On July 13th, 2021 Huawei User Conference was inaugurated in Shenzhen, China. At the event the executive director and president of operator BG Huawei – Ding Yun gave a speech, themed “Digital Innovation, Light Up the New Digital Economy“.
To be mentioned, Huawei has been conducting the Huawei User Conference for the last 13 years. The event for 2021 will be concluded on 14th July.
During his speech, he talks about the aspects that are becoming the basic need or foundation of the digital economy at present. He said that the digital economy the key technology to fight against environmental changes and the only way to improve digital flexibility.
Moving ahead he also points out the six key characteristics of ICT and digital intelligence transformation that are mentioned below:
- Digital capabilities based on platforms and data
- Intelligence based on autonomous networks
- Agility to meet self-development
- Coordination of organizations and processes
- High efficiency of network operation and maintenance and service deliver
- Green capabilities for energy conservation and environmental protection
Furthermore, Huawei always works in the direction to help ICT companies to bring digital transformation and set up a new intelligent scenario. The company initiated digitalization to bring innovation in various elements that include the following:
- Digital network innovation
- Digital technology innovation
- Digital business innovation
- Digital talent innovation
Huawei executive informed that the company has concluded more than 100 benchmark projects to bring the digital and intelligent transformation of thousands of industries.
Furthermore, the Huawei User Conference provides users a platform where they can share their ideas and opinions to the improvement of quality and continuous creation of value for customers.
In this line, the company composed a consulting commission that included 12 customers and 440+ paired customers that have solved about 60 top problems jointly with Huawei to bring service improvements.
Here’s why Huawei software updates rollout in batches
Have you ever thought about the fact that ‘Why you may get software updates later than others in your Huawei smartphone? However, with the arrival of HarmonyOS, Huawei has sped up the entire rollout procedure, yet Android-based EMUI is still applicable for the phased rollout process.
Before getting to the answer, let me be very clear that obtaining an update late does not indicate Huawei is treating older devices unfairly. Huawei does in fact launch software updates in batches, according to regions and model compatibility.
Notably, there are some considerable reasons that Huawei should focus on before dispatching any software updates for the devices. Also by the end of the article, you might definitely think to receive the updates late or last.
Below you can check some reasons why Huawei releases software updates in batches instead of rolling out in a bundle:
- Huawei releases updates gradually, before it spreads and becomes widely used, a bug in an update can be reported to Huawei by the end user. Huawei made a wise decision in ensuring that you won’t receive faulty software.
- There are numerous devices available, and every individual is ready to update. A server crash could result from too many users upgrading at once, which could also delay or halt other services. Huawei allows some devices to upgrade before allowing another batch from release in order to prevent this.
- Since every device is unique, Huawei must develop an update specifically for your device in order to optimize it, ensure proper interface, and ensure smooth operation. It can prolong the period until getting the updates.
Huawei device carriers:
- Before verifying the update on devices, your carrier might want to test it to ensure maximum use cases. The testing of the update by some carriers may take a long time, making this phase often the longest. Even if your device is unlocked, this scenario may still apply.
- Some regions may receive additional content from EMUI that they require to regulate laws or stand out. If you live in such regions, there may be an additional delay because Huawei often needs to make a new copy for that region. Long wait times may be the outcome of this.
Alongside, there is the International Mobile Equipment Identity of your device, if your IMEI is in the batch, then you get the update, if you aren’t in the batch, then you need to wait for the next batch. This also might be the reason you get the update right when it’s out and other times it takes a week or more than that.
All of the phones come with different update cyles and Huawei phones receive these rollouts in two timelines:
Flagship devices get more updates than budget devices as they are eligible to get better software treatment than usual.
Huawei Petal Search AI recommendations let you hunt desired home decorations
Are you searching for the right item to decorate your home, but not getting an exact match? Well, if you are a Huawei Nova 10 user then you do not need to worry about it. Its high-end features and application allow you to easily search for whatever you’re looking for. But how?
Simply, open the Huawei Petal Search application on your Huawei Nova 10 smartphone, then it brings you AI recommendations for all your queries and more. Huawei Patel Search gives you a free and creative search experience beyond words.
If you’re looking for your dream furniture and despite your best efforts, you cannot find it on the market. Here the Petal Search makes it easy for you.
- Just search the objects on the Petal Search Al recommendation
- And then Search for pairing ideas
- It will show you the matching results of your objects
However, Huawei recently added this feature for Huawei Nova 10 users, so if you have it then uses it for a creative search experience beyond words. This feature is exactly the same as the Android Google Lens application.
— Huawei Mobile Services (@HMS_GlobalPage) September 19, 2022
Google Lens also help Android users to let them search for a particular object or image and show the best matching results. Currently, this AI recommendations feature of Petal Search is spotted for the Huawei Nova 10 users.
And it is expected that Huawei may soon release it for the other Huawei devices. As this feature is really helpful for the users and lets them search for their dream object simply through the Patal Search application.
This particular step of Huawei shows their dedication to giving their users better than best experience. As this search object feature through images is already in use by Android and Apple users. Alongside this, this makes Huawei smartphones closer to competing with Android and Apple devices in the global market.
HarmonyOS vs Android: Which one is good?
Huawei is an independent brand in the market in terms of operating systems, camera technology, and more. On the other hand, Android holds the crown of the affordable smartphone brand around the globe. But what if we compare both brands with each other to mate the result of ‘who’s more user friendly Huawei or Android?
Well, both brands attempting their best to provide better user satisfaction and experience. But here we compare Huawei and Android to know who is faster to roll out updates, has better security, and installs new features, and last but not least their latest running projects.
To be mentioned, the comparison has been done between Android and HarmonyOS.
In order to compete with Apple and Samsung, Huawei has set its sights on China by topping the market. On the other hand, the company slowed the growth of iPhones to become the third largest smartphone manufacturer in the world last year.
After the US ban, Huawei’s market share dropped and the only option users have is Android. The Chinese tech maker was known as the second-highest smartphone brand before that incident. But the firm built HarmonyOS operating system and it seems to get back on track.
Because, Android is not providing high-end security to users, as a result, Android phones can be hacked easily. Notably, if users switch to Hauwei from Android then they never miss their old worth phone.
As Huawei offers optimized performance and offers really good and users friendly features that will not available on Android devices. But it completely not meant that Android is bad, NO! Android is still more affordable than Huawei and could be found anywhere around the globe.
Look at these points:
- Store and protect your data
- Reliable and secure cloud storage
- Huawei and Android both give good user-friendly interfaces and settings
- Huawei phones won’t give you Google App and services
Well, in terms of update rollout, no buddy can compete with Samsung. It releases the monthly security update before starting the respective month and doesn’t care about the Google security update detail.
On the other, Huawei is the slowest in terms of update rollout. But wait! to release an update in hurry with a lot of bugs might be better than getting a late but buggy-free update. And that’s exactly what Huawei does.
Alongside, Android releases only one security update for the devices. On the other hand, Huawei proved monthly security updates alongside the optimization update for Huawei users.
Huawei and Android’s latest projects:
Additionally, HarmonyOS 3 is not released for all the Huawei devices, and per the term, it rolling out in batches, and currently, only 2 batches are getting the test of HarmonyOS 3.
However, Huawei will rollout this new HarmonyOS version to a lot of devices, while, Google has only a few pixel devices to cover. On the other hand, it will be shared with other OEMs that base their software on Android.
If you wanna know more about HarmonyOS 3 features then you can check here (HarmonyOS 3.0 Features Leaked: Android 12 compatible, improvements, optimizations, and more).