This new feature was already introduced for devices working on iOS and now making its way for Android devices. Currently, the forwarding of the official sticker pack function is available for registered beta testers only.
How to check the availability of this feature:
Those WhatsApp users who use the beta version of this instant messaging app can check this feature in a very simple way. Just check whether the forward button appeared in the top right corner or not once you opened a sticker package.
For more understanding, check the screenshot below:
The new sticker package forwarding feature is not compatible with third-party sticker packs. It is expected that it will also be enriched with support for third-party sticker packs in near future.
At the moment, it is an under-beta program but WhatsApp will soon roll out this feature with the stable version once finalized.
(Via – WABetaInfo)
WhatsApp remained down for hours before it was fixed
Today, WhatsApp went down and remained inaccessible for over 2 hours before it was fixed. App users around the world reported an outage of services that blocked the user interface of the Meta on the chatting application.
According to the users, the app was showing issues in accessing the app randomly, under which, they cannot read or send new messages. Furthermore, there’s no error screen that remained persistent on the app with the label ‘connecting’ to the server.
A spokesperson said: “We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble sending messages and we’re working to restore WhatsApp for everyone as quickly as possible.”
According to Downdetector, users began reporting this issue before 8 am on Tuesday, while over 12,000 reports appeared on the website by 8.30 am. That’s a massive number and it’s quite disturbing for the users.
However, Meta finally resolved this issue and resumed services after over 2 hours of blackout on WhatsApp.
On the other hand, Meta nor WhatsApp has announced the reason behind this massive outage in services or given any official statement.
WhatsApp is one of the largest chat messaging apps with over a billion users globally. However, such a shortage could be a reason for server failure, which could happen occasionally.
WhatsApp brings 9 new features for better chat experience
WhatsApp is a chat application that continues to bring amazing and useful additions to its users. In the latest development, WhatsApp has announced 9 new features that optimize the overall chat experience.
Surprisingly, these fresh features are available for both Android and iOS systems. Thus, you don’t have to worry whether your chat application will receive an upgrade or not. Besides, some new tweaks for WhatsApp Business are also in the queue.
Notably, some of the features are still under development. Hence, it could happen that you may not find them immediately, but after a while with a new update.
Check out the 9 new features of WhatsApp, below.
1. New Features for WhatsApp Business
The list begins with the WhatsApp Business application. The company has added a unique linked device interface, track ad mode, and reorder collections features. Users can easily find these features in the latest WhatsApp Business version.
2. New App Sidebar
WhatsApp has revamped the interface to some extent and has added a new app sidebar. Eventually, this addition will help the users to check the status updates, chat settings, and profile in one place. Besides, you can now respond to status updates effectively.
3. WhatsApp replaced the old camera tab with a new tool
WhatsApp has added a new tool to the Business application. This feature is known as Business Home and carries all the essentials in one section. As a result, the user can reach all the business tools easily without searching for them in the separate settings section.
4. WhatsApp Edited Message
With the help of this function, users will be able to edit an ‘already sent’ message. Further, the messages that you will edit showcase an ‘edited’ label at the bottom right corner.
5. React to the Status Updates
This function enables you to react to status updates. Just open the status and tap on the reply button or swipe up. You will find 8 emojis including 100 points, Party Popper, Clapping Hands, Crying Face, Laughing Face, and more.
6. Change Text Format
WhatsApp users with the iOS 16 system can now format the texts accordingly. All you have to do is select the text you want to format. A pop-up window with text format options will appear. Select the preferable option and enjoy a new way of texting.
7. Four reactions for chat bubbles
So far, users were able to see only three reactions on the chat bubbles. But now WhatsApp has extended the reactions up to 4 limits. Now you can view up to 4 emoji reactions on the texts.
8. Add a link to the status caption
WhatsApp has counted the ability to add a link to your status caption. Earlier, this function was not available but now you can add and directly open the link from the caption.
9. Fixed Notification Issue
The company noticed that a few features are accompanying some issues with the app’s notifications. Alternatively, users were not able to hear any notification sound while they receive a message on the app. At present, the company has fixed that issue completely.
As mentioned, it could happen that some features will not show up immediately after the installation of the latest version. Hence, don’t panic and wait for the next update.
|| Source ||
WhatsApp is now more secure and exciting with these new features
WhatsApp brings a package of new exciting features for Android, iOS, and Desktop users. Here you will get a descriptive intro of all the new changes that boost your experience with the thrilling elements of the app.
WhatsApp is maintaining the functionalities of Android, iOS, and Desktop by releasing features in all segments. Below you can check some new features that WhatsApp recently added to make your chats secure and exciting
- On Android, the camera shortcut is back, and the iOS beta now has it enabled for the first time. Users are notified if they have already established a community and can no longer access the camera through the previous entry point. If it is not visible, it implies your WhatsApp account needs to wait for a future update until it is available.
- You can finally share your own stickers that accurately reflect who you are with your chats and groups thanks to WhatsApp, which will automatically develop your own sticker pack based on the set avatar under WhatsApp Settings.
Voice Status updates:
- This feature let you upload your recorded voice note on your WhatsApp status. You can also choose a background color for the voice note and it shows up in the messages bubble.
New Sticker pack ‘Giannis & Family:
- This is an animated sticker pack to be released for all users created by Mario, Nomso, and STATE Design.
- Participants in the group will be able to share polls with the other group members using this function, which allows for the addition of around 12 alternatives. At the moment, only Android users can use this feature.
Do not disturb API – Missed calls:
- Do not disturb is enabled when a call is missed, and this event is automatically added to the conversation as well as soon after in the call history screen.
- Before sharing a document, we will be allowed to attach a caption to it so that we may give it a brief description.