After testing out the beta versions, Microsft has released a stable Windows 11 update as a 22621.607 (KB5017389) version. Surprisingly, this new update carries a huge bundle of fixes and improvements in comparison to the beta builds.
On diving into the depths, we found that the company has mainly modified the internal system. Further, it has repaired the defects where the processors used to create hindrance and affects the smooth functioning of the overall core mechanism.
Apart from the improvements, the company has implemented widget content to the taskbar. Consequently, on opening the widget board, a banner containing more information related to notifications appears on the screen.
The manufacturers have also updated the start date for daylight saving time in Chile. Initially, the beginning was from September 04, 2022. However, now it is September 11, 2022.
And the list won’t end here. To grab a detailed view of this list, check the below-given changelog section.
Windows 11 22621.607 Update – New Fixes and Additions
- Added more dynamic Widget content to the taskbar with notification badging. When you open the Widgets board, a banner appears at the top of the board. It provides more information about what triggered the notification badge.
- Updated the start date for daylight saving time in Chile. It will start on September 11, 2022, instead of on September 4, 2022.
Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue that affects some apps that were not signed by the Microsoft Store. Users must reinstall them after upgrading the OS.
- Fixed issues that cause updates to the Microsoft Store to fail.
- Fixed an issue that stops users from signing in to various Microsoft Office 365 apps. This affects Outlook, Word, Teams, and so on.
- Fixed an issue that affects the Windows Search service. It causes the indexing progress for the service to be slow.
- Fixed an issue that affects some processors. This issue occurs when turning on Hyper-V and kernel Direct Memory Access (DMA) protections.
- Fixed an issue that affects a network’s static IP. The issue causes the configuration of the static IP to be inconsistent. Because of this, NetworkAdapterConfiguration() fails sporadically.
- Fixed an issue that affects Task Manager. It stops working when switching between light and dark mode or changing the accent color.
- Fixed an issue that affects the font of three Chinese characters. When formatting these characters as bold, the width size is wrong.
- Fixed an issue that affects graphics drivers that use d3d9on12.dll.
- Reduced the power that the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol uses on some devices when they are in Sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue that forces the IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- Fixed an issue that affects window.open in IE mode.
- Fixed an issue that successfully opens a browser window in IE mode to display a PDF file. Later, browsing to another IE mode site within the same window fails.
- Fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Japanese input method editor (IME). Text reconversion fails when using some third-party virtual desktops.
- Fixed an issue that might cause an application to stop responding. This might occur when the input queue overflows.
- Fixed an issue that affects XML Paper Specification (XPS) viewers. This might stop users from opening XPS files in some non-English languages. These include some Japanese and Chinese character encodings. This issue affects XPS and Open XPS (OXPS) files.
- Fixed an issue that creates a duplicate print queue. Because of this, the original print queue stops working.
- Fixed an issue that might bypass MSHTML and ActiveX rules for Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
- Fixed an issue that affects the Miracast UI. Sometimes it closes too soon when you cast to devices that use the DeviceObjectType: Aep.
- Fixed an issue that affects the SharedPC account manager. The issue stops it from deleting many accounts during cleanup.
- Fixed an issue that causes LogonUI.exe to stop working. Because of this, you cannot dismiss the lock screen to view the credentials screen.
- Fixed an issue that affects Dual SIM calling. If you select no SIM on your phone and initiate a call on your device, Dual SIM functionality does not work.
- Fixed an issue that affects the FindNextFileNameW() It might leak memory.
- Fixed an issue that affects robocopy. Robocopy fails to set a file to the right modified time when using the /IS
- Fixed an issue that affects cldflt.sys. A stop error occurs when it is used with Microsoft OneDrive.
- Fixed an issue that affects Roaming User Profiles. After signing in or signing out, some of the settings are not restored.
- Fixed an issue that affects the LanmanWorkstation service. It leaks memory when mounting a network drive.