Do you know that Huawei EMUI 12 comes with app security feature?
Huawei phones come with a lot of applications and there are some malicious apps that could compromise user experience. However, there’s also an EMUI 12 feature that provides better app security.
The new app safety features bring you a security check for all of installing and running an app on your EMUI 12 smartphone. It’s enabled by default and scans each app using AppGallery.
To keep your smartphone safe, the feature makes a stronghold on your phone’s app installation section. You will receive a security notification, whenever you download and install an app from external sources, such as a browser.
There are various checks and actions this invisible app guard will trigger during app installations including the followings:
- If the app has passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it.
- If the app has not passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection and may feature unknown risks, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it, after acknowledging the risks.
- If an app is determined to be virus-laden or risky, it means that the app features unacceptable risks. If you would still like to install the app, the app will be added to the App security center by default. When you use the app, certain risky behaviors will be restricted.
- If a high-risk app is detected, App Guard will prevent the app from being.
- If you wish to strengthen the level of protection, you can enable Enhanced protection. Once enabled, you’ll only be able to install apps on your phone that have passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection.
- Apps that have been inspected Apps that have not been inspected by Huawei AppGallery are prevented from being installed.
- If you installed an app that had not been inspected before enabling Enhanced protection, your phone will inspect the app after Enhanced protection is enabled.
- If the app is determined to have a virus or is risky (fraud, malicious behavior, privacy issues, and more), it will not be able to run, and you will be reminded to uninstall it.
Huawei Nova Y70 gets March 2023 EMUI update
Huawei Nova Y70 is getting a March 2023 software update in the global market that comes with EMUI version 184.108.40.206 and the patch is out with 244 megabytes of OTA package size.
Huawei Nova Y70 is running EMUI 12 software update and the company is working on the next major software upgrade for the smartphone. However, there’s no confirmation available about the EMUI 13 beta for this device.
Huawei is sending this upgrade of the smartphone gradually and it improves the phone’s security against threats.
Users of Huawei Nova Y70 can download the March 2023 software update with the OTA notifications. However, you can switch to the manual method to download the update immediately, in just a few simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Select System & Updates
- Tap on the Software Updates option
- Click on CHECK FOR UPDATES
- Let the device search for the new updates
- Tap the Download and Install
Huawei is yet to share EMUI 13 roadmap
EMUI 13 beta kicked off for global users and it’s quite exciting but the roadmap of eligible Huawei devices is still awaited. While there’s no official news available on this matter.
In 2021, Huawei released EMUI 12 roadmap during the Asia pacific launch event but this year, there are no such plans revealed. Instead of the roadmap, Huawei opened the EMUI 13 beta for all Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phones.
Unfortunately, the program is open for the Asia region but more users want to join the beta activity. Especially the European models are waiting for term to dive into the testing pool.
Despite the delay, we hope that the oldest set of devices may also get a slot into this EMUI 13 release program.
In the meantime, if you have a flagship phone, tune into the Beta app. From here open the “Me” section and then search for a new EMUI 13 beta project.
You need to sign up for the beta application and wait for the submission. Once submitted, you will be notified to download the OTA update package.
If the activity is not available on your phone, don’t worry, you will see the project after the beta opens in your country. Yet, we also suggest you keep an eye on the Beta application.
EMUI 13 Features:
EMUI 13 focuses on reinventing EMUI 12, this includes better security and privacy. This new software can review all of the data safety measures thanks to the new privacy center.
It has new options to allow or revoke permission, check the timeline for all of the user permission, and so on. You can also set new image privacy to hide the image meta information.
EMUI 13 also plays well around the user interface and there are many improvements made to features such as large folders and service widgets.
EMUI 220.127.116.11 rolling for Huawei Mate 50 Pro
Huawei is rolling out EMUI 18.104.22.168 for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone in the global market. This update is packed with lots of new features, optimizations, and improvements for this flagship phone.
According to the information, EMUI 22.214.171.124 for Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with new network improvements for certain situations. It has improvements in camera quality.
There are also new optimizations made for the audio quality of calls and games. On the flip side, the app has its own improvements for a better user experience.
Furthermore, Huawei has arranged new system stability optimizations that provide a performance boost for your smartphone.
According to the inputs, this upgrade integrates February 2023 security patch for the phone.
This is a big changelog for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and the company is sending this to improve the phone’s performance in various scenarios. Also, if you have a Mate 50 Pro device, we suggest you get this version right away as soon as it appears.
The Mate 50 Pro is the first phone among all of the Huawei smartphones to get EMUI 13 but actually, it comes pre-installed. Since its launch, old phone users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
Recently, Huawei opened the beta program for a few flagships – P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phone. You should know that the latest EMUI 13 beta activity has limited slots and it’s available only for a region.
This new Huawei Mate 50 Pro update was released last week for global consumers and rolling out in batches. If your Mate 50 Pro has not received this firmware, make sure you get it via System settings.
(source – Huaweiblog)