Huawei has released December 2021 security patch details for the EMUI software system that brings new security patches. On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker has also begun to deliver EMUI 12 beta updates in the global market.
Currently, Huawei is sending October and November 2021 security patches for its smartphones and tablets running EMUI software but the company is running behind the schedule to deliver the latest EMUI versions. Meanwhile, the HarmonyOS operation system has moved ahead and planning to conclude testing on all of the devices by early 2022.
Although, it’s still November but for the past few months, the company has started to release security details ahead of time. Thus, there was no such hurry that has been seen in the rollout so far.
December 2021 EMUI security:
In the meantime, we’re here to explore the latest details of December 2021 EMUI security details. So, let’s get into it.
The latest patch details reveal that Huawei has fixed different aspects of the software system that will rollout with upcoming software updates. However, there are also some issues that are patched and found in previous builds.
Before, we begin you should know that Common Vulnerabilities Exposures is mentioned as CVE, which represents the threats and exploration of your phones’ potential data leak.
The latest patch brings fixes to 2 critical, 15 high, and a massive 38 number of CVE in medium level. To be mentioned, the security patches also include 2 vulnerabilities from November 2021.
- Critical: CVE-2021-0802, CVE-2021-0930
- High: CVE-2021-0845, CVE-2021-0748, CVE-2021-0862, CVE-2020-13871, CVE-2021-0434, CVE-2021-0650, CVE-2021-0653, CVE-2021-0926, CVE-2021-0928, CVE-2021-0931, CVE-2021-0932, CVE-2021-0933, CVE-2021-0920, CVE-2021-1048, CVE-2021-0927
- Medium: CVE-2021-0839, CVE-2021-0848, CVE-2021-0758, CVE-2021-0773, CVE-2021-0787, CVE-2021-0793, CVE-2021-0814, CVE-2021-0767, CVE-2021-0853, CVE-2021-0831, CVE-2021-0790, CVE-2021-0786, CVE-2021-0783, CVE-2021-0771, CVE-2021-0719, CVE-2021-0729, CVE-2021-0733, CVE-2021-0741, CVE-2021-0751, CVE-2021-0754, CVE-2021-0760, CVE-2021-0740, CVE-2021-0812, CVE-2021-0818, CVE-2021-0842, CVE-2021-0837, CVE-2021-0829, CVE-2021-0809, CVE-2021-0810, CVE-2021-0811, CVE-2021-0776, CVE-2021-0817, CVE-2021-0819, CVE-2021-0919, CVE-2021-0922, CVE-2021-30265, CVE-2021-30263, CVE-2018-25015
This time, Huawei has also mentioned CVEs that have been adopted for third-party libraries, which has not been done before. These have 7 high levels and 22 medium levels of threats fixes.
- High: CVE-2021-40490, CVE-2013-0894, CVE-2021-32399, CVE-2020-22025, CVE-2020-22037, CVE-2020-22026, CVE-2020-17541
- Medium: CVE-2021-3753, CVE-2020-10135, CVE-2021-3635, CVE-2021-3566, CVE-2020-22056, CVE-2020-22043, CVE-2020-22039, CVE-2020-22028, CVE-2020-22044, CVE-2020-22020, CVE-2020-22051, CVE-2020-22049, CVE-2020-22040, CVE-2020-22019, CVE-2020-22038, CVE-2020-22046, CVE-2019-17539, CVE-2020-14314, CVE-2020-25641, CVE-2020-35508, CVE-2020-12352, CVE-2019-20934
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 update changelog
Huawei global consumers are waiting for their turn to test the brand new EMUI 12 software. Meanwhile, Huawei has begun the EMUI 12 beta testing program for popular smartphones including flagship devices.
In terms of popularity, the first choice is Huawei Nova 5T alongside flagships smartphones. Last November, Huawei confirmes the Nova 5T eligibility for EMUI 12 software system. Since then, Huawei Nova 5T is under EMUI 12 beta testing and receiving beta build via OTA update.
One thing to be noted, Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 beta is only available to users, who have participated in EMUI 12 beta testing through the Huawei Beta app. Meanwhile, the corresponding device users have to wait a bit longer to install the EMUI 12.
Coming to Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 changelog, brings features that will provide you with a new user experience thanks to the environment that is inspired by HarmonyOS operating system. The set of offerings consists of a fresh user interface that has a separate notification and control panel as well as functionalities such as new fonts.
More interestingly, EMUI 12 also has a multi-device file management system, Huawei Share as well as a cooperative authentication function between smartphones and laptops. To know more about the EMUI 12 beta features, check the full changelog below and explore the details.
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 Changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops
Have you received stable EMUI 12 on Huawei Mate 30 Pro?
Hey Huawei users! EMUI 12 stable rollout has finally started in the global market for flagship smartphones. Are you excited to grab it? Well, the company has released the stable EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone users.
Currently, the EMUI 12 major software update is in the initial stage of the rollout. So, it may take some to cover all the Huawei Mate 30 Pro devices in the global market. To be mentioned, stable EMUI 12 launched with a package size of around 1GB, so maintain sufficient storage before upgrading.
Speaking about the Huawei Mate 30 Pro, it belongs to the first of Huawei that launched with 5G capabilities. Not only this, but Huawei Mate 30 series was also the first to equip with Huawei Mobile Service (HMS) instead of Google Mobile Service (GMS).
In terms of software, Huawei Mate 30 Pro initially unveiled factory packed with EMUI 10 based on Android 10 and followed by EMUI 10.1 as well as EMUI 11 software versions. Now, Huawei Mate 30 Pro owner it’s time to enjoy EMUI 12 software version and its brand new features.
The EMUI 12 comes with a new user interface design that applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements, flexible fonts, smart folders for easier access, a notification panel, and a control panel for a better user experience.
In addition, it has a cooperative authentication function between smartphones and laptops, brings support to multi-device file management as well as improves the file transfer speed via Huawei Share and more.
So, Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone owners have you received a stable EMUI 12 software update? Please, let us know your answer via the Twitter poll linked below and also leave your thoughts in the comment section.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro Users! Have you installed EMUI 12?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) January 15, 2022
Huawei EMUI January 2022 Updates List
We’re officially in a new year and Huawei is about to release the latest January 2022 EMUI security patch details for its devices that protect them against threats and vulnerabilities. Throughout January 2022, Huawei will deliver several EMUI software updates.
New software update always arrives with numerous changes made to the system including optimizations, security improvements, feature addition, and more. The regular EMUI update rollout enhances the overall device performance and provides better security to the device.
Aside from this, the Chinese tech maker has also started EMUI 12 beta in the global market. This new version of EMUI is launched with brand new UI, latest features, and improvements that provide a next-level user experience similar to HarmonyOS.
Currently, the EMUI 12 beta testing is started for flagships smartphones belonging to P40, Mate 40, and Mate 30 series. However, the company has also begun the rollout of the EMUI 12 beta update for the registered beta testers.
However, a major update doesn’t affect the regular software update release of Huawei devices. So, in this update archive, you will get all insights of all types of EMUI updates released in the month of January 2022 for Huawei devices.
Huawei EMUI January 2022 Updates:
January 13, 2022:
- Wow, Huawei Enjoy 9 with EMUI 8.2 getting July 2021 update [4 year old] that comes with EMUI 8.2 version 22.214.171.124/209. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite E December 2021 update arrives with an upgraded EMUI version 10.1.0.224 (C432E2R1P1). Read more
- Huawei has kicked off a new EMUI software update for the Huawei Nova 8i smartphone that prioritizes the installation of the November 2021 security patch. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei has kicked off a new EMUI software update for Huawei P30 Lite New Edition that EMUI version 10.1.0.388 with a software package size of 258MB. Read more
January 7, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is receiving December 2021 security update with EMUI version 10.1.0.338 and update OTA package size of 258 megabytes. This software update improves the overall quality of the device and enhances its security.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 is receiving major software update that brings new features for the consumers in the UK.
January 3, 2022:
- Huawei MatePad T8 smartphone running on EMUI 10.1 is receiving December 2021 security update for improved system security. Read more