June 2021 security improvements rolling out for Huawei Mate Xs (Global)
Huawei started rolling out a new software update for Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone. This firmware rolling out for Mate Xs devices with EMUI 11 software and carries the security patch released in June 2021.
The latest update, which has EMUI 11.0 version 184.108.40.206 (C432E2R2P1), includes the June 2021 security patch. Huawei has mentioned that its June 2021 security patch fixes different levels of exploits and issues including 2 critical and 13 high levels of CVEs.
This software update comes with a small update package size of 264MB and doesn’t reflect any new changes to the system settings or features. Check more information about the Huawei Mate Xs June 2021 update mentioned below.
Things to remember:
- This update won’t erase your personal data.
- We recommend you take an early backup of your important data.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.
- The EMUI version and the update size may vary.
HarmonyOS rollout for global users:
At the moment, there is no official plan for the global HarmonyOS 2.0 rollout. Meanwhile, the users in China are already enjoying the perks of Huawei’s self-developed software.
Furthermore, the Chinese tech giant has released the HarmonyOS stable version for its recently launched devices on the ground.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
How to check for updates
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings and click on System & Updates, then open Software update.
- Tap on Check for updates option, if an update appears then click Download and install.
- After installation reboot the device.
Download via Support app:
- Open the Support app, then navigate to the Service tab and click on the Update button.
- Now tap on Check for update option, if found any then click Download and install.
- After the installation completes, reboot the device.
Huawei Mate Xs:
Launched in 2020, the Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone comes with flagship features such as a dual-screen design with an 8-inches display when unfolded and a secondary screen of 6.38-inches, both of them are OLED screens.
It is powered by the Kirin 990 5G Octa-core processor and paired with 8GB RAM along with 256GB internal storage. The device is packed with a 4400mAh battery with maximum charging support of 55W.
Furthermore, it equips a Leica-powered quad-camera setup with40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.8 aperture), a 16 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture), and 8 MP (Telephoto, f/2.4 aperture, OIS), and a HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera. While the rear camera can also be used as the front when folded.
It came pre-packed with the EMUI 10.0.1 based on Android 10 and it will also receive the HarmonyOS update in the global market, which is already available for users in China.
(Via – Huawei blog)