Huawei Mate 20 Lite is one of the most essential budget devices sold in the global market and recently, Huawei has started expanding EMUI 12 update for this phone in Europe. The rollout of EMUI 12 for the Mate 20 smartphone has been started last week in the global market.
Information coming from Huaweiblog reveals that Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 12 update for the Europe model comes with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168 and the update package size may vary depending on the beta or EMUI 10.0 users. However, you should know that these updates roll out in different timelines and expands gradually among Mate 20 Lite users.
Since April, Huawei has been testing EMUI 12 beta on Mate 20 devices, and after three long-running months of testing, the phone has started receiving this major software upgrade for all of the Mate 20 users.
The changelog reveals that Huawei Mate 20 Lite has various new features including the new font system, better user interface design, improve animations, optimized user controls, and new addition such as a control panel and notifications panel as well as large folders.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite:
The latest major EMUI 12 software update for the Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone could be downloaded via the My Huawei app. You need to navigate to the app, open the Services section, and tap on the update, if you don’t find the update button in the services section, then look for the app’s home screen interface for this option.
Once clicked the phone will start checking for the latest rollout build and fetch it for your smartphone. Below you can check the complete EMUI 12 changelog for Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- [Font] Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- [Neuromorphic Theme] Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- [Smart Folders] Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
- [Notification Panel and Control Panel] Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- [Multi Window] Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- [Huawei Share] Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- [MeeTime] Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats.
- [Gallery] The Discover tab in Gallery allows you to create video stories using preinstalled templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
Huawei Nova 7i is the latest one to upgrade with November 2022 EMUI update
Huawei Nova 7i is the latest smartphone to upgrade with November 2022 EMUI software update. However, we’ve not noted any major changes in the changelog. Therefore, it only contains November 2022 EMUI update to improve the security of the Huawei Nova 7i smartphone.
Still, we’re waiting for a major installation that may come next year as EMUI 13 but there’s no clue of its release for the time being. Meanwhile, we suggest you grab this rollout as soon as it appears on your Huawei Nova 7i device.
To be mentioned, Huawei Nova 7i’s latest firmware brings the EMUI version 22.214.171.1247 and a package size of 250 megabytes. You can grab this new software update via Settings or via the My Huawei app.
This update integrates Security patches released in November 2022 for improved system security. For more information, please visit the official Huawei website.
Thanks to the tipster – Pillar Man
- This update will not erase your personal data but it’s recommended that you back up any important file before the update procedure.
- If you face any issues during installation, please contact Huawei customer services.
- The update package will be deleted right after the installation.
- Make sure to maintain sufficient space on your phone to store the downloaded OTA package.
To be mentioned, Huawei is releasing this software update in batches and it may take some time to reach your Nova 7i model.
Huawei Nova 5T finally gets November 2022 EMUI update
According to the information coming from our tipster, Huawei Nova 5T is receiving the long-awaited November 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.199. The package size of this update is 262 megabytes size.
To be mentioned, we’ve been speculating this firmware since last month and it’s now out for the device. However, it doesn’t bring any major changes in terms of features or optimizations.
On the other hand, we’re also anticipating EMUI 13 but still, there’s no news about its release for Huawei smartphones. Meanwhile, Huawei Nova 5T is one of the devices that could receive this major software but it’s not confirmed for the time being.
An interesting fact about this rollout you should remember is that the November 2022 update is out in batches for Huawei Nova 5T smartphone owners. However, you can check for the new software update via the following software update.
Get this new build version via Settings > System & updates > tap on Software updates and check for the new firmware once it’s fetched for your smartphone. Don’t ignore that you are suggested to make a backup of important data to refrain from unwanted data loss.
Also, the traces of the OTA update will be removed as the firmware completes the installation.
Huawei Nova 5T was launched with EMUI 9.0 and upgraded to EMUI 12. From the hardware side, this phone will get you a 6.26-inch display with 16.7 million colors, FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels), 97% screen-to-body ratio.
The phone is powered by Kirin 980 octa-core chipset along with Mali-G76 GPU for better graphics performance.
The phone sips power from a 3750 mAh battery that could recharge with a 22.5W supercharger. Other than that, the phone has a stylish design that looks dazzling at all lights.
Huawei P40 Lite upgraded with EMUI 188.8.131.527
Huawei P40 Lite is getting the EMUI 184.108.40.2067 build version with November 2022 security patch. Therefore, it improves the phone’s capability to fight against potential software threats.
As the version reflects, the phone currently runs EMUI 12 software and it was upgraded from EMUI 10.0. Hence, we suggest anyone grab the latest firmware as it appears in the update section.
On the other hand, fans are also waiting for EMUI 13 but the company has not revealed a roadmap to upgrade smartphones. Also, there’s no clue for Huawei P40 Lite making its way to EMUI 13 schedule.
How to update:
You can download the new version by opening the Settings menu, and from there tap on System & updates. Now you need to open Software updates and then CHECK FOR UPDATES.
However, the importance of the P40 Lite doesn’t conclude here because the phone is still performing well among consumers. Thanks to the specs, which include a Kirin 810 chipset, and 6GB+128GB memory version.
Huawei P40 Lite features a 6.4-inch screen with FHD+ resolution (2310 x 1080 pixels). There are quad cameras 48MP + 8MP + 2MP and 2MP.
The flip side of the phone will get you a hole punch display to house a 16MP selfie camera. Furthermore, it’ll fetch a 4200mAh battery that could recharge fast with a 40W super fast charger.