Huawei has kicked off the HarmonyOS 4.0 closed beta firmware for the Watch Buds, Watch GT Cyber, and Watch GT Runner users. The update is arriving with a handful of new additions and improvements to enrich the overall user experience.
The Chinese tech giant has already served the HarmonyOS 4.0 closed beta to the Watch GT 3 series in the home ground. As of now, the rollout is making its way to more wearables. Note that the version is only available to the first batch of beta recruitment.
According to the inputs, Huawei Watch Buds, and Watch GT Cyber/Runner are getting the HarmonyOS 4.0 closed beta with the 220.127.116.11 version. You can further check the adaptable models and baseline builds below.
- Huawei Watch Buds – Baseline version 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Watch GT Cyber – Baseline version 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Watch GT Runner – Baseline version 126.96.36.199
How to download?
The corresponding smartwatch owners will soon receive the update alert on their handsets. However, you can try the manual installation by going to the Huawei Health app. Tap on the Devices section and select your connected watch. Finally, click on the Firmware Update option.
Now let’s take a look at the changelog!
HarmonyOS 4.0 update brings several goodies-like features on board. The list counts new themes for the home screen, accidental touch prevention tools, improved UI, smoother animations, and more. Note that some of these features could be missing, depending on the model. Take a complete look at new features below.
- Supports chessboard home screen application. You can simply rotate the crown to expand the display and find apps easily.
- Added new sports accidental touch prevention feature
- Turning off the screen during workouts will auto-lock the crown and rotational functions to prevent accidental touch
- Support for customizing health data, card style, and interface to display enriched visuals.
- Added a ‘turn on the screen for notifications’ feature which instantly reminds you as a new message appears.
- New Sleep Mode that won’t turn on the screen when users raise their wrists.
- Long-press app icon in the shortcut menu to launch the application.
- Improves the overall user interface with clearer fonts, colors, and precise details
- The ‘display notification only when wearing’ option is now available in Settings > Notifications for improved user experience
- Optimizes screen-off dials and supports displaying more data
- Improves the alarm clock feature to sort out the alarm time
- Optimizes exercise experience by making it more accurate
- Enhances sliding animation of the application icon