HarmonyOS 4.0 closed beta update has started rolling out for the Huawei Watch GT 3 series. The company has recently opened the beta recruitment program for the respective wearables and now pushed off the first closed beta with a handful of new features and useful optimizations.
It is worth mentioning that the upgrade is mainly available to the first batch of nolog smartwatch owners who enrolled in the beta activity. In case you didn’t receive the new version then don’t panic. The company will roll it out gradually.
By that time, let’s explore the HarmonyOS 4.0 closed beta changelog!
Starting with the software version, the Huawei Watch GT 3 series is getting the HarmonyOS 4.0 closed beta update with the 126.96.36.199 version. Ensure that your smartwatch is already running on the 188.8.131.52 build for a secure installation.
Compatible models for this upgrade are the standard Huawei Watch GT 3, Watch GT 3 Porsche Design, Watch GT 3 Pro, and Watch GT 3 Pro Collector’s Edition. Moving further, you can check the changelog below.
Changelog – New Features
- Supports chessboard home screen application. You can simply rotate the crown to expand the display and find apps easily.
- Added new sports accidental touch prevention feature
- Turning off the screen during workouts will auto-lock the crown and rotational functions to prevent accidental touch
- Support for customizing health data, card style, and interface to display enriched visuals.
- Added a ‘turn on the screen for notifications’ feature which instantly reminds you as a new message appears.
- Improves the overall user interface with clearer fonts, colors, and precise details
- The ‘display notification only when wearing’ option is now available in Settings > Notifications for improved user experience
- Optimizes screen-off dials and supports displaying more data
- Improves the alarm clock feature to sort out the alarm time
- Optimizes exercise experience by making it more accurate
- Enhances sliding animation of the application icon
How to download the update?
If you have received the ‘Application Passed’ message, then you can install the latest update using the Huawei Health app. Make sure to have adequate storage space and battery level to proceed with the installation. Besides, the process could take some time to upgrade. Hence, wait patiently.