Today, Google has released a new minor update to the ongoing development of Android 11 and Android 11 Developer Preview with the Developer Preview 2.1.
In this Developer Preview, Google has added fixes for general features and apps (via 9to5Google).
Android 11 Developer Preview 2.1 changes and fixes linked below.
- Fixed an issue where a crash would occur when long pressing to select an element within the recent apps overview.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar could crash in the background if its components weren’t all initialized yet.
- Fixed an issue where too many WindowTokens were created by SystemUI causing jankiness and dropped frames when navigating and scrolling apps.
- Fixed an issue where the Wear OS app could crash when trying to pair a Wear OS device.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings app could crash after tapping the search bar in the app.
Android 11 Timeline, milestones, and updates:
The Android 11 Developer Preview program runs from February 2020 until the final public release to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and OEMs, planned for Q3 2020.