Last December, Huawei started to rollout a major software update for the Watch GT 2 smartwatch in the global market. Now, Huawei Watch GT 2 users in the UK are receiving this major feature update that will enhance the user experience.
According to the changelog, the Huawei Watch GT 2 major update in the UK is released with firmware version 184.108.40.206. Users must have to download a firmware update package size of 227 megabytes. The software update is expanding in batches and may take some time to reach your Huawei Watch GT 2 device.
What’s new in this software update:
This major software update for Huawei Watch GT 2 smartwatch adds a new lock screen password feature, adds a sunrise and sunset display for an outdoor workout. The update also supports running pace zones and helps you find your workout data in real-time.
In terms of health management, the update optimizes the cycle calendar feature and supports manually adding periods on your smartwatch for female users. Furthermore, there’s an addition of important application – Petal maps.
Thanks to the tipster – Stuart for this wonderful tip
- Adds the unlock password function to improve device security.
- Adds the sunrise and sunset display for outdoor training.
- Supports the display of pace ranges for running so that you can exercise on a scientific basis.
- Supports the Always On Display function while exercising so that you can view your training data in real-time.
- Optimizes the cycle calendar function
- Supports the manual addition of periods on the watch
- Adds Petal Maps as a preinstalled map app.
- Petal Maps is not supported with iOS phones.
- for a better user experience, it’s recommended for you to update the Huawei Health app to the latest version.
- Keep your watch connected to your smartphone during the update procedure. It’s suggested to retry if the update fails due to some unknown reason.
- The entire update procedure may take some time, so please wait while the update package transfers and installs successfully
How to update:
You can download this software update by opening the Huawei Health app. Tap on the “devices” and select your smartwatch (name). Afterward, select update and follow the on screen instructions to check for this firmware rollout.