Google Play Store is the world’s biggest app marketplace that allows users to download various types of apps, and games on their Android devices. Sometimes, the Google Play Store distribution platform may bring you app download-related issues.
These Google Play Store app download issues could be in the following scenarios.
- Your app downloads and updates get stuck during the procedure and won’t finish.
- Your desired apps and games won’t download or complete the installation via Google Play Store.
- Your Android device failed to download music, movies, TV shows, or other content from Play Store.
Below you can check all of the troubleshooting steps for your Android device.
- Internet connection plays a major role in connecting your smartphone to the Play Store server, therefore, it’s recommended that you use strong WiFi or Mobile data connection.
- If you haven’t already, make sure to check there’s enough internal storage on your device. The download and installation process may get interrupted if the device may low in space.
Check software update:
- You can get the latest software update that may help you update the system library or resolve some fixes to bugs that may have come with the last firmware rollout.
Troubleshoot Play Store App:
Aside from the system settings, you can directly troubleshoot some issues that may occur via the Play Store app itself.
- Sometimes, a user opens an app that may show the app’s page listing but you cannot download it because the developer may have set limitations on the listing that restrict the app from being downloaded in a specific country or device. Therefore, check if the app is available to download on your device.
Uninstall and Reinstall:
- Another step that you can take to resolve the update-related issue is to reinstall the app but first, you have to delete that. To do so, you need to open the Play Store, then tap on the profile icon, then tap on Manage apps & device > then tap on Manage. From here, select the app you want to delete then hit Uninstall. Now, begin the process of installation via – Enable or Install option.
Note: The uninstallation process could also be initiated from the phone’s system settings.
Tried all of the above-mentioned steps and the problem is still there? don’t worry, there are other ways that could further expand your efforts in order to resolve this issue.
Reopen Play Store:
The first thing that you can do is to close the Google Play Store app from the task manager to disconnect the background process from the server and kill background services. Then reopen and retry.
Uninstall Play Store updates:
Another way to free up the Play Store is to uninstall and reinstall the Play Store updates. To do so, you need a replicable Wi-Fi connection. For that, you need to find the Play Store icon, tap, and hole to access other options, and then tap on information or more information icons to access app settings.
From here tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the display and tap on “Uninstall updates” to uninstall app updates from your Android device. Alternatively, you can access Settings to access the app management page.
Restart your phone:
Sometimes, it takes a simple restart that may do the work for your current app-related issues. Restart your Android phone and try to download the app again.
Clear Google Play Services Cache and Data:
Android devices are all about Google Play Services, they work to bring you cloud narrated data with a bridge called GMS, and then the apps allow you to access them directly on your Android smartphone.
However, Google Play Services has its own library of services stored in Android that may get filled with bugs or storage-related issues. Hence clearing the app’s cache and storage might help us to achieve our goal and resolve.
Open your phone’s Settings, then follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Go to your phone’s app management settings
- Tap on Google Play Services
- Tap on Storage
- Clear Cache
- Clear Data
Clear Google Play Store Cache and Data:
Cach is a big supporter of all of your apps and services on an Android device. However, it could also store bugs to disturb your Google Play Store app access features. Therefore, try to clear the cache and current data from your device.
Similar to the Play Services, we need to jump on the Settings to do this trick.
Open Settings > then tap on the app section, from here select Google Play Store and then clear its Storage and Cache. If you do not find these options separately, then clear all of the Google Play Store app data.
The last thing that you can try to resolve this issue, is to log out and log back into your Google account on the phone. This may remove all of your account’s data associated with your device and add it back to begin a fresh start of services.
Make sure you do not restore apps’ data backup if you’ve opted for such an option or third-party services.
December 2022 Google Play System update brings new changes to digital driver’s license
It’s December 2022, and Google is rolling out a new Play System update with a huge changelog and interesting features. Besides, the company has also added some reflective optimizations to improve the overall user experience.
In addition, the December 2022 Google Play System update brings a new beta feature for the Google Wallet. Eventually, this change is something that will enrich smart car-related operations for consumers.
As per the latest info, the latest Google Wallet beta feature will allow users to access digital driver’s licenses. In other words, you can keep your ID or license card safely on your Android devices under the Wallet application.
The purpose of this feature is to offer a digital and more secure experience to users with their ID and other informative cards. As of now, the feature is only rolling to some selected states in the US. But we could find more regions attaining this feature in the time ahead.
Although the changelog doesn’t read much information on this subject for the moment. Yet, we will inform you of the latest reports as soon as Google will hint at something on this matter.
Aside from the unique element, Google has optimized the device connectivity scenario, added new features to the Play Store, and made the system management more convenient to operate. You can have a detailed look at these features, below.
December 2022 Google Play System update – Changelog
- [Auto, Phone, TV] Bug fixes for Account Management, Security, and Updatability-related services.
Device Connectivity: Phone
- Update Case-related settings
- Reduce delays in discovering contacts via Nearby Share
- Inform the user when casting to a Tablet device needing user interaction
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the Apps and Games you love
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility
- Beta feature to allow users from selected US states to digitize their state ID/driver’s license into the Google Wallet for convenient, private, and secure presentation
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and stability.
To enjoy these new pinches on your Android phone, you must have the latest version of the Google Play services (v48.22) and Google Play Store (v33.2) on your device.
Google Play Store rules troubling Android users in US
Google Play Store has been causing some unlawful trouble for Android users in the US. As per the input revealings, the company is alleged by the California lawsuits of preserving forbidden Play Store rules and disobeying US anti-competition laws.
The story begins in July this year. The major authorities of 36 states sued the US tech maker. Accordingly, the authorities claimed that Google puts pressure on the developers for opting the Play Store practices irrespective of their convenience.
In addition, many app developers reported that Google forces them to use the Play Store in-app purchase system which cost 30% commission. Consequently, these steps keep Google far away from the market competition.
Thus, Google alleged for following illegal marketing concepts and creating trouble for Android users with Play Store rules. In the latest edition, the California lawsuits have proceeded with this matter as a consumer class action of 21 million individuals.
For your information, a class action is a type of regulation where a large number of people takes legal action against the same problem. Here, the class action consists of Android users of 12 US states including Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Eventually, this class action sought out damage of 4.7 billion USD. Meanwhile, California judge James Donato said in an order [PDF] that the company has halted the legal common practices for the tech makers in the market which leads to anti-competitive business.
Google denies the allegations
Significantly, Google kept its points in front of the lawmen and denied the allegations. The company said that they are working under legal rules and regulations without harming users’ concerns.
“We’re evaluating the ruling and after that, we’ll assess our options.”
It’s worth mentioning that Google has rolled out the user billing system to comfort developers worldwide. With this feature, developers can utilize their own in-app purchase system without making a share in the Play Store. However, the respective feature has still some time to come into effective usage.
Google Play Store 33.2.12 rolling with app crash prompt feature
Google Play Store 33.2.12 will greatly expand to smartphones, tablets, and other devices but you can download it right away from the link given below. However, people who want to wait will get it installed silently in the background.
This Play Store version also improves the overall performance of the system and provides a better user experience.
This week, Android has made a significant change in the Play Store and app ecosystem for smartphones and other platforms. For instance, if an app crashes, Play Store will prompt users to get the latest update for the app from Play Store. That’s a good improvement for Android phone owners and it’s rolling out with Play Store version 33.2. as mentioned above.
Android enthusiast, Mishal Rahman found relevant details in the Play Store Android code, including updating the app to fix crashes.
Such a message on app crash includes: “The app stopped working, but the latest update for the app may fix the issue. Install the update and then open the app again. If you want to update later, go to %1$s in Google Play.”
To be mentioned the latest changes in Play Store are released with the latest November 2022 Google Play System Update. There are other important optimizations and new features added to the app distribution platform.
These include better download and installation speed, optimizations for performance, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility.
New formats for search results, update for game clusters views for Chromebooks, new kids menu on large screen Android devices, automatic updates over limited mobile data for Google Play apps for users who do not have regular WiFi access.
We suggest you look for the latest Play Store app software to get the new optimizations and app crash fix prompt feature.