Huawei Nova 5 series – Nova 5, Nova 5z, and Nova 5i Pro have begun receiving a new Hongmeng OS (HarmonyOS) update and it carries the latest Hongmeng OS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from version 22.214.171.124.
According to the changelog, this update release under a massive rollout campaign for the Hongmeng OS powered devices in China. The update is installed various new features that include new features for Control Panel, Service Center, and improves other aspects of the Nova 5 devices.
This firmware update currently is in the early stage of rollout and it may take time to cover all the eligible devices. It enhances the user’ experience by optimizing some features and also fixes a camera bug.
Looking in detail, the update improves the overall interactiveness of the Hongmeng OS operating system for smartphone and tablet devices. This includes a number of new additions such as:
- New gestures for the Control panel
- Better optimizations for the AppAssitant
- This update fixes an issue with the camera watermark
- There are also some improvements made to the system security
- Optimize the interface display of the control center
- Optimize the operation experience of the drop-down status bar in the game scenarios
- Fix the problem that the camera watermark cannot be automatically rotated in some situations.
Things to remember
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device
- Make sure your device is not root.
- Take a backup of your necessary data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
New HM OS update coming soon
Huawei has officially announced that it will roll out a new Hongmeng OS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199. This software update will begin rolling out next week, starting with the topmost devices.
The company states that the current version still has some optimizations to be made, that will be coming in the new version 188.8.131.52x for the Mate 490 series. As usual, this will be a staged rollout and will gradually cover all the necessary devices.
As for the Nova 5 phones, this new update may come a bit later, as these smartphones are currently receiving the older version. The upcoming update likely won’t carry any major changes to the UI and just some sorts of improvements.
Huawei Nova 5:
Huawei’s Nova 5 series is one of its oldest mid-range lineups and is quite popular among users. Among all the smartphones, the Nova 5 comes with a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2340 resolution.
The device is packed with a 3500mAh battery and a 48MP triple rear camera setup. In terms of software, it came pre-packed with the EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9. The other features of the smartphone include a fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, and more.