Huawei Developer Cloud conference is going to held from April 24 to April 26, 2021. No doubts that Huawei Cloud Services is growing as time goes. The extremely cost-effective characteristics of the service provide benefits to both the company and the consumer.
As the future approaches, the Cloud has been crossing the limits providing new solutions to satisfy the problems with ease and its use in the industry is growing in a super-fast manner.
The software developers want to make their contribution in the cloud technology research and innovation. Huawei Technology aims to give them a platform to discuss the scope, opportunity, and solutions to jointly try out new things.
This three-day conference is scheduled as mentioned below:
- 24 April: Summit, Technical Forum, Development Training Camp, Sweeper Monk Meeting, Interactive Exhibition Area (Collages and university visitors)
- 25 April: Keynote Speech
- 26 April: Summit, Technical Forum, Development Training Camp, Sweeper Monk Meeting, Interactive Exhibition Area.
The only motive of this conference is to showcase the revolutionary development of AI Cloud technology, which accelerates smart industrialization and bringing us towards a more smart era.
The Schedule Timeline for the Keynote Speech includes the following topics and representatives:
09:30 – 09:55 (GMT+8)
- HUAWEI CLOUD: Supercharging the Intelligent Upgrade of Business
- Representative: Yu Chengdong (Richard Yu), Executive Director, CEO of Cloud BU, CEO of Consumer Business Group, Huawei
09:55 – 10:25 (GMT+8)
- Cloud-Native 2.0: All-in-Cloud and Full-Stack Intelligence
- Representative: Bruno Zhang, CTO, Cloud BU, Huawei
- Representative: Zhang Lei, Zhang Lei
10:25 – 10:55 (GMT+8)
- Topic: New Model of AI Industrial Development
- Representative: Dr. Tian Qi, Chief Scientist in AI, Cloud BU, Huawei, IEEE Fellow
- Representative: Zhou Jie, Assistant Manager of Intelligent Operation & Inspection Branch, State Grid Chongqing Yongchuan Power Supply Company
10:55 – 11:15 (GMT+8)
- Topic: Powering Diversified Computing Through Basic Software Innovation
- Representative: Xiong Yan, President, Computing Product Line R&D, Huawei
11:15 – 11:35 (GMT+8)
- Topic: Next-Generation Cloud-Native Development Tools
- Representative: Wang Yawei, Chief Expert of Huawei Cloud Software Development Tools and Efficiency, Director of Development Tools Technology Management Group, Huawei
11:35 – 11:45 (GMT+8)
- Topic: Huawei Developer Program 2021 Launch, Seeking Continuous Enablement
- Representative: Zhang Ping’an, President of Cloud BU, President of Consumer Cloud Service, Huawei
Huawei must use 30-years of network industry experience in the Cloud service market and build new features: Founder
On January 3, 2020, at the Enterprise Business and Cloud Business Conference, Ren Zhengfei (founder and CEO of Huawei) delivered a speech, which was recently released by the Huawei President’s office.
In his speech, Ren first proposed his goals and positioning of Huawei Cloud but the Huawei founder only pointed out the direction that Huawei Cloud needs to take to grow further.
Ren said, “We must do something not do something or not everything”.
By learning from the market giants such as Amazon and Microsoft, we must also accumulate Huawei’s 30-year network experience in the cloud service market and build new features for customers.
“We cannot simply take the same path as Alibaba and Amazon. We do not have so much money, they’ve inexhaustible money in the US stock market,” said Ren.
Huawei wants to build a leading ICT infrastructure and it must win in-network, computing and enterprise, and Huawei Cloud.
In his closing words, Ren emphasized that one is to reduce the combat surface, the other is to carefully figure out the combat structure/strategy. It’s necessary to be able to clarify the strategic policy of operations, to figure out what boats and bridges are used to cross the river, and not to run the enterprise with slogans.
Huawei Cloud is the cloud service brand of Huawei. Currently, Huawei Cloud has launched more than 200 services, developed more than 1.5 million developers and nearly 20,000 partners. By the end of June 2019, the HUAWEI CLOUD had 180+ cloud services and 180+ solutions.
Huawei releases Computer Vision Plan to help global AI Developers
At Huawei Connect 2018, Huawei released its AI strategy for the first time, focusing on AI basic research and collaboration with global research institutes and developers to build an AI ecosystem.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) 2020 Cloud, Huawei showcased a holistic package of its base of research in computer vision and released the Computer Vision plan and invited global Artificial Intelligence (AI) experts to participate in the research.
The Atlas AI computing platform powered by Huawei Ascend AI processors will provide powerful computing to support this plan. The research results will be implemented in Huawei’s MindSpore, the all-scenario AI computing framework.
“Huawei has invested heavily in the basic research of computer vision with focus on data, knowledge, and models. In the past two years, Huawei has published more than 80 papers at leading AI conferences and journals such as CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS, and ICLR. Huawei has made many groundbreaking achievements. These research results are opened to the industry in the forms of academic papers and source code. We invite global AI developers to research, develop, and deploy AI based on Huawei’s existing research results.” Said Tian Qi, Chief Scientist of Computer Vision, Noah’s Ark Laboratory at Huawei, and IEEE Fellow, shared the latest research progress in computer vision.
At the event, Professor Tian Qi introduced the computer Vision plan, which incorporates six sub-plans. They are the following:
- Data Iceberg Plan: Use a small amount of annotated data to unleash the potential of massive unannotated data and support model training in small sample scenarios.
- Data Magic Cube Plan: Use multi-modal quantification, alignment, and fusion strategies to enhance the learning capability of models in real-world scenarios.
- Model High-touching Plan: Build large models on the cloud to explore the performance limits of various vision tasks.
- Mode Slimming Plan: Build efficient computing models on the device side to help various chips complete the complex inference.
- Generic Vision Plan: Define vision pre-training tasks to build generalized vision models.
- V-R Integration Plan: Direct computer vision to real artificial intelligence via virtual-real integration.
“We welcome global AI researchers to join Huawei’s Vision Plan to innovate and explore the future together. The powerful computing capability of Huawei Atlas AI computing platform will accelerate the implementation of the Vision Plan. The research results will be fully implemented on Huawei’s all-scenario AI computing framework MindSpore and open to the industry, helping every AI developer.” Tian Qi added.