Huawei has released December 2021 security patch details for the EMUI software system that brings new security patches. On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker has also begun to deliver EMUI 12 beta updates in the global market.
Currently, Huawei is sending October and November 2021 security patches for its smartphones and tablets running EMUI software but the company is running behind the schedule to deliver the latest EMUI versions. Meanwhile, the HarmonyOS operation system has moved ahead and planning to conclude testing on all of the devices by early 2022.
Although, it’s still November but for the past few months, the company has started to release security details ahead of time. Thus, there was no such hurry that has been seen in the rollout so far.
December 2021 EMUI security:
In the meantime, we’re here to explore the latest details of December 2021 EMUI security details. So, let’s get into it.
The latest patch details reveal that Huawei has fixed different aspects of the software system that will rollout with upcoming software updates. However, there are also some issues that are patched and found in previous builds.
Before, we begin you should know that Common Vulnerabilities Exposures is mentioned as CVE, which represents the threats and exploration of your phones’ potential data leak.
The latest patch brings fixes to 2 critical, 15 high, and a massive 38 number of CVE in medium level. To be mentioned, the security patches also include 2 vulnerabilities from November 2021.
- Critical: CVE-2021-0802, CVE-2021-0930
- High: CVE-2021-0845, CVE-2021-0748, CVE-2021-0862, CVE-2020-13871, CVE-2021-0434, CVE-2021-0650, CVE-2021-0653, CVE-2021-0926, CVE-2021-0928, CVE-2021-0931, CVE-2021-0932, CVE-2021-0933, CVE-2021-0920, CVE-2021-1048, CVE-2021-0927
- Medium: CVE-2021-0839, CVE-2021-0848, CVE-2021-0758, CVE-2021-0773, CVE-2021-0787, CVE-2021-0793, CVE-2021-0814, CVE-2021-0767, CVE-2021-0853, CVE-2021-0831, CVE-2021-0790, CVE-2021-0786, CVE-2021-0783, CVE-2021-0771, CVE-2021-0719, CVE-2021-0729, CVE-2021-0733, CVE-2021-0741, CVE-2021-0751, CVE-2021-0754, CVE-2021-0760, CVE-2021-0740, CVE-2021-0812, CVE-2021-0818, CVE-2021-0842, CVE-2021-0837, CVE-2021-0829, CVE-2021-0809, CVE-2021-0810, CVE-2021-0811, CVE-2021-0776, CVE-2021-0817, CVE-2021-0819, CVE-2021-0919, CVE-2021-0922, CVE-2021-30265, CVE-2021-30263, CVE-2018-25015
This time, Huawei has also mentioned CVEs that have been adopted for third-party libraries, which has not been done before. These have 7 high levels and 22 medium levels of threats fixes.
- High: CVE-2021-40490, CVE-2013-0894, CVE-2021-32399, CVE-2020-22025, CVE-2020-22037, CVE-2020-22026, CVE-2020-17541
- Medium: CVE-2021-3753, CVE-2020-10135, CVE-2021-3635, CVE-2021-3566, CVE-2020-22056, CVE-2020-22043, CVE-2020-22039, CVE-2020-22028, CVE-2020-22044, CVE-2020-22020, CVE-2020-22051, CVE-2020-22049, CVE-2020-22040, CVE-2020-22019, CVE-2020-22038, CVE-2020-22046, CVE-2019-17539, CVE-2020-14314, CVE-2020-25641, CVE-2020-35508, CVE-2020-12352, CVE-2019-20934