Huawei Nova 5T quad-camera smartphone was one of the top-selling smartphones across the world from the budget segment of Huawei. Due to its popularity, it has a big fan base and existing users.
Since its launch, the Nova 5T lies under the top list of Huawei smartphones that receive continuous features and security updates to improve the device capabilities and overall performance.
At the moment, Huawei is focusing on many sections to regain its lost position in the market due to US sanctions and trying to resolve the previous issues. Parallelly, HarmonyOS 2.0 testing is also underway and general consumers have to wait a little more to get hands-on HarmonyOS.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
In the meantime, Huawei has slow down the rollout of the monthly software updates for its devices. But, Huawei Nova 5T doesn’t get affected due to Huawei’s busy schedule.
Now, Huawei has just released a new software update for Nova 5T smartphones that comes with the latest EMUI 11 version a huge and interesting changelog for the users.
Are you really interested to know with this OTA update brings for the Huawei Nova 5T? Well, it seemed that it is the first time when such popular apps are rolling out through a software update package.
This update added new shortcuts for apps including Petal Search, Petal Maps, Reader, and Member center as well as installs two big app Game Center and SkyTone services to the system.
That’s not the end, the update also improves the system stability to help your device to run more stable that increase the performance of the device speed.
Let’s take a look at apps:
Huawei Petal Search is a solution for smartphones that provides services all-in-one search app including search bar with voice search, visual search feature, news feeds, and more.
Petal Maps offers map browsing, map searching, navigation, and air gestures. Also, it not only lets you get your current location, browse the map, search for places, and add your favorites, but displays real-time traffic conditions, events, and more.
Huawei Reader allows the creation of a digital reading platform to give users a richer reading experience.
Member center is the membership app for Huawei smartphone users that provides info, activities, rewards, Huawei’s latest updates, and more in a single platform.
GameCenter is a platform to bring mobile gaming communities together through high-quality content and rewards as well as help gamers to interact better with each other and get the most out of the games they play.
SkyTone app allows you to use access mobile internet without the need for a SIM card when you travel in other countries or regions. To get this SIM-free service, users need to follow some steps and log in with Huawei ID.
Users can check the complete changelog and other important information about the software package as well as its version information below
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users can identify this update with EMUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 (C185E4R2P4) with a huge package size of 0.99GB.
- Improves system stability in all scenarios
- Added quick shortcuts for apps including Petal Search, Petal Map, Reader, and Member Centre
- Added new Game Center and SkyTone app.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open the Support app on your device
- Go to the Service tab
- Click on the update button
- Tap on Check for update option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Thanks to the tipster: Samer
Huawei P10 Plus global users gets a major software update
Huawei has started to rollout a new software update for the global users of Huawei P10 Plus. This update comes with major software improvements including a new security patch and a number of different apps. For your information, a similar update has already been released for the Huawei P10 in the month of August (Read more)
According to the information, the latest Huawei P10 Plus major software update comes with EMUI 9.1 version 18.104.22.1687 and an update package size of 579 megabytes This update has different aspects and we’ll going explore them below. (reports – Huaweiblog)
The changelog reveals that this update has May 2021 security patch, new system optimizations for better system performance as well as new system applications including Petal Search, Books, GameCenter, and Browser. Additionally, the software package for the Huawei P10 Plus brings new apps shortcuts that you download and install.
To be mentioned, the Huawei P10 series along with Huawei Mate 9 is currently testing HarmonyOS in China. However, there’s no confirmation about the same treatment for the global models of this old flagship. Still, the rollout of the software update is a good gesture that Huawei is showing for the Huawei P10 series even after the end software support termination.
Here’s the changelog of this update:
Security: Integrates security patches released in May 2021 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the official
System: Optimizes system stability for smoother overall performance
Apps: Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps. Adds the following apps, Petal Search, Books, GameCenter, and Browser. Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps, Petal Maps, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard. The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
This update won’t erase your data but you are recommended to install the latest update after taking a backup of the important files. Thereafter, ensure that you have a sufficient amount of space to place the downloaded package. Furthermore, keep your phone charged up above 50% before initiating the update procedure.
Aside from these, Huawei P10 Plus users can check for the software update via the following procedure.
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings and click on System, then open Software update.
- Tap on Check for updates option, if an update appears then click Download and install.
- After installation reboot the device.
Download via Support/My Huawei app:
- Open the Support app, then navigate to the Service tab and click on the Update button.
- Now tap on Check for update option, if found any then click Download and install.
- After the installation completes, reboot the device.
November 2021 EMUI security details comes in, major software update awaited
Global Huawei smartphone users are pretty worried about the next major software update and the Chinese tech maker seeming working hidden on this matter. Some reports have emerged and show that the company has started testing new software for the global Huawei device owners. However, Huawei hasn’t confirmed any such news.
Meanwhile, there’s are a number of new software updates that being received by the Huawei smartphones including security patches and new software optimizations that install new apps as well as system improvements.
In the latest edition, Huawei has revealed EMUI November 2021 security patch details that come with new fixes for security flaws (CVEs) found in past software builds. Although we’re still in October, Huawei seemingly paced up the approval of security patches in the past few months.
Still, the reality of on-stage rollout is still far away on the ground for the EMUI smartphone owners including both new and old smartphones. According to the information, November 2021 security patch details include ranges of smartphones that are eligible to receive this latest software update.
CVE = Common Vulnerabilities Exposures
The November 2021 Huawei EMUI security patch fixes one critical, 22 high levels of CVEs, 8 medium levels of CVEs while there’s no low level of CVEs. The November 2021 security patch also fixes 2 high levels of CVE as well as 8 levels of medium CVEs.
Details of these CVEs are linked below.
- Critical: CVE-2020-11264
- High: CVE-2020-15358, CVE-2021-0652, CVE-2021-0706, CVE-2021-0708, CVE-2021-0651, CVE-2021-0705, CVE-2021-0643, CVE-2021-0702, CVE-2021-0703, CVE-2021-30306, CVE-2021-30305, CVE-2021-27666, CVE-2021-29647, CVE-2020-29660, CVE-2021-1977, CVE-2020-24588, CVE-2021-1980, CVE-2020-24587, CVE-2020-26139, CVE-2020-26141, CVE-2020-26145, CVE-2020-26146
- Medium: CVE-2021-0941, CVE-2021-31916, CVE-2021-1966, CVE-2021-0936, CVE-2021-0935, CVE-2021-1967, CVE-2019-25045, CVE-2021-0937
- Low: None
Furthermore, there are three CVEs that have been fixed in the past month’s security bulletin.
CVE details for Third-party libraries:
- High: CVE-2021-32399, CVE-2020-17541
- Medium: CVE-2020-14314, CVE-2019-20934, CVE-2020-25641, CVE-2020-35508, CVE-2020-12352, CVE-2020-24490, CVE-2021-3564, CVE-2021-0129
Following this announcement and the CVE details, the company will begin to send these fixes carried on the monthly OTA update rollouts and it’ll expand gradually among different Huawei devices in the coming weeks.
Stay tuned for more information, we’ll keep you posted on any major software update rollout status if it occurs.
Huawei EMUI October 2021 Updates List
Huawei released the October 2021 EMUI security patch details ahead of time and the company has also confirmed the devices that will participate under the October 2021 EMUI security updates rollout program.
We know that Huawei has skipped the August security patch rollout for some of the Huawei devices, instead, the Chinese tech maker decided to put a send button in September for different models and in various markets around the globe.
But the biggest concern is that “whether and when Huawei will send a new major update to the global consumers?” In our view, it’s a pretty legit question and remained unexplored up until now. However, we may witness, the launch of HarmonyOS 3.0 at the Huawei Developer Conference 2021 alongside HarmonyOS 3.0.
Meanwhile, the security and software improvements update rollout continues to expand and there are a lot of new devices that are ready in line to receive their share of the software update.
Here, via this EMUI October 2021 updates List, you can access all of the rollout updates and their briefing that rolling out in the month of October 2021.
Huawei EMUI October 2021 updates:
October 21, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro global users are being upgraded with new system apps and improvements updates.
October 20, 2021:
- Huawei Watch Fit users receive rope skipping features in the global market.
- Huawei Mate 20 LIte September 2021 security patch rolling for the global models with EMUI software system.
October 18, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2e smartwatch is also receiving important fixes for GPS.
October 17, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro global units with EMUI 11 is receiving a new security software update that brings Stepmerb 2021 security patch.
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 and MatePad 10Ts gets new software update upgrades with the latest security patches as well as a bunch of new Apps, Read more
October 16, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 getting October 2021 software update that brings system stability improvements.
October 9, 2021:
- Huawei Watch Fit New firmware update rolling out with version 22.214.171.124 upgrading from 126.96.36.199. This update also adds new Skipping Rope feature and optimizations for the system for improving system performance.
October 3, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, Enjoy Z 5G, and Maimang 9 5G receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52.
- Huawei Maimang 8 and Enjoy 9S getting new software with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206. This update brings important improvements for the system stability to improve the overall user experience and performance.
October 2021 Security Patch:
October 2021 EMUI security patch brings 46 fixes address by Google and 56 fixes address by the manufacturer Huawei. However, the company is still sending the September 2021 security release note to different regions.
Besides, this Chinese phone maker also published the HarmonyOS security patch details for September 2021. At the same time, it also started to roll out this update for various devices on HarmonyOS 2.0 by the start of this month.
October 2021 security patch fixes a total of 46 CVE, among them, there’s one critical level, 27 are of high level, and 2 medium level CVE fixes. In addition, 16 CVEs were already included in previously released fixes.