WhatsApp recently announce to bring a more enhanced version for disappearing messages. The developers continue making adjustments in this section and adding new features. It’ll provide a more convenient and user-friendly experience.
This time, the new feature that has caught my attention is the default WhatsApp disappearing messages timer. Yes, the WhatsApp team is currently developing this function, so it’s yet to be available for the users.
For a better understanding, let’s summarise what disappearing mode is. WhatsApp disappearing mode is a message removing function, that deletes the messages and media from the receiver’s conversation history after a certain period of time.
As of now, if you want to send any disappearing messages in WhatsApp, it’ll only ask for two options either 24 hours or 7 days. Besides, the previous reports show that it’ll soon add maximum 90 days limit for messages. However, the media only last up to 7 days maximum at present.
To enable this mode, select any conversation in your account and tap on the contact name after opening the conversation. Here you can find the disappearing message option and enable/disable them by selecting it. Before, discussing the new function, let check how it’ll look like.
Below, you can check the preview image of the new function:
(WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Timer, Image from WABetaInfo)
About New Feature:
As the name suggests, this disappearing message timer will set all the individual chats on disappearing mode with the time duration you’ll select. The information shows WhatsApp will add this feature as default. However, the present chats including media files won’ be affected by it.
This feature will help the user to set all the chats on disappearing mode at once, meanwhile, you can individually disable them. Yet there is no information about its availability. It means it’s not ready to release for the users. We’ll keep you posted more, until then stay concocted with us.
With the previous update, WhatsApp informed about bringing voice message transcriptions for the users. This feature will help them in converting audio messages into text without taking help from any third-party application. (Read Full Story Here)
WhatsApp is now more secure and exciting with these new features
WhatsApp brings a package of new exciting features for Android, iOS, and Desktop users. Here you will get a descriptive intro of all the new changes that boost your experience with the thrilling elements of the app.
WhatsApp is maintaining the functionalities of Android, iOS, and Desktop by releasing features in all segments. Below you can check some new features that WhatsApp recently added to make your chats secure and exciting
- On Android, the camera shortcut is back, and the iOS beta now has it enabled for the first time. Users are notified if they have already established a community and can no longer access the camera through the previous entry point. If it is not visible, it implies your WhatsApp account needs to wait for a future update until it is available.
- You can finally share your own stickers that accurately reflect who you are with your chats and groups thanks to WhatsApp, which will automatically develop your own sticker pack based on the set avatar under WhatsApp Settings.
Voice Status updates:
- This feature let you upload your recorded voice note on your WhatsApp status. You can also choose a background color for the voice note and it shows up in the messages bubble.
New Sticker pack ‘Giannis & Family:
- This is an animated sticker pack to be released for all users created by Mario, Nomso, and STATE Design.
- Participants in the group will be able to share polls with the other group members using this function, which allows for the addition of around 12 alternatives. At the moment, only Android users can use this feature.
Do not disturb API – Missed calls:
- Do not disturb is enabled when a call is missed, and this event is automatically added to the conversation as well as soon after in the call history screen.
- Before sharing a document, we will be allowed to attach a caption to it so that we may give it a brief description.
WhatsApp added 7 new features to make chat more efficient
WhatsApp application is one of the most likely and vastly used among the users on all three major platforms including Android, iOS, and Desktop. And it is now time to experience the most in-demand features since the company has recently added some new features to WhatsApp.
Following are the 7 features that WhatsApp has added for you:
WhatsApp ability to undo ‘Delete for me’:
- With the help of this feature, you can retrieve messages deleted by mistake when you use ‘delete for me. Now you have a few seconds to use ‘undo’ so the deleted message is back. Notably, this feature is currently for iOS users only and may soon expand to Android and Desktop users too.
WhatsApp Create polls:
- With the help of this feature, group participants will be able to share polls with other members of the group, approx 12 options can be added. This feature is specific to Android users currently.
Who can see you’re online status:
- This feature will help you to manage who can see you are online, as per the new privacy setting for Android users, you can now stealth mode by deleting the string ‘online’.
WhatsApp ability to import backup:
- With the help of this feature, you can now import recent chats and media. This import backup feature will surely help you make a backup to your crucial and important chats and media.
Edit sent a message:
- Just like Telegram, you can use the feature of editing the sent text in WhatsApp. This will help to edit the mistyped message for the Desktop users.
WhatsApp Call countdown feature:
- WhatsApp is now placing the call, it would be annoying to wait for 3 seconds in order to place the calls. You can immediately place the call when you placed it by mistake without notifying the recipient.
WhatsApp to add account login approval feature
WhatsApp is a free chatting application that uses your phone’s data, and it gains around 2 billion users worldwide. Also, it has approx 5 billion installs from Google Play. The company isn’t stopping its services and testing a new feature for the users likewise, we come up with a new login approval feature info for Android users.
Yes! WhatsApp is currently working to bring a new feature to its billions of users worldwide, aiming to maintain and improve security for the users to provide extra safety to their personal data.
As per our respected source, WhatsApp roll out a new beta update that brings a new login approval feature for Android users. By this, you can receive in-app alerts when someone else is trying to log into their accounts.
The recent update for Android users can be known through the 220.127.116.11 build version.
What is new Login Approval feature for WhatsApp:
If someone tries to access their account due to an incorrect sharing of their 6-digit code, they will finally be able to refuse the login attempt. Because owner acceptance is now a must when someone requests to log in to your WhatsApp account.
This specific security warning also provides some more helpful information, such as the time and information about the other phone, likely the device model.
The arrival of this new feature is not yet scheduled by the company but stay tuned with us to get more and the latest info about WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is the most popular application gaining 2 billion active users worldwide, without spending anything on advertisements. Well, the above-mentioned users include only the smartphone and PC, as WhatsApp is not supported on the iPod and iPads. Alongside, WhatsApp is listed in the top 3 Android applications on the globe.
(Source: WabetaInfo )