New Petal apps with system stability improvements for Nova 5T rolling out with the latest software update
Huawei Nova 5T quad-camera smartphone was one of the top-selling smartphones across the world from the budget segment of Huawei. Due to its popularity, it has a big fan base and existing users.
Since its launch, the Nova 5T lies under the top list of Huawei smartphones that receive continuous features and security updates to improve the device capabilities and overall performance.
At the moment, Huawei is focusing on many sections to regain its lost position in the market due to US sanctions and trying to resolve the previous issues. Parallelly, HarmonyOS 2.0 testing is also underway and general consumers have to wait a little more to get hands-on HarmonyOS.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
In the meantime, Huawei has slow down the rollout of the monthly software updates for its devices. But, Huawei Nova 5T doesn’t get affected due to Huawei’s busy schedule.
Now, Huawei has just released a new software update for Nova 5T smartphones that comes with the latest EMUI 11 version a huge and interesting changelog for the users.
Are you really interested to know with this OTA update brings for the Huawei Nova 5T? Well, it seemed that it is the first time when such popular apps are rolling out through a software update package.
This update added new shortcuts for apps including Petal Search, Petal Maps, Reader, and Member center as well as installs two big app Game Center and SkyTone services to the system.
That’s not the end, the update also improves the system stability to help your device to run more stable that increase the performance of the device speed.
Let’s take a look at apps:
Huawei Petal Search is a solution for smartphones that provides services all-in-one search app including search bar with voice search, visual search feature, news feeds, and more.
Petal Maps offers map browsing, map searching, navigation, and air gestures. Also, it not only lets you get your current location, browse the map, search for places, and add your favorites, but displays real-time traffic conditions, events, and more.
Huawei Reader allows the creation of a digital reading platform to give users a richer reading experience.
Member center is the membership app for Huawei smartphone users that provides info, activities, rewards, Huawei’s latest updates, and more in a single platform.
GameCenter is a platform to bring mobile gaming communities together through high-quality content and rewards as well as help gamers to interact better with each other and get the most out of the games they play.
SkyTone app allows you to use access mobile internet without the need for a SIM card when you travel in other countries or regions. To get this SIM-free service, users need to follow some steps and log in with Huawei ID.
Users can check the complete changelog and other important information about the software package as well as its version information below
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users can identify this update with EMUI 11 version 22.214.171.124 (C185E4R2P4) with a huge package size of 0.99GB.
- Improves system stability in all scenarios
- Added quick shortcuts for apps including Petal Search, Petal Map, Reader, and Member Centre
- Added new Game Center and SkyTone app.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open the Support app on your device
- Go to the Service tab
- Click on the update button
- Tap on Check for update option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Thanks to the tipster: Samer
Latest update for Huawei Nova 5i released, brings April 2021 security patch
Huawei P40 lite gets March 2023 update with new Device+ addition
Huawei P40 lite is one of the most amazing smartphones to buy and the company is now sending a new software update for this device that brings March 2023 security patches.
You should know that such updates roll out in batches and may take some time to reach the smartphone. However, you are free to check this release manually via Settings. If you have more doubts on this matter, please check the instructions mentioned below.
Huawei P40 Lite comes with a 6.4-inch display and it’s powered by Kirin 810 (7 nm) chipset with Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55) and Mali-G52 MP6 GPU.
The phone equips a quad camera system including a 48 MP main camera with f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + an 8 MP (ultrawide) with f/2.4 + a 2 MP macro camera with f/2.4 and a 2 MP f/2.4 aperture depth camera. The phone has a 16 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.06″.
Looking at the firmware, the March 2023 update for Huawei P40 Lite comes with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.1991. You will have to download an update package size of 424 MB. The changelog only says about the security patches but there’s more on this matter that you should know.
Huawei has also installed a new widget to the Device+ feature, which allows you to manage watch and band devices directly from the control panel.
How to update:
To install the latest software update, head towards Settings > from here and tap on System & updates. Now you need to open the Software updates menu and not tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES at the bottom of the screen.
Long Enough: A Huawei Mate 8 finally fetches EMUI 8 (Android 8)
EMUI 8 (Android 8) is released a long ago and Huawei published this roadmap to the Mate 8 in 2018. However, there is one Huawei Mate 8 user that now received EMUI 8, which took too long to come.
According to the information, Huawei released the EMUI 8 schedule for all of its devices in 2017. Huawei Mate 8 was also a part of the upgrade process along with other smartphones.
Phone users in the global market already installed this major OTA update. However, there may be a few users that were stuck on the old firmware EMUI 5.0 (based on Android 7).
You should know that Huawei Mate 8 was launched with EMUI 4 version and has better camera features. However, it later received version 5.0, followed by EMUI 8. Now, there’s no major software update available for this device.
The Huawei Mate 8 user who sent us this information is surprised by the fact that the phone wasn’t able to fetch the firmware for this long. As the other users had it 4 years ago.
A similar issue has been caught in other Huawei devices and stop receiving new software updates without any reason. There are also some external factors including the use case in another country. This could also delay OTA delivery.
As for the firmware, it comes with version 188.8.131.529 and has a package size of 2.29GB. The changelog reveals that the update packs Android 8 and also boosts performance. To be mentioned, Huawei has added new features and improvements to make this smartphone more useful and intuitive, faster and safer.
Huawei Mate 8 comes with Kirin 950 chipset and 6 inches full HD resolution display. The phone has a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera. Looking at the design, the phone has a wide display with top and bottom bezels and there’s a physical fingerprint reader below the rear camera module.
Thanks, Zhao for the amazing tip.
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
March 25, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y70 receives 184.108.40.206 software with March 2023 security patch for better system security.
- Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 220.127.116.116 with a number of new optimizations including display, apps, system, and stability.
March 21, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite users in Europe are getting firmware version 18.104.22.1688 with the latest security patch solutions.
- The latest feature-packed Huawei Mate 50 Pro software update for global users is reaching more places, allowing them to experience the latest additions on the go.
March 20, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in the global market that comes with March 2023 security update and firmware version 22.214.171.1242.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 126.96.36.199 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 188.8.131.527.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 22.214.171.124, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 126.96.36.1992.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 188.8.131.528.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 184.108.40.206 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.