WhatsApp is bringing the Chat Migration feature for Android device users, allowing them to migrate their conversations on iOS. It’s the biggest news for the WhatsApp account holders, who are genuinely waiting for a feature like this.
Besides, it’s already available for iOS users with some limitations. Just after the rollout of this feature, WhatsApp has been heavily trolled for not having the feature for Android chat migration first. As we know, the majority of users want to switch their phones on iOS, but somehow waiting to move their chats on this platform.
Moving ahead, Telegram didn’t miss the chance to mock WhatsApp alongside the users who are already upset for waiting too long. The users filled the Twitter comment section with continuous complaints to WhatsApp. This may be the reason WhatsApp accelerates the development process for this chat migration feature.
Still, there is no detailed information about the process, but we are expecting to use a cable as described in the previous release and a certain app to migrate the chats. Let’s check the preview below-
(image from WABetaInfo)
As we can observe from the image, the Android users could also be able to move their conversation history on a different number like the iOS user. The procedure is most likely to be the same as the iOS to Android Chat Migration.
This feature has been spotted after the submission of the WhatsApp Android Beta 22.214.171.124 version on the Google Play Store. Still, the WhatsApp developers are making necessary changes in this function, so it might be available in a future update.
At present, there are only selected beta testers have got this feature. WhatsApp will soon make it available for the rest users with more measurements. As of now, the feature for iOS to Android chat migration is available for iPhone owners. Check the brief intro below-
WhatsApp Chat Migration from iOS to Android:
Last month, WhatsApp rolled out the chat migration feature for iOS users. It means, the iPhone holders who want to switch on Android can move their chat history with the help of Switch to Android App and a cable. Though, only Samsung phones support this feature at present.
WhatsApp previously stated that more Android smartphones will support this feature soon. However, the team didn’t release any further info about the matter yet. In the meantime, this underdeveloping feature for Android users is such a good news for those who want to have their WhatsApp account on the iOS platform.
WhatsApp is now more secure and exciting with these new features
WhatsApp brings a package of new exciting features for Android, iOS, and Desktop users. Here you will get a descriptive intro of all the new changes that boost your experience with the thrilling elements of the app.
WhatsApp is maintaining the functionalities of Android, iOS, and Desktop by releasing features in all segments. Below you can check some new features that WhatsApp recently added to make your chats secure and exciting
- On Android, the camera shortcut is back, and the iOS beta now has it enabled for the first time. Users are notified if they have already established a community and can no longer access the camera through the previous entry point. If it is not visible, it implies your WhatsApp account needs to wait for a future update until it is available.
- You can finally share your own stickers that accurately reflect who you are with your chats and groups thanks to WhatsApp, which will automatically develop your own sticker pack based on the set avatar under WhatsApp Settings.
Voice Status updates:
- This feature let you upload your recorded voice note on your WhatsApp status. You can also choose a background color for the voice note and it shows up in the messages bubble.
New Sticker pack ‘Giannis & Family:
- This is an animated sticker pack to be released for all users created by Mario, Nomso, and STATE Design.
- Participants in the group will be able to share polls with the other group members using this function, which allows for the addition of around 12 alternatives. At the moment, only Android users can use this feature.
Do not disturb API – Missed calls:
- Do not disturb is enabled when a call is missed, and this event is automatically added to the conversation as well as soon after in the call history screen.
- Before sharing a document, we will be allowed to attach a caption to it so that we may give it a brief description.
WhatsApp added 7 new features to make chat more efficient
WhatsApp application is one of the most likely and vastly used among the users on all three major platforms including Android, iOS, and Desktop. And it is now time to experience the most in-demand features since the company has recently added some new features to WhatsApp.
Following are the 7 features that WhatsApp has added for you:
WhatsApp ability to undo ‘Delete for me’:
- With the help of this feature, you can retrieve messages deleted by mistake when you use ‘delete for me. Now you have a few seconds to use ‘undo’ so the deleted message is back. Notably, this feature is currently for iOS users only and may soon expand to Android and Desktop users too.
WhatsApp Create polls:
- With the help of this feature, group participants will be able to share polls with other members of the group, approx 12 options can be added. This feature is specific to Android users currently.
Who can see you’re online status:
- This feature will help you to manage who can see you are online, as per the new privacy setting for Android users, you can now stealth mode by deleting the string ‘online’.
WhatsApp ability to import backup:
- With the help of this feature, you can now import recent chats and media. This import backup feature will surely help you make a backup to your crucial and important chats and media.
Edit sent a message:
- Just like Telegram, you can use the feature of editing the sent text in WhatsApp. This will help to edit the mistyped message for the Desktop users.
WhatsApp Call countdown feature:
- WhatsApp is now placing the call, it would be annoying to wait for 3 seconds in order to place the calls. You can immediately place the call when you placed it by mistake without notifying the recipient.
WhatsApp to add account login approval feature
WhatsApp is a free chatting application that uses your phone’s data, and it gains around 2 billion users worldwide. Also, it has approx 5 billion installs from Google Play. The company isn’t stopping its services and testing a new feature for the users likewise, we come up with a new login approval feature info for Android users.
Yes! WhatsApp is currently working to bring a new feature to its billions of users worldwide, aiming to maintain and improve security for the users to provide extra safety to their personal data.
As per our respected source, WhatsApp roll out a new beta update that brings a new login approval feature for Android users. By this, you can receive in-app alerts when someone else is trying to log into their accounts.
The recent update for Android users can be known through the 126.96.36.199 build version.
What is new Login Approval feature for WhatsApp:
If someone tries to access their account due to an incorrect sharing of their 6-digit code, they will finally be able to refuse the login attempt. Because owner acceptance is now a must when someone requests to log in to your WhatsApp account.
This specific security warning also provides some more helpful information, such as the time and information about the other phone, likely the device model.
The arrival of this new feature is not yet scheduled by the company but stay tuned with us to get more and the latest info about WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is the most popular application gaining 2 billion active users worldwide, without spending anything on advertisements. Well, the above-mentioned users include only the smartphone and PC, as WhatsApp is not supported on the iPod and iPads. Alongside, WhatsApp is listed in the top 3 Android applications on the globe.
(Source: WabetaInfo )