Honor Magic 5 Pro is receiving the January 2024 software update in the global market with a big set of features. On the greener side, the firmware accompanies new improvements for the device system and installs the latest security patch.
Let’s explore the huge changelog in more detail!
Starting with the software version, the Honor Magic 5 Pro global owners can identify the January 2024 update with the MagicOS 18.104.22.168 build number. This firmware is upgraded from 22.214.171.124 and requires the same as the baseline version.
Moving on, the update adds a new torch shortcut and music player to the device for easy access. Besides, the company released time watermarks and an Honor Frame segment for the camera section. You can check these add-ons via Camera > Settings > Watermarks.
Though the main highlight of this changelog is the AI suggestion feature. Honor has integrated smart suggestions into the Control Center for custom editing. The corresponding phone owners can turn it on or off as per their requirements.
Another significant change is that you can separate the phone calls and notification ringtones. Moreover, the firmware optimizes the vibration effect and improves clock and timer alerts, making the relevant operations more efficient.
It is worth mentioning that the update is rolling out gradually among users and may take a few days to cover all the eligible units in the region. Although you can visit the Settings app and look for the latest version to install it manually.
Thanks to the tipster – Tamil G for this amazing tip!
You can check the full changelog below.
- Double-press volume button can now be used to turn on/off Torch when the screen is off
- A music player is added to the device
- Time watermarks and HONOR Frame are added to the Camera. You can go to Camera > Settings > Watermarks to experience the new feature.
- AI Suggestions can now be used to switch on or turn off custom editing
- This update has an optimized button reset feature for custom editing
- This update has added the feature of separating phone calls and notification ringtones
- This update has optimized the vibration effect for notifications in some scenarios
- Improves user experience of Clock and Timer
- This update has optimized the display effect of characters on the swipe-down status bar in Simple mode
- It has improved the system stability, making your device run more stably
- Incorporates January 2024 security patch to enhance system security