Yes! Once again Huawei has pushed the HarmonyOS 3 beta package for the P50 series, but this time, the new addition is the September 2022 security patch. Alongside this, the company has done some more work with the display functions of the device.
Let me make this clear! Here, the P50 series includes the standard P50 smartphone, the P50 Pro model, and the cost-effective P50E. These devices are attaining the latest beta rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 with software number 188.8.131.52.
Hence, if you carry any of the above models then get ready to test some new optimizations. However, make sure that your device is already walking on the 184.108.40.206 build. Or else, you might face problems while upgrading to the latest firmware.
Also, you must have any of the below-given adaptive models for this update:
- Huawei P50 (ABR-AL00)
- Huawei P50 (ABR-AL80)
- Huawei P50 Pro (JAD-AL00)
- Huawei P50 Pro (JAD-AL80)
- Huawei P50 Pro Collector’s Edition (JAD-AL50)
- Huawei P50 Pro (JAD-AL60)
- Huawei P50E (ABR-AL60)
- Huawei P50E (ABR-AL90)
What’s new with HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 beta?
The newly-released Huawei P50 September 2022 HarmonyOS 3 beta adds display optimizations to the surface. It enhances the display effect of the screen wallpaper. As a result, users will gain an immersive visual experience.
Further, there are amendments in the functioning of the internal system as well as the task card functions. Eventually, users will find responsive and more stable mechanisms while performing several tasks at the same time. In addition, do not forget that the latest security patch with various fixes is also making its way to your device through this update.
However, if we talk about the changelog, there is a slight difference, based on the model. In comparison to P50E, and the standard versions, the P50 Pro models will experience one or two extra optimizations.
To get a clear view, you can check the changelog given below.
Huawei P50/ P50E / P50 Pro (JAD-AL00 and JAD-AL80) models
- Optimizes the application task card cleaning function
- Integrates the September 2022 security patch
- Enhances the system security of the device
Huawei P50 Pro (JAD-AL50 and JAD-AL60) models
- Optimizes the display effect of the home screen and wallpapers
- Optimizes mobile phone navigation and improves the positioning stability
- Enhances the application task card cleaning function
- Updated the security patch to September 2022. Increases the system security and stability
These are some basic changes in the update log of the devices. Consequently, this is the third and fourth beta for the P50E and the P50 series respectively. How many more beta updates will Huawei roll out? We will keep informing you with every little plan of the company. Till then, you enjoy the new beta package and its optimizations.
Huawei Mate 50 series gets December 2022 patch
According to the changelog, the December 2022 patch for the Huawei Mate 50 series brings system stability optimizations with new improvements to bring better performance.
It’s further revealed that the patch is distributed with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168patch02 for – Mate 50, Mate 50 Pro, and Mate 50 RS Porsche Design. Since it’s a patch, the OTA will size only 16.26MB. On the other hand, it’s available only for the HarmonyOS 3 version of the Mate 50 lineup.
After upgrading to the latest software patch, a Huawei Mate 50 standard user reported a camera telephoto bug. The user reports that the 10X telephoto zoom lost clarity over the past version.
The user also posted a video describing this issue. It felt like the camera failed to focus on the subject, similar to Huawei P30 Pro.
A number of users replied this to bug. Saying that it could be an issue with the day and nighttime light arrangements. While some suggest that this could be fixed with the next upgrade.
Last month, Huawei sent a performance improvement update for Mate 50 series devices. According to our report, the phone received a substantial boost in GPU performance with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124.
A test on the Genshin Impact game revealed that the Huawei Mate 50 Pro delivers frame rate improvements along with the stability of the smartphone.
To download this software update, Huawei Mate 50 owners can look into the My Huawei app and then tap on the updates section to get the latest firmware version. However, users are recommended to make a backup of important files as a safety precaution.
Huawei rolling out a SuperHub feature patch
According to the information, Huawei has not tagged any specific version number with this release. It’s because of its package size, which is 60 MB.
The changelog of the patch brings improvements to the user experience with SuperHub feature for Huawei smartphones. The patch also optimizes pop-up messages in certain scenarios.
The latest software patch for Huawei smartphones will not erase your personal data but we suggest you back up any important data before you proceed to upgrade.
Post-installation your smartphone will automatically delete the software package. Also, we suggest you charge up your smartphone to support a speedy installation.
SuperHub feature allows you to drag text and images from different apps to SuperHub, where they are temporarily stored, and then drag items to an editing screen with just a tap.
To use SuperHub:
With SuperHub you can select text, images, or files within an app, touch and hold down on the content until it starts floating, and drag the content to the SuperHub floating window displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Open an editing screen (for example, a note in Notepad ), touch and hold the SuperHub floating window, and drag all content out. (If the floating window is hidden at the edge of the screen, swipe inward on the screen to bring up the floating window.)
- Touch the SuperHub floating window to expand it. You can also touch and hold a single item and drag it out.
Past information reveals that this software feature is rolling out in batches and will cover all Huawei smartphones gradually.
How to check for updates:
You can check for the latest software update via Settings > Software & updates and then tap on Software updates followed by CHECK FOR UPDATES. Once fetched, you need to Download and install the new firmware.
Youbo launches new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor
Youbo Technology cooperation has launched a new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor. The chipset is mainly developed for IoT (Internet of Things) applications and smart devices.
According to the latest information, the OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor supports powerful functioning and brilliant performance on the surface. Besides, it is also eligible for high-end display engines and other technologies.
Further, the latest Youbo chipset is uprooted on an A55 process structure. It holds an ARM G52 2EE GPU and also supports a dual-screen display. Alongside tech-pack elements, the chip also uses a self-developed JPEG decoding microprocessor.
In terms of functions, the UB-RK3566 processor is capable of showcasing 1080 at 60 fps resolution, H0264, and H.265 format encoding, supports dynamic rate, frame rate, resolution adjustment, and many other display-related features.
On the other hand, the processor can efficiently work in dual-camera scenarios. Ultimately, operators can have a crystal clear image with effective lighting due to the UB-RK3566 chipset.
You can check the major functions, below:
- High computing power with less consumption: The processor installs a Rockchip RK3566 quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 unit and can easily support up to 0.8T computing power. Besides, it improves the battery life of devices
- Seld-developed display chips: The processor already holds finer display chips to reduce the excessive cost of display components. These chips can bear 2200 x 1650 resolution
- High-definition display: Since the processor has high-quality display chips, it offers an immersive virtual experience. It also supports HDMI 4K resolution at 60Hz, 1080P resolution at 60Hz, and more
- Complete display interface: the latest processor supports HDMI2.0 interface, supports dual-channel MIPI DSI, and can drive a 2.5K LCD screen. It also holds Eink, and can directly drive the ink screen.
- Rick Interface expansion facilities and Strong network wireless connection.
These functions make the processor compatible with high-end IoT applications and work conveniently without creating any hindrances in performance or functioning.