Huawei Mate 50 series is welcoming June 2023 with another major software update including numerous improvements and optimizations for service widgets, smart multi-window, turbocharging, and more.
Last month, Huawei released a major performance update for the entire Mate 50 lineup and it brought a significant change to these smartphones. However, the latest focuses on improving features and further enhancements for user experience.
According to the changelog, Huawei Mate 50 series June 2023 update comes with HarmonyOS build version 220.127.116.115 and a size of over 1GB.
It’s revealed that the service widgets or onscreen widgets can now adjust automatically based on the home screen content. The smart multi-window mode has added a feature to save the current state of the split screen. The update also optimizes the floating window features.
Aside from these, the turbocharging mode is receiving some new improvements as well. New security power is released for App Guard, which is now more secure and better than ever.
- Widgets: Combined widgets can automatically expand or shrink as the widgets increase or decrease, and stacked widgets can be automatically rotated and displayed as the scene changes.
- Smart multi-window: add the function of saving the split-screen state, save the split-screen state to the home screen, and click the split-screen combination icon to open the dual-app split-screen mode with one click. Optimize the smart multi-window experience, when returning to the home screen, the floating window will automatically shrink to a small window to continue the task.
- Charging: Optimize the super fast charging Turbo mode charging experience.
- App Guard: optimize the app guard, improve security, provide a pop-up window for secondary confirmation of application jumps, reduce the risk of misoperation, and make each step of jumping knowable and controllable.
- System: The document supports a one-step preview, without the need for a pop-up box to select the opening method. Call audio can be switched between speakers, handsets, and different Bluetooth devices in one step through the multi-device broadcast control center. Huawei’s printing interface is optimized, the printing entry is simplified and unified, and the document is printed in one step.
Notice, that the June 2023 update for the Huawei Mate 50 series is released in batches and may take some time to cover all of the models.