HarmonyOS 3.1 Developer beta open for smartphone users
Today, HarmonyOS 3.1 developer preview testing is opened for smartphone users, this recruitment will enable developers to participate in the open beta activity with developer-only features directly into a real device.
According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.1 developer beta is currently being announced for the first phase of devices including Huawei P50 and P50 Pro. However, Huawei has confirmed to add more devices to the test pool later on. Also, a more friendly and subtle beta test is likely to begin in March.
To be mentioned, HarmonyOS 3.1 developer open beta recruitment is applicable until February 13, 2023. Afterward, Huawei will review the test applications. Selected testers will receive an email or SMS to download HarmonyOS 3.1 developer beta OTA rollout.
Also, this beta activity is available only for the Chinese models and only real authenticated accounts will pass the developer beta signup.
HarmonyOS 3.1 comes constructively adds a new ArkTS language, and with the latest public test, you will experience the improvements and efficiency of the app powered by ArkTS language, STage model, ArkUI, and more.
Below you can check the HarmonyOS 3.1 developer preview features:
- The ability framework adds a stage development model, including stage model life cycle management, scheduling, callback, context acquisition, authentication, and more. At the same time, the operation and management capabilities of the application are enhanced.
- The ArkUI development framework enhances the declarative Canvas/XComponent component capabilities, enhances component layout capabilities and state management capabilities, and optimizes the usability of some components.
- Application package management adds an interface for querying properties related to applications, ability, and ExtensionAbility.
- The common basic class library supports Buffer binary reading and writing.
- Web services add support for document preview and basic editing functions of document-type web applications, as well as cookie management and storage management.
- Added support for YUV, webp image codec, and other capabilities for graphics and images. Added native vsync capabilities, and supports self-drawing engines to independently control the rendering rhythm.
- Added camera configuration and preview functions in Media Services.
- The window service adds window-related interfaces under the Stage model, which enhances the window rotation capability and enhances the avoidance area query capability.
- The globalization service has newly added support for internationalization enhancement capabilities such as time zone lists, transliteration, and phone number attribution.
- The basic capabilities of common events are enhanced, and the commonEvent module is changed to commonEventManager.
- The resource management service adds a synchronization interface for resource acquisition, a new interface for querying resource values based on names, a new interface for querying number and float resource types, and a new way for Stage model resource query.
- Input method service adds input method cursor direction constant.
HarmonyOS 3 expanding for Huawei Watch GT 3 series users
HarmonyOS 3 for Huawei Watch GT 3 series is expanding in the global market. It allows more Watch GT 3 series owners to install the new features and start using them right away.
Last month, Huawei began to release HarmonyOS 3 for Huawei Watch GT 3 Chinese models. Within a few days, the company rolled out this upgrade for the global market. The software update for Huawei Watch GT 3 series brings many new features, which aim to improve the smartwatch.
If you want to download this software, open the Huawei Health app and then tap on the update section to grab new firmware. According to the information, this major upgrade has an OTA package size of 90 megabytes. You should know that the update package transfer may take some time and installation.
Let’s take a look at the latest features.
HarmonyOS 3 for Huawei Watch GT 3 comes with new style watch faces. You can take a photo of your outfit and upload it with your phone to match your outfit and colors.
There’s another interesting watch face called, Kaleidoscope. It enables one to set a personalized watch face with an image from Gallery and make it transform into a kaleidoscopic effect with the crown’s rotation. Also, it has a new arc motion effect when you scroll through the watch face selection list.
Furthermore, the flashlight now has more colors along with a flashlight mode that will help you to access the feature more conveniently.
Quick replies are getting new optimizations, you can now send quick replies to social apps including Line, Viber, and Instagram directly from your smartwatch. This function supports EMUI and Android devices (other than HarmonyOS).
Moreover, the Huawei Watch GT 3 series is getting a new Flashlight and lock screen short switches to the shortcut menu. Lastly, there’s a new “Connect” new phone option in the Bluetooth menu under Settings.
Thank you, Samer for this amazing tip.
Huawei AITO M5 and M5 EV will get HarmonyOS 3
During the Huawei P60 series launch event, Huawei Smart Car Business Cheif, Yu Chengdong announced that all AITO smart car models will get HarmonyOS 3.0 operating system by the end of this month.
HarmonyOS 3 for these AITO M5 cars will bring new features including a super home screen and smart car search. The net recommendation score of Huawei M5 car owners is 86.4%
Huawei also announced that the M5 and M5 EV high-end autonomous driving versions will launch in April, which won’t need high-precision maps. Yu Chengdong said that Huawei should be far ahead in the field of the smart cockpit and smart driving.
HarmonyOS 3.1 launched with brand new lock screen
Today, Huawei launched HarmonyOS 3.1 and Huawei P60 series is the first smartphone to pack this new HarmonyOS operating system with a brand lock screen feature.
Yes, HarmonyOS 3.1 allows users to customize the lock screen with new options and always-on-display features. This version supports 3D dynamic weather widgets, which enable you to easily obtain time, weather, date, notifications, and other information with AOD.
This new HarmonyOS software also has a new software user experience designed for Huawei devices and it also supports new camera optimizations.
HarmonyOS 3.1 launched with an improved security and privacy system. It provides users with full lifecycle security control for background pop-up windows, hidden applications, background task execution, and more.
According to Huawei, the HarmonyOS operating system deleted over 3.6 million malicious applications and 200 million malicious attacks every day. This is a step to ensure that the smartphone remains safe in all conditions.
Additionally, HarmonyOS 3.1 lets you enjoy amazing animations that weren’t part of HarmonyOS 3.0. The addition of these new features takes the entire user experience to the next level. Also, there are minor tweaks that are always ready to be explored.
Aside form Huawei P60 series, Huawei will also roll out this upgrade for more users very soon.