The new app safety features bring you a security check for all of installing and running an app on your EMUI 12 smartphone. It’s enabled by default and scans each app using AppGallery.
To keep your smartphone safe, the feature makes a stronghold on your phone’s app installation section. You will receive a security notification, whenever you download and install an app from external sources, such as a browser.
There are various checks and actions this invisible app guard will trigger during app installations including the followings:
- If the app has passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it.
- If the app has not passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection and may feature unknown risks, you’ll need to enter the lock screen password to install it, after acknowledging the risks.
- If an app is determined to be virus-laden or risky, it means that the app features unacceptable risks. If you would still like to install the app, the app will be added to the App security center by default. When you use the app, certain risky behaviors will be restricted.
- If a high-risk app is detected, App Guard will prevent the app from being.
- If you wish to strengthen the level of protection, you can enable Enhanced protection. Once enabled, you’ll only be able to install apps on your phone that have passed the Huawei AppGallery security inspection.
- Apps that have been inspected Apps that have not been inspected by Huawei AppGallery are prevented from being installed.
- If you installed an app that had not been inspected before enabling Enhanced protection, your phone will inspect the app after Enhanced protection is enabled.
- If the app is determined to have a virus or is risky (fraud, malicious behavior, privacy issues, and more), it will not be able to run, and you will be reminded to uninstall it.
Huawei P40 Lite upgraded with EMUI 22.214.171.1247
Huawei P40 Lite is getting the EMUI 126.96.36.1997 build version with November 2022 security patch. Therefore, it improves the phone’s capability to fight against potential software threats.
As the version reflects, the phone currently runs EMUI 12 software and it was upgraded from EMUI 10.0. Hence, we suggest anyone grab the latest firmware as it appears in the update section.
On the other hand, fans are also waiting for EMUI 13 but the company has not revealed a roadmap to upgrade smartphones. Also, there’s no clue for Huawei P40 Lite making its way to EMUI 13 schedule.
How to update:
You can download the new version by opening the Settings menu, and from there tap on System & updates. Now you need to open Software updates and then CHECK FOR UPDATES.
However, the importance of the P40 Lite doesn’t conclude here because the phone is still performing well among consumers. Thanks to the specs, which include a Kirin 810 chipset, and 6GB+128GB memory version.
Huawei P40 Lite features a 6.4-inch screen with FHD+ resolution (2310 x 1080 pixels). There are quad cameras 48MP + 8MP + 2MP and 2MP.
The flip side of the phone will get you a hole punch display to house a 16MP selfie camera. Furthermore, it’ll fetch a 4200mAh battery that could recharge fast with a 40W super fast charger.
November 2022 update for Huawei Nova 9 SE expanding
Huawei is releasing the November 2022 security update for the Nova 9 SE smartphones in the global market. After the initial rollout in the Middle East, the company has started dispatching the latest Nova 9 SE update in more regions.
Meanwhile, we have entered a new month and Huawei will soon bring a fresh security patch for its eligible devices. These regular updates are meant to enhance the overall stability of your gadget and provide a new life to it.
Coming back to the new update, Huawei Nova 9 SE global users can identify the November 2022 security patch with the EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version. Further, the update comes along with a software package of 335 Megabytes.
You can install the latest firmware from the update section of your smartphone. Go to Settings > System & Updates followed by Software Updates. Keep following the on-screen prompts till you come across the latest build for your device.
On the side hand, you can also search the new updates in the My Huawei App. From the home page, tap on the Updates option and let the app bring you fresh and suitable firmware.
Huawei Health App in a new avatar!
Yes! your Huawei Health application is getting a new change in terms of the logo. Instead of the traditional heart with a wavy line, now you will get a bold and classy look from the Huawei Health app icon.
Not just from the outside, but the app gets new optimizations to the internal system as well. Consequently, with the new version, you will experience a better user interface, stable performance, and a more comprehensive app on your smartphone.
To check more new changes and improvements, you can update your app from the Huawei AppGallery. Alongside the app, we will also recommend you install the latest November 2022 update to give an overall boost to your Nova 9 SE handset.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 foldable getting November 2022 EMUI update
In terms of the offering, the update has packed some useful fixes and improvements for the device’s security system. As a result, users will experience a more reliable and responsive system after feeding the new firmware to their handsets.
Interestingly, this is the second security update for the Huawei Mate Xs 2 folding phones within a month. With the onset of this month, the corresponding device owners received the October 2022 security patch.
However, users were expecting the latest firmware update for the flagship model. As of now, the wait is over and Huawei Mate Xs 2 can install the November 2022 update with the EMUI 184.108.40.206 version along with a 371MB package.
The update is appearing via OTA medium in the global region. In the meantime, you can sneak into the Settings menu to grab the latest build manually.
- Go to the Settings app
- Swipe up and select System & Updates option
- Select Software Updates
- Tap on the CHECK FOR UPDATES option
- Let the device search for the new firmware
- Click on Download and Install tab
Before proceeding, make sure that you have a sufficient amount of storage and battery level to conduct the installation. Also, take a backup of your important data to prevent any kind of loss.
Huawei Mate X3 coming soon!
Huawei never misses a chance to surprise its users with unique and interesting gadgets. In the latest development, we heard about the Huawei Mate X3 folding phone that could make an official debut in January, next year.
No doubt, the device will bring some amazing tugs and tweaks on board. While there is some time to get the first look at the upcoming foldable, you can get slight details from the link given below.
|| Source ||