relationship with its allies including the U.S.
Scott Petty, Vodafone’s chief technology officer, said “all of the operators use Huawei and therefore instead of being ahead of the rest of Europe on 5G, we’re all going to slow down” if a total ban is implemented.
on July 3, Vodafone launched its 5G network services in seven cities including London, Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, Cardiff, Bristol, and Birmingham. The operator also revealed a series of unlimited data plans, that consumers can use as much as they like on its 5G network.
After the launch of Vodafone’s 5G network, making it the second UK operator to launch 5G as well as in partnership with Huawei.
“We are always going to comply with government guidance and advice and relevant laws,” Jeffery said, “but if it is possible for us to sell a wider range of 5G devices, and in particular Huawei ones, then we will.”
Huawei HarmonyOS and OpenEuler will support cross connection in future
Huawei launched its brand new operating system OpenEuler, which is specially designed for digital infrastructure on 25th September. It’s an open-source OS that’ll further strengthen core areas including security alongside various frameworks.
At the event, the Vice President and President of Huawei Computing Product Line informed that the company will soon launch a new research programming language CJ for HarmonyOS and EulerOS application development.
Furthermore, the vice-president also informed that HarmonyOS and OpenEuler will share their core technologies. It’ll enable the OpenEuler devices in establishing a cross-platform connection with the HarmonyOS devices.
The company is making a unified OS construction that can cover all scenarios of digital infrastructure from IT, CT to OT. Accordingly, it plans to combine the inclinations and the realization of ecological interoperability for a better digital service.
Need of Unified OS Architecture:
Huawei offers products and solutions including servers, storage, cloud services, edge computing, base stations, routers, industrial control, and so on. All these require an OS platform to work on. Hence, the company is developing a unified OS architecture to satisfy the different requirements of different products.
What Capability Brings the Euler:
The Euler has the capability to support different platforms such as servers, cloud computing, edge computing, and embedded devices. In addition, it provides a safe, stable, and easy-to-use operating system through diverse computing and deterministic assurance capacities. Let’s check below-
Unified operating system: Multi-device Support
- Atomic Architecture: It supports a flexible full-stack service-based on-demand construction. With the capability, it provides an on-demand resource capability that varies corresponding to different operating systems devices.
- Self-Service Construction: It offers a menu-style configuration of the kernel and system services. Additionally, it provides a combination of different levels of software packages, files, functions, etc.
- Multi-Device Collaboration kit: The multi-device kit supports the collaboration of unified data, network, and management; cluster multi-node collaboration.
One Time Development:
- Standard API to realize the unification of operating system and application interaction language
- Euler SDK uniformly incorporates data, audio, video, and security capabilities for various applications. It provides minimal development with enhanced application performance.
- Euler Devkit provides plug-ins such as cross-device development wizards and automatic test platforms. Besides, it can easily be integrated into mainstream application development platforms.
At present, over 6,000 developers and 100 plus corporations, academies, associations, and institutions have approached the Euler community. According to the report, on 30th September, it’ll launch the openEuler 21.09 version with enhanced capabilities of servers, cloud computing scenarios, edge computing, and embedded scenarios.
(via – ithome)
Huawei P50 Pro 256GB version goes on sale
Huawei has started to sell the 256GB version of the Huawei P50 Pro flagship on the official store on JD.com. The listed model of Huawei P50 Pro has 8GB of RAM +256GB of Storage priced at 6488 yuan (1003).
On August 12, Huawei opened the first sale of P50 Pro in China that started with 128GB of storage. However, the model is currently unavailable on Huawei’s official shopping website and now the 256GB version is on the shelf.
Related to this, the standard version of the Huawei P50 series also preparing to go on sale in a few days on September 29. This will be the first sale of this device, since its announcement on July 29, 2021.
Huawei P50 Pro:
Huawei P50 Pro comes with a premium range of specs including a 6.6-inch OLED display with 2700 x 1228 resolutions and a 120Hz refresh rate. It is equipped a 5nm Kirin 9000 processor and it’ll also be available with Snapdragon 888 chip later on.
The smartphone is paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. In terms of camera, it has a 50MP quad-camera setup with a 40MP MONO lens, a 13MP ultra wide-angle camera, and a 64MP telephoto lens. In the front, it has a 13MP selfie camera.
Furthermore, the P50 Pro is packed with a 4360mAh battery with 66W fast charging support. It is IP68 rated water and dust resistant. The device comes pre-packed with the new HarmonyOS 2.0 software.
Huawei has recently rolled out a new software update for the phone including the cross-device Task Center feature. According to the changelog, the update comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168 and a downloadable OTA update package size of 609MB.
this feature is powered by the distributed HarmonyOS capabilities. Therefore, it provides you more than expected and helps you to share the current app between two different devices without even installing the app on the second device. More interestingly, you will be able to control the app from the second device, which is absolutely awesome.
For instance, if you are running a game on your smartphone, you just need to go to the task manager of the phone and task manager view. Now, tap on the device (such as a tablet) to run the corresponding app. However, the user must first need to connect the tablet and the phone via the same WiFi network and Huawei ID.
A bunch of new features under testing for Petal Search app
Petal Search is a Huawei Search Engine and an important app that doesn’t only come with a powerful combination of services but also a whole new range of features directly on your device. Search and download, simple as that. However, Huawei continues to improve this app and planning to bring more features to make it more competitive.
According to our information, Huawei has begun testing a bunch of new features for the Petal Search app and it’s associated with version number 22.214.171.1240. This version brings improvements for Petal Go, Newsfeed, travel optimizations, nearby search, and add other options.
Here are the latest features that come with Petal Search 126.96.36.1990
- Petal Go-Follow your favorite teams and leagues straight from Petal Go.
- Petal Go-Tell us how we’re doing-you can now rate the responses you receive from your smart assistant.
- Petal Go-New fun and games-just think of a celebrity or character, and Petal Go will guess who it is.
- News Feed-Find coverage of more events in the Sports section, and check lottery results in the Finance section.
- News-Further customize your app by adding, removing, and rearranging news categories.
- News Feed-An improved Ul design makes cards appear neat er and more consistent.
- Travel-An improved home screen makes it easier to find hotels and flights. You’ll also find new images of popular cities, sights, and destinations.
- Follow EXPO 2020 and find out everything you need to know about tickets, pavilions, souvenirs, and more.
- Nearby-Find out what’s happening in your area with updates on local events, festivals, and more.
- Image searches have been improved with a new launch screen featuring trending content and recommendations.
- You can now remove icons from the app’s home screen by touching and holding them. 12. A new sharing option allows you to quickly share files with nearby devices.
These features are currently under testing and may take some time to complete the testing schedule followed by the stable rollout.