F5.5G will bring true 10Gbps internet everywhere: Huawei
As promised, Huawei is launching a variety of new ICT solutions for its partners and industry players, speaking which, the company revealed that F5.5G is enraging towards 10Gbps everywhere.
During the MWC 2023 showcase, Huawei launched various solutions for the ICT industry including Huawei FTTR OptiXstar F30, the first commercial 50G PON. There’s also Huawei OptiX Alps-WDM, solutions designed for all-optical home, ultra-broadband access, and all-optical metro network fields.
Below you can check all of the features of these solutions.
Huawei FTTR OptiXstar F30:
- Aesthetics: Four colors and three installation modes allow it to blend in perfectly with the design of a modern home.
- Speed: Hardware acceleration and algorithm optimization ensure a 2000 Mbps connection throughout the entire house.
- Coverage: Multi-beam smart antennas improve coverage by around 30%.
- Roaming: Huawei’s innovative seamless roaming coordinated network (SRCN) algorithm enables imperceptible roaming in the entire house.
- Concurrency: Multi-device collaboration minimizes Wi-Fi interference and allows up to 128 devices to connect concurrently.
- Service: One-stop premium 5A service capabilities enable operators to deliver premium installation, maintenance, and operation services. Huawei FTTR OptiXstar F30 enables users to enjoy a digital life and helps operators to enhance broadband competitiveness. It has opened up a trillion-dollar market.
Huawei 50G PON:
- It provides high-density symmetrical 50G PON to meet the increasing bandwidth requirements in future campus, industrial interconnection, enterprise, and home scenarios.
- It uses an innovative tapered amplifier and a superlattice reflection structure to increase the optical power budget by around 25% and enable ODN deployment on the live network without re-cabling.
- It integrates GPON, 10G PON, and 50G PON into one port, allowing for service upgrade on demand and minimizing investment costs for operators. As a next-generation PON technology defined by ITU-T, the 50G PON effectively supports 10Gbps Everywhere. Huawei’s innovative 50G PON solution provides a TCO-effective evolution path for operators to upgrade their networks to 10G.
Huawei OptiX Alps-WDM:
- Agile: This capability extends OXC to the network edge and enables one-hop optical connection and flexible grooming on the entire network, improving network connectivity performance and shortening service provisioning time from months to minutes.
- Long-Term: The metro-oriented innovative 100G coherent module helps move 100G OTN to CO, improving bandwidth by 10 times and reducing costs remarkably.
- Pooling: By using the wavelength selective switch (WSS) technology to integrate nine traditional subracks into one module, this architecture allows nine access rings to share 96 wavelengths, significantly improving wavelength efficiency and reducing equipment room footprint.
- Simplified: This capability attaches digital optical labels to wavelengths and uses a centralized management and control unit to achieve automatic planning, construction, and O&M, thereby reducing OPEX.
“From F5G to F5.5G, more than planning the future, we create it. Today, gigabit connectivity is rapidly growing more popular around the world. Looking towards 2025, diversified network requirements will require ubiquitous 10-gigabit connectivity. All industries need to work together to embrace F5.5G and stride to 10Gbps Everywhere. Huawei will join hands with global operators to accelerate network upgrade and the application of new technologies, helping operators continuously expand their business boundaries and seize opportunities with ultimate user experience to lead the future.” said Richard Jin, President of Huawei’s Optical Business Product Line.