The new app safety features bring you a security check for all of installing and running an app on your EMUI 12 smartphone. It’s enabled by default and scans each app using AppGallery.
To keep your smartphone safe, the feature makes a stronghold on your phone’s app installation section. You will receive a security notification, whenever you download and install an app from external sources, such as a browser.
There are various checks and actions this invisible app guard will trigger during app installations including the followings:
- If the app has passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it.
- If the app has not passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection and may feature unknown risks, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it, after acknowledging the risks.
- If an app is determined to be virus-laden or risky, it means that the app features unacceptable risks. If you would still like to install the app, the app will be added to the App security center by default. When you use the app, certain risky behaviors will be restricted.
- If a high-risk app is detected, App Guard will prevent the app from being.
- If you wish to strengthen the level of protection, you can enable Enhanced protection. Once enabled, you’ll only be able to install apps on your phone that have passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection.
- Apps that have been inspected Apps that have not been inspected by Huawei AppGallery are prevented from being installed.
- If you installed an app that had not been inspected before enabling Enhanced protection, your phone will inspect the app after Enhanced protection is enabled.
- If the app is determined to have a virus or is risky (fraud, malicious behavior, privacy issues, and more), it will not be able to run, and you will be reminded to uninstall it.