Huawei has updated the Huawei Backup to version 10.1.1.380. This update has a size of 11MB. This app update brings some new changes.
What’s new in this update:
- The backup no longer has an icon on the home screen. To back up and restore your data, just go to Settings.
- To ensure data security, you must set a password before you can back up.
You can download this version from our Huawei Backup app page here.
Introducing Huawei Backup. Never lose your data again. Backup allows users of Huawei devices to easily save an extra copy of their data, apps, media files, contacts, SMS and MMS, call logs, and more to a storage device or to the cloud.
Backup lets you:
- Back up your personal data, including contacts, SMS and MMS, call logs, system settings, alarms, browser bookmarks, email accounts, Calendar events, Weather, Clock, and Music.
- Back up your apps, including app data such as accounts.
- Back up your media files, including photos, videos, and recordings.
- Encrypt your backups for greater security.
- Save your backups to memory cards, USB drives, or the cloud. Some device models support backing up to network-attached storage or Huawei Back-up.
Google Meet is getting new UI, additional features and new background
Google has announced new features and a completely fresh UI for its video-conferencing application, Google Meet. The new update will install a handful of changes in the application, which includes –
- Newly design refreshed look
- Additional features
- Background changes
All these changes will be updated in the coming months and will improve the video conferencing experience of the users.
Let’s take a closer look at the upcoming changes in Google meet:
Newly design refreshed look:
With the new design and refreshed look, the Goole Meet will get a more spacious look. Afterward, users can use more areas to see the video clip and also can add more windows.
It will also shift the Meeting dial-in codes, the participant list, chat, and attachments options on the bottom right corner of the window, which made more space in vertical alignment.
The additional buttons like mute, pause, turn on captions, wave, and present placed next to the power button on the bottom-mid of the window.
The additional changes will bring boast of features to place all control on the bottom bar of the window. So, no need to use the pop-up menu or drop menu often.
After the updated user can resize, reposition or hide their video feed while the video conferencing. As well there is an AI Zooming feature is also coming, which said to be available for the paid subscribers.
Together with all this, now presenters are able to unpin their content to see other people on the call and gauge reactions. Google is also planning to launch the ability to pin multiple video feeds which is likely to come soon.
Furthermore, Google Meet will also get the Data Saver Mode on the mobile version by this month. It will be helpful in using the limited data.
About the background changes, Google is introducing three themes including a classroom, a party, and a forest.
In Addition, Google Meet will also now automatically detect a low light background and automatically adjust the brightness. This feature will roll out to Google Meet on the web in the coming weeks.
Huawei voice assistant will soon support for Japanese AI subtitles
To date, Huawei technology stretch to almost every field including smart products manufacturing, Cloud and computing services, and software application development, etc. As well the company is also taking the essential steps to grow in these fields.
Huawei is also advancing itself in the field of voice assistant technology and embedding it into its devices. Related to this, as per the latest information, the company has been started to test a new version of the company’s smart voice app on Huawei smartphones.
The new 188.8.131.520 version is committed to liberating users through advanced voice interaction technology. According to the changelog, this latest version brings many optimizations to provide a more enhanced user experience.
It was also mentioned that it will allow the app to provide support for Japanese AI subtitles for more ease of language transmissions.
Release Note Details:
- Update version: Users can identify this update with the 184.108.40.2060 built version
- Update size: It contains a 56.1MB update package size
Release Note Changelog:
- Optimize the ease of use of AI subtitles, and add support for AI subtitles in call scenes. Daily drama chasing and communication are more relaxed and enjoyable (only for ROM 11.0 and above).
- Optimize the weather function, accurately sense cold and warm, and respond to weather changes in time
- Access to quark chat, add a new chat function to help you pass the boring time
- Optimize smooth connection-number return
Not a long ago, Huawei Assistant honored as the first-ever virtual smartphone assistant to support an Esports ‘card’. Now, users can enjoy live scores, results, and sports headlines of the major gaming events.
However, it’s not confirmed, whether this feature will be available to markets outside of China.
New Head up Display and COVID-19 supporting features rolling for Huawei Petal Maps app
Now, Huawei is sending a new application update for Petal Maps, which comes with a number of new features including a Head-up display (HUD), COVID-19 supporting functions, and more.
Additionally, it also brings optimizations for volume adjustment for voice broadcasts during navigation, as well as Bluetooth settings, Shows an outline of the place when searching for AOIs, and more.
Talking about Petal Maps, it offers map browsing, map searching, navigation, and air gestures. Also, it not only lets you get your current location, browse the map, search for places, and add your favorites, but displays real-time traffic conditions, events, and more.
Updates version: Users can identify this latest update with version 220.127.116.114(001) updated from 18.104.22.1681(001) with an update size of 16.9MB.
Check the detailed changelog mentioned below.
- Adda Head-up Display (HUD) functionality
- Supports creating custom favorite lists
- Allows showing COVID-19 information on the map
- Supports searching COVID-19 vaccination sites (France and Singapore)
- Optimizes volume adjustment for voice broadcasts during navigation, as well as Bluetooth settings
- Adds an avoid ferries option when planning routes
- Shows an outline of the place when searching for AOIs (Areas of Interest) such as airport
For more information:
Petal Maps application initially supports multiple languages, with voice notifications in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Mandarin in over 140 countries.