Latest WhatsApp beta restores the green notifications color after invisibility issues on blue UI texts
WhatsApp developers always work in favor of users. They continuously develop and roll out new features and graphic changes to enhance the user’s experience. Sometimes, the innovations may not completely able to convince the user.
Then, the company decided to remove them and return to the previous version. As per the information, this same case seems to be with the new WhatsApp Beta version 184.108.40.206.
With the WhatsApp beta app, the messenger brought small changes to UI and color system. When the dark theme is enabled, its colors in push notifications shifts blue.
According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp has canceled these UI and color changes and restoring the old green color in notifications. The reason behind rollback mainly brought light on some complaints, regarding the invisibility of the new color scheme.
Hello, WhatsApp users, if you want to experience the new WhatsApp features in advance. You can do so by subscribing to the beta testing channel and stay tuned to know more about the changes and features of WhatsApp beta.
WhatsApp January 2023 Android updates [List]
January 2023 brought in new opportunities for WhatsApp to expand further among Android users and the Meta-owned chat platform is releasing new beta builds to users interestest in new features.
It’s widely used on Android and iOS platforms, but for the time being, we’ll only focus on Android and keep you posted with the latest functionality being tested for WhatsApp users.
Note that the mentioned features may change or delay production and the only purpose is to anticipate the upcoming ones. Also, you can access them early by signing up for the WhatsApp beta build.
Below you can check the January 2023 WhatsApp beta rollout list. To be mentioned inputs are taken from Wabetainfo.
January 26, 2023:
- WhatsApp beta version 220.127.116.11 for Android showcase upcoming text editor for drawing tool improvements (read more).
January 25, 2023:
- WhatsApp 18.104.22.168 brings support for haptic feedback whever you react to a message on mobile device.
January 20, 2023:
- WhatsApp 22.214.171.124 beta for Android users brings will let them change the photo quality between, automatic, best quality and data saver. There cold be more option added or removed from this later on.
January 19, 2023:
- WhatsApp 126.96.36.199 for Andriod rolling out for public users with block shortcut feature.
January 18, 2023:
- WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 beta for Android allows you to share a voice note as a status update with a certain users that are allowed to see your status.
January 14, 2023:
- WhatsApp 184.108.40.206/7 would let you transfer chat history to a new phone without using the cloud storage.
January 12, 2023:
- WhatsApp version 220.127.116.11 is in work with a feature to Block to quickly block contacts. In addition, there’s 18.104.22.168 version that shown block feature directly into the notifications.
January 11, 2023:
- WhatsApp 22.214.171.124 noted with a new user interface for loading your chat.
January 10, 2023:
- WhatsApp 126.96.36.199 testing a an alert to inform you about the feature to share caption along with the media.
January 6, 2023:
- WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 beta test reveals a feature called Report, which would allow you to report any WhatsApp status, as it violates or offends you.
January 5, 2023:
- WhatsApp 184.108.40.206/26 version revealed that the company is working on a chat transfer feature called move chats to Android or iOS. This feature will allow users to transfer their chat to each platform.
January 4, 2023:
- WhatsApp 220.127.116.11 beta version shows that the chat app will bring the bookmark icon to the disappearing message that has temporarily been saved, meaning they will not be automatically deleted from the chat and everyone in the conversation.
WhatsApp Android to add disappearing messages shortcut
WhatsApp is releasing a new beta version for Android users that brings a shortcut feature to disappearing messages. As the term suggests, it will let users prioritize their chats and messages in the application.
According to the latest info, the unique shortcut feature for disappearing messages is rolling out with the 18.104.22.168 build version. Being a beta iteration, it is only available to a handful of consumers at the moment.
Earlier this month, the company created a separate section for disappearing messages. Eventually, this addition helped the users to operate the corresponding messages and chats effectively in the app.
Besides, it enabled the users to pin up the old and new chats in the disappearing section. As a result, it becomes easy to sort and organize the main chats and phone numbers as per convenience.
Now to make the feature more accessible, WhatsApp is adding a new disappearing messages shortcut for Android users. This feature will reside in the Manage Storage section with the “tools to save space” label. Further, it is capable to control storage as well as maintain privacy in the chats.
How the shortcut feature is useful?
In case you are thinking about how the feature will help with storage management – the shortcut tool can delete the media content automatically after reaching a specific time limit.
You can set the time limit accordingly under the privacy section or in the chat info. In terms of disappearing texts, the feature will inspect your priority and will shift the “more important chats” over to other numbers. Thus, the respective feature is quite interesting to use.
Availability of the Shortcut feature
As of now, the feature is only available to a limited amount of Android users. However, the company will push off the shortcut element to more consumers with the upcoming updates.
Meanwhile, users can also get this beta feature along with the following build versions:
- WhatsApp 22.214.171.124
- WhatsApp 126.96.36.199
- WhatsApp 188.8.131.52
So WhatsApp Android users, keep installing the latest builds to experience new and amazing pinches of the app.
WhatsApp remained down for hours before it was fixed
Today, WhatsApp went down and remained inaccessible for over 2 hours before it was fixed. App users around the world reported an outage of services that blocked the user interface of the Meta on the chatting application.
According to the users, the app was showing issues in accessing the app randomly, under which, they cannot read or send new messages. Furthermore, there’s no error screen that remained persistent on the app with the label ‘connecting’ to the server.
Also, check – WhatsApp brings 9 new features for better chat experience
A spokesperson said: “We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble sending messages and we’re working to restore WhatsApp for everyone as quickly as possible.”
According to Downdetector, users began reporting this issue before 8 am on Tuesday, while over 12,000 reports appeared on the website by 8.30 am. That’s a massive number and it’s quite disturbing for the users.
However, Meta finally resolved this issue and resumed services after over 2 hours of blackout on WhatsApp.
On the other hand, Meta nor WhatsApp has announced the reason behind this massive outage in services or given any official statement.
WhatsApp is one of the largest chat messaging apps with over a billion users globally. However, such a shortage could be a reason for server failure, which could happen occasionally.