Initially launched as Emotion UI, Huawei EMUI is an Android-based custom user interface developed by Huawei for its mobile devices. On the other hand, EMUI’s re-branded version is called Magic UI and comes on Honor smartphones.
Huawei has been using this custom Android user interface since 2012 and soon it’ll unveil the 11th version of the EMUI. There’s a broad history of EMUI, so here you can check the complete bloodline fo the entire EMUI system.
EMOTION UI 1.0:
On December 30, 2012, Huawei introduced the first Huawei Mobile Operating System version, Emotion UI 1.0, which is based on Android 4.0. This version features voice assistant, customizable home screen and users can switch themes according to their preferences.
Huawei Ascend P1 was the first phone to get this software.
On September 4, 2014, Huawei switched the software name from “Emotion UI” to “EMUI” and launched EMUI 3.0 (Android 4.4 and above) along with Huawei Ascend Mate 7 at the pre-IFA event in Berlin.
Since then, this Android-based user interface called EMUI instead of Emotion UI. With this launch, Huawei also introduced its own App Store.
In 2015, Huawei launched EMUI 4.0 on Huawei Mate 8. This OS came with a redesigned interface based on Android 6.
In 2016, Huawei launched EMUI 5.0 with Huawei Mate 9 flagship.
Removed Firmware Images Support:
In 2017, Huawei removed ROM Images from the official website and shifted all users to over-the-air (OTA) updates.
In late 2017, Huawei skipped EMUI version 6.0 and 7.0 and jumped directly to EMUI 8.0 and pre-installed on Huawei Mate 10 series. The EMUI 8.0 is based on Android 8.
In Early 2018, Huawei launched EMUI 8.1 with Huawei P20 series, based on Android 8.1. It brought a new gaming performance feature called GPU Turbo. These new features and user interface changes.
At IFA 2018 event, Huawei introduced EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9. It brings new features such as a gesture navigation system, making the interface more reachable, reorganizing the settings menu, introducing Digital Balance dashboard, GPU Turbo 2.0. Huawei Mate 20 series was the first to come pre-installed with this EMUI version.
In Early 2019, Huawei launched the Huawei P30 series pre-equipped with EMUI 9.1, an update over the existing EMUI 9 but with more added features, such as GPU Turbo 3.0, EROFS file system, OneHope file sharing, Huawei CarKey, Phone Clone, AR Measure, and more.
This EMUI version has also improved the EMUI ecosystem.
On August 9, at Huawei Developer Conference 2019 (HDC 2019) Huawei launched EMUI 10 based on Android 10. With this version, Huawei reinvented the whole user interface and introduced a new Magazine style UI, Morandi color system, Golden Ratio icon, Colorful AOD, Redesigned Camera app layout, New fluid animation effects, and the most popular Dark Mode.
Huawei Mate 30 series was the first smartphones to come pre-installed with EMUI 10.0 but Huawei had already started EMUI 10.0 beta testing with the Huawei P30 series ahead of Mate 30 launching.
In early 2020, Huawei launched the Huawei P40 series with EMUI 10.1. This EMUI version has MeeTime calling, Multi-screen collaboration, Huawei share, Cast+ wireless projection, Sound Booster, Cross-Device Photo gallery, Celia Voice assistant, New Themes, Multi-Window Multi-Tasking, more improved security.
In April 2020, Huawei announced EMUI 10.1 beta program for Huawei P30 and Mate 30 devices, which later expanded to even more Huawei smartphones.
On September 10, 2020, Huawei announced EMUI 11, the version is based on Android 10 but the company said it’ll take some of the features from Android 11.
Initially, Huawei started EMUI 11 beta for Huawei P40, Mate 30, MatePad Pro series in China but the company has rushed ahead and opened the beta program for global customers.
Check the complete EMUI 11 round-up here.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro receives November 2022 update [Global]
Huawei is releasing the November 2022 security patch with a new EMUI software update for the Mate 40 Pro smartphone users. The fresh improvement patch aims to enhance the security system with useful fixes and optimizations.
In exception, the update is a little late for the corresponding devices. Generally, the company begins its update distribution with the flagship phones including the Mate 40 series.
However, the delay didn’t make any huge changes in the November 2022 update benefits. Eventually, users will get a productive and secured device framework after installing the latest EMUI firmware.
Accordingly, Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting November 2022 update with EMUI 188.8.131.520 version. To install the new firmware, users need a storage space of 280 Megabytes on their Mate 40 Pro smartphones.
Currently, the update is appearing in the global markets. But as usual, the company will gradually push out the iteration to other regions.
How to install the latest update:
The latest update is making its way through the OTA method. However, you can sneak into the update section of your device to install the new firmware manually.
- Open the Settings app
- Swipe up and select System & Updates
- Tap on Software Updates
- Click on the CHECK FOR UPDATES option
- Install the new update
On the sideways, you can also request the My Huawei App to bring the latest firmware instantly to your hands.
Huawei Mate 40 – back on sale!
Yes, the Huawei Mate 40 series is once again available on the sale platform. So far, the company has removed the respective phones from its official website. Yet, users can still have the chance to purchase dynamic devices.
But here is the twist! Huawei Mate 40 models are shelved in third-party online shopping channels. Thus, you will not find the devices on the official surface. Alongside Mate 40 lineup, the Mate X2 foldable is also aligned at third-party stores.
|| Source ||
Huawei P50 Pro is getting EMUI 184.108.40.2066 in Europe
According to the Huaweiblog, Huawei P50 Pro is getting EMUI 220.127.116.116 in Europe, which brings the latest patches for improved system security.
Huawei P50 Pro users in Europe could download the new software update via Settings > System & updates > tap on Software updates > then tap CHECK FOR UPDATES. However, the update may take a few days to expand to all models.
Huawei P50 Pro is a flagship device and it brings a lot of new features, especially for camera enthusiasts. Meanwhile, Huawei is continuously improving its smartphone with new firmware updates.
Huawei EMUI November 2022 Updates List
Meanwhile, we also noted that the release of the October 2022 security patch for flaghip phones – P50 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, and P40 Pro is still in the air. As these phone users continue to ramp up reports on the receiving.
Still, we don’t have a clue about EMUI 13, yes, Huawei has not released a roadmap or testing details on this upcoming EMUI version. On the other hand, fans are waiting eagerly to get their hands on the next EMUI version.
As revealed in the listing, EMUI 13 comes with new features and optimizations over EMUI 12. This version has brand-new service widgets, and an improved large folder system with more layouts. Huawei has also increased safety with new security and privacy center.
Amid this software-related stuff, we also noticed that Huawei is expanding the reach of the Mate 50 series in different countries. To be mentioned, Mate 50 lineup is the first to pre-pack with EMUI 13 software. Yet, a rollout for old devices is what everyone is looking at.
Furthermore, Huawei Nova Y61 also marked the debut for global consumers. It features a 50MP triple AI-powered camera system and comes with a 22.5W super fast charger, 5000mAh battery, and EMUI 12 software.
Aside from all of the action-packed sequences, this article will give you updates on each Huawei EMUI firmware rollout happening in the month of November 2022. Check them below.
November 26, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 smartphone is getting November 2022 EMUI security patch that installs various new improvements for the system.
November 25, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone in the global market installing November 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 18.104.22.1680.
- Huawei Nova Y70 smartphone is receiving November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI 22.214.171.124 build version.
- Huawei P50 Pro is receiving November 2022 security update with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.1996. However, users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users with EMUI 12 are receiving November 2022 security update. The phone is getting this new firmware with version 188.8.131.52.
November 24, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Lite is getting a new software update with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.206 and patches to improve the phone’s security.
November 21, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out VOTE and VoWiFi HD feature for some flagship including Huawei P40 Series, Mate 40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro global models running EMUI 12 software.
- Huawei P40 Pro global units are getting November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI version 220.127.116.110.
November 15, 2022:
- In some markets, Huawei Mate 50 Pro users are reported of upgrading over HarmonyOS 3 from EMUI 13. Read more.
November 10, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite is getting October 2022 security update in Europe that comes with EMUI 18.104.22.168. However, the update doesn’t include any additional changes.
- Huawei is sending a new software patch for Nova 9 SE smartphone that installs important system improvement patches for the users.
November 8, 2022:
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users are getting EMUI 12 in more countries
November 2, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs 2 and P50 Pro smartphones are getting October 2022 patches with EMUI 12 version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 respectively. These two software rollouts are important to improve the phone’s security.
November 1, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is one of the last smartphones to get the October 2022 EMUI security patch in November, yet it’s important that the phone is still getting a new software update, as it runs on EMUI 12.
- Huawei P40 Pro is one of the most remarkable smartphones in the industry and it has been served October 2022 security patch with EMUI 188.8.131.526 version.