Huawei EMUI February 2023 Updates List
We’re in February 2023 and Huawei is rolling out new security updates, patches, and optimizations for EMUI smartphones. These devices in the global market are eligible to get the latest upgrades to improve user experience and performance.
As of February, Huawei has completed the EMUI 12 roadmap in all regions and that’s where the users are concerned. Why? Because EMUI 13 release, beta, and roadmap are still missing in action and global users are waiting for this major rollout.
This year, Huawei is delaying more than ever to reveal the details of a new EMUI version, which is frustrating, and for the time being, there’s no clue when it will actually come.
There is a lot of firmware that roll out in a month and below you can check all of the latest Huawei EMUI updates that are rolling out in February 2023.
February 26, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7i is now eligible to download February 2023 EMUI security patch update with EMUI 184.108.40.2065 but it also brings improvements for network and applications. Read more here.
February 24, 2023:
- The Huawei Mate 40 series lookalike, the Huawei Nova Y90 smartphone is grabbing February 2023 security update with firmware version 220.127.116.11 and update package size of 317 megabytes.
February 23, 2023:
- Some Huawei P40 Lite users are receiving December 2022 EMUI security update, while some others already reached on January 2023 patch level.
- Huawei’s foldable phone, Mate Xs is getting a new firmware with EMUI version 18.104.22.1682 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for a better system security.
February 22, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Pro is marking an expansion in more markets inside Europe, this is a good sign of new users of P40 Pro getting better security solution.
February 21, 2023:
- Some Huawei Nova 5T users are receiving VOLTE and VoWiFi calling features with a latest upgrade EMUI 22.214.171.124 and it weighs around 1.18 GB.
February 20, 2023:
- Global models of the Huawei P40 series are getting February 2023 security update with firmware version 126.96.36.1994. However, there’s one user that received a 6GB of security patch, of which, you can read more here.
February 19, 2023:
- Huawei is rolling out the February 2023 EMUI security update for Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone in the global market with the latest security patch with EMUI version 188.8.131.521. It is the first device to grab this firmware and it will expand.
February 16, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite is getting January 2023 security update that comes with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.2063 and improves the phone’s security aspects.
February 12, 2023:
- Huawei Mate Xs in the global market is getting a new software update that aims at improving the security aspect of the device with the EMUI 220.127.116.110 software package.
February 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 and Y70 smartphones are receiving a new software update that comes with January 2023 security patch and it has firmware versions 18.104.22.168 and EMUI 22.214.171.124.
February 6, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new firmware update for the Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 smartphones that brings January 2023 security for the corresponding devices.
- Huawei Nova 7 is an amazing smartphone and one of the last in the global market to sell with 5G connectivity, as its January 2023 patch is expanding for more consumers.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is one of the first smartphones to test EMUI 13 but for now, it is getting new firmware that installs January 2023 security update. However, the hopes are stretching far from a new software update.
January 4, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding January 2023 security update for the Huawei P40 Pro smartphone in Europe, which comes with EMUI version 126.96.36.1990. The update has significant advantages over the past and fixes various vulnerabilities for the P40 Pro software system.
- January 2023 software update is reaching out to more Huawei Mate 40 Pro global users with EMUI 12 and you should know that the firmware build has a 188.8.131.520 version.
How to update:
In order to get the latest software, open the Settings menu on your smartphone and head toward System & updates. From here, you need to go to the Software updates section and tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Notice that your phone will take additional minutes. Alternatively, My Huawei app will also work for you.
There are some safety precautions that you can follow, such as important data backup and sufficient storage for the OTA package.
If you want to share any inputs and news, check the email below.
Huawei is yet to share EMUI 13 roadmap
EMUI 13 beta kicked off for global users and it’s quite exciting but the roadmap of eligible Huawei devices is still awaited. While there’s no official news available on this matter.
In 2021, Huawei released EMUI 12 roadmap during the Asia pacific launch event but this year, there are no such plans revealed. Instead of the roadmap, Huawei opened the EMUI 13 beta for all Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phones.
Unfortunately, the program is open for the Asia region but more users want to join the beta activity. Especially the European models are waiting for term to dive into the testing pool.
Despite the delay, we hope that the oldest set of devices may also get a slot into this EMUI 13 release program.
In the meantime, if you have a flagship phone, tune into the Beta app. From here open the “Me” section and then search for a new EMUI 13 beta project.
You need to sign up for the beta application and wait for the submission. Once submitted, you will be notified to download the OTA update package.
If the activity is not available on your phone, don’t worry, you will see the project after the beta opens in your country. Yet, we also suggest you keep an eye on the Beta application.
EMUI 13 Features:
EMUI 13 focuses on reinventing EMUI 12, this includes better security and privacy. This new software can review all of the data safety measures thanks to the new privacy center.
It has new options to allow or revoke permission, check the timeline for all of the user permission, and so on. You can also set new image privacy to hide the image meta information.
EMUI 13 also plays well around the user interface and there are many improvements made to features such as large folders and service widgets.
EMUI 184.108.40.206 rolling for Huawei Mate 50 Pro
Huawei is rolling out EMUI 220.127.116.11 for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone in the global market. This update is packed with lots of new features, optimizations, and improvements for this flagship phone.
According to the information, EMUI 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with new network improvements for certain situations. It has improvements in camera quality.
There are also new optimizations made for the audio quality of calls and games. On the flip side, the app has its own improvements for a better user experience.
Furthermore, Huawei has arranged new system stability optimizations that provide a performance boost for your smartphone.
According to the inputs, this upgrade integrates February 2023 security patch for the phone.
This is a big changelog for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and the company is sending this to improve the phone’s performance in various scenarios. Also, if you have a Mate 50 Pro device, we suggest you get this version right away as soon as it appears.
The Mate 50 Pro is the first phone among all of the Huawei smartphones to get EMUI 13 but actually, it comes pre-installed. Since its launch, old phone users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
Recently, Huawei opened the beta program for a few flagships – P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phone. You should know that the latest EMUI 13 beta activity has limited slots and it’s available only for a region.
This new Huawei Mate 50 Pro update was released last week for global consumers and rolling out in batches. If your Mate 50 Pro has not received this firmware, make sure you get it via System settings.
(source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei P40 Lite February 2023 EMUI update reaches Europe
Huawei P40 lite is getting a new software update in Europe, which brings the latest security patches released in the month of February 2023. However, the phone users are also waiting for EMUI 13 roadmap to confirm their eligibility for the next major software update.
Huaweiblog reports that Huawei P40 Lite users are getting the February 2023 security update in Europe with build version 22.214.171.1248 and the OTA package size of 254 megabytes.
This is a staged rollout, and all of the P40 Lite users will get it gradually. Below you can check the complete changelog of this software release.
List of Changes
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in February 2023 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website.
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- Charge your phone sufficiently.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.