Huawei has put its latest MateBook 14s and 13s on China’s biggest annual online shopping festival Double Eleven. Both laptops ushered in a good start at this shopping carnival. It suggests the growing popularity of these Huawei laptops that offers the first mobile engine support to let a user experience mobile applications on a big screen.
Although the company has a wide range of laptops in its MateBook collection, the MateBook 14s and 13s are the first of their kind.
The models were launched at the smart official product launch conference. It comes with Huawei exclusive applications such as computer managers, display management, and Huawei restore factory settings for convenient operation.
In addition, users will also find AI subtitles to help with the international online conferences. At present, it supports Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean and other languages with a voice pick-up range of 5 meters. Additionally, its audio modules come with AI noise reduction technology to deliver clear sound.
It’s no surprise if the laptops are getting popular among the Chinese users for their flagship hardware and software offers that include 60W battery capacity with 90W charging support, eye care protection, a wide range of software, and more.
Below you can check the basic system configuration of both products-
- Screen Size: 14.2 inches (14s), 13.4 inches (13s) LTPS,
- Dimensions: 313.82 x 229.76 x 16.7 mm (14s), 297.2 X 218.4 X 16.5mm (13s)
- Screen-to-body ratio: 90%
- Resolution: 2520 x 1680,
- Color Accuracy: 231PPI (14s), 226 PPI (13s)
- Weight: 1.43 kg (14s), 1.32 kg (13s)
- Refresh rate: 90 Hz / 60 Hz
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Color gamut: 100% sRGB
- Color depth: 1.07 billion colors
- Contrast: 1500: 1
- Viewing angle: 178 degrees
- OS: Window 10 Operating System
- Processor: 11th Generation Intel i7, i5
- Graphics Card: Intel Iris X Graphics
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR4
- Wireless connections: Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi
- Battery: 60 Wh Lithium polymer
Besides the MateBook 13s and 14s laptops, other MateBooks are also available at the Double Eleven shopping carnival. You can check the pricing below.
Huawei MateBook Series Pricing List:
- Huawei MateBook 13s is starting at 6,499Yuan with the first discount of 500 Yuan
- Huawei MateBook X Pro 2021 is starting at 6,999 Yuan with the first discount of 1,000 Yuan
- Huawei MateBook D14 2021 is starting at 5,999 Yuan
- Huawei MateBook D14 2021 is starting at 4,999 Yuan
Huawei MatePad 11 and 10.8 gets HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
Huawei is rolling out HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 for MatePad 11, upgrading from HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206/163. While on the other hand, Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 is getting HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 upgrading from HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168. Below you can check the eligible tablet models to get a new software update.
- Huawei MatePad 11 WiFi DBY-W09
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 2021 WiFi MRR-W29
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 2021 WiFi MRR-W39
To be mentioned, this firmware is only available for the Chinese models.
According to the changelog, Huawei is adding a feature that supports two pairs of Bluetooth earphones simultaneously to allow people to listen to songs together.
This new firmware adds support for the PC mobile engine, which would enable to use of the PC version of the WPS office on a tablet. Furthermore, Huawei is installing the latest security patch for these two tablets with January 2023 HarmonyOS security update.
The latest software update for Huawei MatePad 11 and MatePad 10.4 comes is rolling out in batches and it’ll soon cover all of the devices. Below you can check the complete changelog for more information.
- Added the function of supporting two pairs of Bluetooth headsets at the same time, one song, two people, listening to the beauty together add Good (only supported by some Huawei headsets).
- Added support for PC application engine, you can use the desktop version of the office software WPS on the tablet, to get a more comprehensive and efficient office experience.
- Incorporate the January 2023 security patch to enhance system security.
Huawei PC market growth is against the trends: CEO
Over the past two years, Huawei has improved its Consumer Business portfolio in all products including PCs, and Huawei Consumers Business Group CEO, Yu Chengdong said that the company is moving towards growth in the PC market amid an industry-wide slowdown.
According to Gartner, worldwide PC shipments accounted for a total of 65.3 million units in the fourth quarter of 2022, which is a massive 28.5% decline as compared to the same quarter last year.
Garter mentioned that this is the largest quarterly shipment decline in the PC market since the market researcher began tracking the PC market in the mid-1990.
Huawei CEO said that Huawei PC products attained rapid growth in 2022 and the overall sales expanded rapidly. The Chinese tech maker has also achieved digital growth and a new milestone in key industries.
This is quite amazing but the Huawei consumer business chief has something more to say about the year ahead.
Yu said in the new year, Huawei will provide a consumer-centric approach and will continue to harness the power of research and development, open innovation, and build core competitiveness to bring new products.
The company will continue to explore industry scenarios and work with partners to create a prosperous environment for satisfying consumers’ demands. Simultaneously, Yu promised that his company will build an industry-leading commercial full-scenario service system to create a professional, efficient and powerful service ecosystem.
The new year will be filled with new energy and the Huawei PC market is likely to fulfill its promise by utilizing the company’s high-quality resources.
It will gain momentum from research, marketing, sales, supply, and service with partners in all ways possible. The collaboration will help all industry players to get their fair share of growth in the commercial market.
Yu emphasized that the company is willing to work with partners and explore the upcoming industry transition.
Huawei to launch new tablet in Q2 this year
This year is different and we could expect a number of new tablet device devices from Huawei, in that place, new tablet devices could launch in the Q2 of this year.
Inputs reveal that Huawei could launch a new tablet lineup in Q2 because Huawei has a big launch event in the first quarter. However, there’s a minor possibility that Huawei may reschedule the tablet launch to an early or later date.
Currently, there’s no new input available on the tablets but we may come in the near future. It is possible that the upcoming tablet will be powered by the latest Snapdragon and HarmonyOS 3.1 technologies but we’ll wait for new remarks from Huawei.