After the US restrictions, Google also announced it’s stopping its support for Android ecosystem to Huawei which was later resumed on a 90 days extension, and to avoid full stoppage from its Android apps access Huawei seems to speed up the development of its own app ecosystem.
Huawei has been sending invites to Play Store developers to bring their apps on the company’s AppGallery, revealed in an email to a developer who contacted Xdadevelopers, in the condition of anonymity.
This step could be taken as a preparation in which the company may not be able to access Google services in the future and separating its reliance from Android. Please check the invitation below.
Subject: [OFFICIAL] Invitation to join Huawei AppGallery
Cher XXX team,
- In the last 2 years, Huawei shipped over 350M phones, about half of them in western markets.
- All Huawei phones have our official AppStore “AppGallery” preloaded globally, with 270 million monthly active users.
- We realized that your great Android App XXX is not yet published in our AppGallery.
- In order to guarantee a smooth usage of your App for our users, Huawei is committed to provide you with full support, to help you publish your App into AppGallery.
- We would therefore like to invite you to join our 560k developers community for free, in our Huawei Developer portal.
Note: This story is not officially confirmed by Huawei.