Huawei announces $200 million investment to advance Kunpeng computing industry
Today on the first first day of Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) Cloud 2020 event, Huawei announced a new investment to advance the Huawei Developer Program 2.0.
Huawei will invest 200 million USD with detailed programs for universities, startups, individual developers, and partners, driving new milestones in the Kunpeng computing industry.
The company also announced its partners such as Tencent Games to make the next step in Kunpeng ecosystem collaboration and is also partnering with Kylinsoft, iSoft, Uniontech, and the Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS) to announce commercial OS editions powered by openEuler.
“Developers are the key to changing the computing world. They are the engine of enterprise innovations and the soul of new industry ecosystems. In 2019, we released Huawei Developer Program 2.0 with the goal to develop five million developers over five years.” said Hou Jinlong, President of Cloud & AI BG, Huawei.
“Currently, we have 1.6 million developers working on HUAWEI CLOUD. We will continue to work with global developers and industry partners to provide robust, economical computing power by leveraging the multi-core, high-concurrency advantages of Kunpeng processors. Together, we will unlock the trillion-dollar blue ocean market of the computing industry and share the success of the digital economy.” he added.
Kunpeng Powers Tools and Platforms to Speed Up Development
At HDC.Cloud, Huawei released the CloudIDE, Kunpeng acceleration library, and developer community to provide developers with easier access to Kunpeng.
- CloudIDE: A component of the HUAWEI CLOUD development platform DevCloud, CloudIDE is a lightweight, web-based integrated development environment that streamlines development and runtime. It supports Kunpeng native and multiple languages and currently empowers over 400,000 users in over 500,000 projects. CloudIDE will provide all Kunpeng instances for free through 2020.
- Kunpeng acceleration library: By providing basic, compression, encryption and decryption, storage, and multimedia functions, the acceleration library boosts performance by at least 10%, and even by over 100% in encryption/decryption scenarios, with less than 1% code change.
- Kunpeng Community: This community is a developer stronghold that integrates full-stack software and hardware knowledge, updates, policy release, and certification query, as well as 24/7 online expert services.
Huawei and Tencent Games partnership:
At HDC.Cloud, Huawei announced a strategic partnership with Tencent Games. As a result, the homogeneous device-cloud architecture of Kunpeng processors will be the catalyst for this joint innovation.
“We are glad to have the strategic collaboration with Huawei and have set up a joint innovation lab as a testimony to our long-term goals. We will combine our strengths in mobile cloud gaming and game engines. For example, at Tencent we have built the GameMatrix platform designed for mobile cloud gaming. In the future, we will leverage Huawei Kunpeng processors to build quality, cost-effective mobile cloud gaming solutions.” said Ma Xiaoyi, Senior Vice President of Tencent.
Huawei Developer Program 2.0 with a USD200 Million Investment in 2020:
In 2019, Huawei released Developer Program 2.0, which proposed a huge USD1.5 billion investment over five years to promote industry development. This is the foundation of the package announced by Huawei today, which includes a USD200 million investment in 2020 and detailed support for universities, startups, developers, and partners.
- Huawei Developer Program for Universities: Huawei will provide CNY100 million for universities, including talent development, cloud resources, and prototypes. In addition, Huawei and China’s Ministry of Education signed a three-year agreement to invest CNY1 billion to jointly cultivate the next generation of talent.
- Huawei Developer Program for Startups and Individuals: Huawei provides grants worth a total of CNY100 million for startups and individual developers in the form of cloud resources and onsite activities. Each startup can obtain cloud coupons worth up to CNY750,000.
- Huawei Developer Program for Partners: Huawei provides partners with total support amounting to CNY600 million, including a one-time R&D subsidy of CNY300 million, and cloud resources worth CNY300 million.
Huawei Cloud Double 11 event offering huge discounts and rewards on services
Huawei Cloud has organized the Double 11 event for its users and offers a bunch of rewards and surprises on cloud products and services. While there are various other activities to participate alongside.
For your information, the event begins every day at 9:00 am and will continue till November 30. Eventually, you can win tons of gifts, rewards, and exciting offers daily, till the end of this month.
In addition, you can also grab ultimate cloud servers and take advantage of their advanced services and facilities at an affordable rate. These are the following cloud servers:
- Huawei 1-core 2G Elastic Cloud Server – 35.10 yuan [4.90 USD] for a limited time
- Huawei 2-core 4G Elastic Cloud Server (2M bandwidth) – 116.14 yuan [16.23 USD] for 13 months.
- Huawei 8-core Elastic Cloud Server – 59.10 yuan per 3 months.
Apart from the services, the Huawei Cloud Double 11 event is conducting two activities. The first activity is based on inviting new users to the Huawei Cloud Store. While the second activity is to order and payment purposes
Activity 1: Invite new users to enjoy shopping vouchers and rewards
In this activity, participants have to invite and tempt new users to join Huawei Cloud Store and buy new products. The more will be the users, the more will be the gifts. You can check the criteria below.
- Invite 5 to 9 new users to win a 50 yuan shopping voucher and 50 additional gifts.
- Invite 10 to 14 new users to win a 100 yuan shopping voucher and 30 additional gifts.
- Invite 15 to 29 new users to win a 200 yuan shopping voucher and 30 additional gifts.
And so on. The list continues till 500 new users and you can win a shopping voucher up to 5000 yuan.
Activity 2: Order, Purchase, and take exciting rewards.
Here, the gifts are waiting for new users, based on their total payment amount.
- When the total payment of new users is 1000 to 4999.99 yuan, they will win 100 yuan voucher + 20 additional gifts.
- When the total payment of new users is 5000 to 14999.99 yuan, they will win a 500 yuan voucher + 10 additional gifts.
- When the total payment of new users is 15,000 to 49,999.99 yuan, they will win 1500 yuan voucher + 5 additional gifts.
- When the total payment of new users is 50,000 yuan and above, they will win 5000 yuan voucher + 2 extra gifts.
To participate in this activity, you have to visit the Huawei Cloud official website and need to fulfill the required details. You can learn more about the activities and participating details HERE.
New Huawei Cloud solutions will increase digital growth of automobile sector
On November 20, Huawei attended the Automotive Industry Digital Intelligence Upgrade Summit Forum in Suzhou, China. During the event, the company unveiled a new Huawei Cloud architecture and a few solutions that can hype the digital growth of automobile industries.
As per the input revealings, the latest cloud infrastructure is 1+3+M+N. This framework applies to both Chinese as well as global automotive sectors. Alongside the digital aspect, the newly-released cloud architecture will also increase networking growth.
What does 1+3+M+N reflect?
The latest Huawei Cloud architecture has a hidden meaning and motto. Let’s understand the innovative term in more detail:
1 vehicle storage and computing network
The new cloud architecture will support Huawei Cloud’s global vehicle storage and computing network framework. In other words, it will aim to develop a unified networking coverage for automobiles across the globe.
So far, the respective framework has offered services in more than 170 countries worldwide. Moreover, it has integrated with the KooVerse computing network and has made the global deployment of the Internet of Vehicles possible.
3 ultra-large data centers to develop a car zone
To make an efficient, eco-friendly, and secure automobile zone, the Chinese tech maker has established three leading cloud data centers in Ulanqab, Gui’an, and Wuhu. These regions in China support the entire manufacturing purposes.
M distributed IoV nodes
Consequently, Huawei keeps associating with different operators to initiate high-end and distributed IoV (Internet of Vehicles). Thus, this development will make transporting IoV data and details to the cloud sector easier.
N vehicle-specific data access points
Huawei Cloud department will deploy approx 50 vehicle-specific data access points. This step will allow the transfer of driving details and other development notes in the cloud without any hindrance.
Huawei Cloud Solutions:
Additionally, Huawei has also released a handful of cloud solutions for the automobile industry. To begin with, the company has launched the R&D driving solution. Ultimately, it will help in collecting and verifying autonomous driving algorithms.
Furthermore, Huawei Cloud has brought the AI development ModelArts solution to support efficient training. Accordingly, it will enhance the training activity by 30% and will reduce the overall time consumption by 50%.
Ahead, the company has revealed a software-oriented car solution. As the name suggests, it will be an aid in the car-cloud collaboration and will support the development of car-related applications and services.
Huawei Connect 2022 introduces new cloud-network solutions in Dubai
Huawei conducted the Connect 2022 conference in Dubai on October 12 and introduced numerous cloud-network solutions. Besides, the manufacturer also presented several programs that can elevate digital development in the region.
Describing the merits of Intelligent Cloud-Network Solutions, Huawei quotes that these services will aid the network requirements in Dubai. Further, it will provide benefits to operators and consumers in several other aspects.
The cloud-network solution mainly confines three major functionalities: CloudFabric 3.0, CloudCampus 3.0, and CloudWan 3.0. Together, these capabilities will bridge the gap between operators and advanced network technologies.
Let’s read about these three attributes in more detail:
This mechanism provides new facilities and services for L3.5 ADN (Autonomous Driving Network) technology. Moreover, it comprises universal management features, interconnection, better verification, and risk prediction for applications and networks.
This mechanism targets the enterprises and their goals. Further, it eases the campus network covering four major corners. These are Access, Branch, Architecture, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M).
In terms of inclusion, the mechanism consists of the first enterprise-class Wi-Fi 7 AP AirEngine 8771-X1T, core switch Cloud Engine S16700, and 4-in-1 hyper-converged gateway NetEngine AR5710.
WAN reflects – Wide Area Network. Thus, this solution works toward achieving enhanced and improved connectivity in larger areas. On the other hand, it provides ultra-high-density services to the operators with the help of a NetEngine 8000 F8 router.
Consequently, these components will provide aggregate network facilities in the region.
Apart from the cloud-network technology, the Chinese tech maker along with IEEE-UAE and UAE’s Ankabut and Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) also revealed the high-definition L3.5 Data Center ADN White Paper automation.
Ultimately, this solution improves the network framework of the enterprises. Besides, it also enriches the operational functions of the enterprises and reduces their capital expenditures and operating expenses.
Huawei Connect 2022 has proved as a boon for Dubai operators. The Chinese firm has offered several new technologies and solutions to the region. It would be worth seeing what effective changes will these solutions provide to the region in the time ahead.