December 2022 Google Play System update brings new changes to digital driver’s license
It’s December 2022, and Google is rolling out a new Play System update with a huge changelog and interesting features. Besides, the company has also added some reflective optimizations to improve the overall user experience.
In addition, the December 2022 Google Play System update brings a new beta feature for the Google Wallet. Eventually, this change is something that will enrich smart car-related operations for consumers.
As per the latest info, the latest Google Wallet beta feature will allow users to access digital driver’s licenses. In other words, you can keep your ID or license card safely on your Android devices under the Wallet application.
The purpose of this feature is to offer a digital and more secure experience to users with their ID and other informative cards. As of now, the feature is only rolling to some selected states in the US. But we could find more regions attaining this feature in the time ahead.
Although the changelog doesn’t read much information on this subject for the moment. Yet, we will inform you of the latest reports as soon as Google will hint at something on this matter.
Aside from the unique element, Google has optimized the device connectivity scenario, added new features to the Play Store, and made the system management more convenient to operate. You can have a detailed look at these features, below.
December 2022 Google Play System update – Changelog
- [Auto, Phone, TV] Bug fixes for Account Management, Security, and Updatability-related services.
Device Connectivity: Phone
- Update Case-related settings
- Reduce delays in discovering contacts via Nearby Share
- Inform the user when casting to a Tablet device needing user interaction
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the Apps and Games you love
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility
- Beta feature to allow users from selected US states to digitize their state ID/driver’s license into the Google Wallet for convenient, private, and secure presentation
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and stability.
To enjoy these new pinches on your Android phone, you must have the latest version of the Google Play services (v48.22) and Google Play Store (v33.2) on your device.