Huawei is sending a March 2022 firmware update for Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm that comes with the latest build version 184.108.40.206. Currently, this update is available in the Chinese market and will soon expand for global users.
According to the information, Huawei Watch GT 2 (42mm) 220.127.116.11 version update carries various new features and improvements to deliver a better user experience. Therefore, the corresponding smartwatch owners required the base version – 18.104.22.168 to upgrade over the latest version.
Especially talking about the changes, this update brings support for the unlimited third-party applications from AppGallery, adds lock screen passwords, links with sports equipment to help in exercise, sunset display, heart health monitoring application, and more.
This firmware update holds a large update package size. At the moment, we don’t the exact update weight but it will be massive. Further, the process may also take a bit longer time as compared to regular updates.
So, we suggest to you keep sufficient storage and battery on the device. Use stable Bluetooth connection and data connection for the smooth competition of update. Further, this update is rolling out in batches and may take 3 to 14 days to reach you. Keep patience and have a nice day!
New Firmware update:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 (42mm) getting 22.214.171.124 version updated from 126.96.36.199
- Application: Supports the installation of unlimited third-party applications from AppGallery.
- System: Added screen lock password function to enhance device security.
- Sports: New day for outdoor sport sunset display and linked with Huawei smartphone and sports equipment tripartite data sharing. During exercise, the screen can be kept on, which is convenient for viewing real-time exercise data.
- Health: The heart health research application can be installed and the data related to heart health can be measured directly on the watch.
How to update:
To update your Huawei Watch GT 2, please head towards your smartphone and open the Huawei Health app. Make sure that the app is running on the latest version. Afterward, click on the connected device and select your smartwatch.
Then, proceed towards the update section and tap on the latest update to download and install it. Follow-on screen instructions and wait until the process completes automatically.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below: