Recently, Huawei has launched the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system for smartphones. Simultaneously, the company also announced the HarmonyOS 2.0 upgrade plan for over 100 devices that will receive the brand new OS this year and in 2022.
At the same, this Chinese tech giant also shared a list of 19 Huawei devices that eligible to upgrade over HarmonyOS 2.0 without beta testing activity. These include Mate 40, P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro series devices.
Do you think a major rollout is sufficient for devices? The answer is absolutely not because regular software updates keep devices up to date and provide better system security.
For further improvements, Huawei continuously delivers monthly software updates for eligible devices. This update brings EMUI security patches, system improvements, optimization, and other important features for the system.
Since there are plenty of software update releases throughout the month, this tracker will bring insights into all types of software versions and helps you track these OTA in the month of June 2021.
Below you can check June 2021 feature/security updates archive.
June 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 smartphones began receiving May 2021 security improvement [Europe]. Know more
- Huawei Watch GT 2 starts receiving system improvements with June 2021 firmware update [Global]. Know more
- Huawei P smart S smartphone getting apps, system and April 2021 security update. Know more
June 28, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro receiving May 2021 security update in Europe. Know more
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone picks up May 2021 security improvements. Know more
- New screen lock, SMS and more features for Huawei Watch Fit rolling with new firmware. Know more
- New system stability optimization update released for Huawei Smart Screen SE. Know more
- Celia Voice Assistant for Huawei P30 Lite New Edition comes with new features and more. Know more
June 26, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T users grabs May 2021 security update and started waiting for next major upgrade. Know more
- May 2021 security patch released for Huawei Mate 20 X 5G (EMUI 11). Know more
- Latest Huawei Mate X2 update brings touch sensitivity and system stability optimizations. Know more
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro getting new system optimizations with new firmware update. Know more
- iOS watch faces, weather app and other improvements rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 2 (46mm). Know more
June 25, 2021:
- Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 smartphone grabbing a new software update, brings new security improvements. Know more
- Latest update of Huawei P Smart Plus 2019 installs May 2021 security patch. Know more
June 24, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 10, Z, 10e and Maimang 9 smartphones collecting May 2021 security update. Read more
June 23, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE, 7 SE and 6 SE smartphones grabbing May 2021 security update. Know more
- May 2021 security patch released for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Know more
June 22, 2021:
- Battery life and Wi-Fi improvements rolling out for Huawei P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 2 testers. Know more
- Huawei Watch 3 temperature measurement and gesture feature firmware rolling out in the global market. Know more
June 21, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 7i getting May 2021 security update, users want to know HarmonyOS status. Know more
- Huawei MatePad T8 tablet getting Petal Maps and other apps with a new software update. Know more
June 18, 2021:
- Latest firmware for Huawei FreeBuds 4 brings improvements for noise reduction and Bluetooth connection. Know more
June 17, 2021:
- Honor 9A getting new applications and security patch with the latest software rollout. Know more
June 16, 2021:
- Huawei Y5 Lite with EMUI 8 receiving new software update with system stability improvements. Know more
- Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone getting April 2021 security update, eligible for HarmonyOS. Know more
June 15, 2021:
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 smartphone users grabbing May 2021 security update. Know more
- Latest update brings April 2021 security patch for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone. Know more
June 14, 2021:
- Body temperature measurement feature, gestures, UI optimizations for Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro rolling out with first firmware update. Know more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 with HarmonyOS receiving first software upgrade, brings new features and improvements. Know more
June 12, 2021:
- April 2021 security update expanding for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus in Europe. Know more
- Huawei Nova 5, Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5z receiving May 2021 security update. Know more
- Huawei Enjoy 10S smartphone began collection May 2021 security update. Know more
June 9, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G smartphone starts getting April 2021 security improvements. Know more
- April 2021 security update expanding for Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone [global]. Know more
- Huawei P Smart 2019 users receiving April 2021 security update. Know more
- New Magazine lock and April 2021 security improvement rolling out for Huawei Enjoy 20 5G. Know more
June 5, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 7i April security update expanding and it’s HarmonyOS eligible. Know more
June 4, 2021:
- April 2021 security patch expanding for Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone in the global market. Read more
June 2, 2021:
- Global users of the Huawei P40 series receiving April security, while wait for HarmonyOS to begin. Know more
- Petal apps and system improvements rolling out for Honor 20 and 20 Pro devices [Global]. Know more
June 1, 2021:
- May 2021 security update released for Honor 9X and 9X Pro smartphone. Know more
New system apps and improvements rolling out for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro [Global]
Huawei is now rolling out a new software update for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market with new apps. The company is sending this software update with a firmware version EMUI 18.104.22.168, the OTA package size is 1.26GB.
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro global update consists of new system apps including quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
According to Huaweiblog, the latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update consists of system stability for improved user experience. Aside from these improvements, the Mate 30 Pro doesn’t reflect any additions in the changelog.
To be mentioned, the software update is currently at the initial stage and will expand to more devices in the coming days or weeks.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro New Apps Update changelog:
Improves system stability in certain scenarios.
Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps.
Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
The latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update won’t delete your personal data, yet, an advance backup is recommended before updating the device for the worst-case. Furthermore, ensure enough memory storage, battery backup, and a strong internet connection before installing this update. However, if you still meet any problem during the update can seek help from the Huawei customer service center.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
How to Download the update:
There are two ways for downloading this update- first with a mobile setting and the second with the Support App. I have mentioned both you can download anyone you are more comfortable with.
Download Via Settings:
- Open smartpnoe Settings
- Select System
- Now click on Software update
- Then Check for updates
- If available, click Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
Download via Support app
- Open Support app on your smartphone
- Go to the Service tab
- Now select Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- If available, then tap Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei has released the EMUI 12 operating system, which comes with a suite of new features, user interface (UI) design, animation effects, seamless device controller, and other important enhancements over EMUI 11.
EMUI 12 design reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS operating system. From UI to features, all carry the same rhythm. However, Huawei has remained silent on the based software of EMUI 12.
Let’s jump to the matter, and explore the EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with a new innovative user interface design that has beautiful rounds corners and provides a seamless viewing experience. There are finely tuned gradients that create a perfect sense of depth in the display, while the simple black, white and blue color format offers a clean and refined look.
This EMUI software comes with new animation effects that reflect realistic gravity and magnet animation effects. The latest animations added to the UI reflects the celestial objects move in the universe, and makes the overall touch interaction more smoother and interactive.
The new software supports stepless weight adjustment, which allows you to adjust the size and the weight of the font by just adjusting the slider. This new feature enhances the user’s viewing experience and makes the UI labels more visible for better UI controls.
Control Panel is an all-in-one solution that you can access by swiping down from the top right corner of the display. The Control Panel consists of audio playback, WiFi, and Bluetooth settings on the same screen.
That’s not it because the Control Panel the above-mentioned controls are followed by shortcut switches section. There’s also a Device+ section. The aim of the Control Panel is to provide you the quickest possible options on the go without at the fastest pace.
Compared to the EMUI 11, the Notification Center is now separated from the Quick settings panel. The users now have a brand new notification center, that you can access via swiping down from the top left corner of the display.
Finally, let’s talk about the “Device+”. This feature resembles the Super Device feature on the HarmonyOS 2. What are the use cases? Let’s take a brief look.
You can simply tap on the MatePad icon (as shown in the image) to activate a multi-screen collaboration with MatePad. This will help you conduct calls, send messages, and check photos from your phone on the tablet screen.
Once connected with MateBook, you can edit your phone’s files directly using your laptop’s bigger display with ease of access. Want to enjoy your phone’s content on an even bigger display? Don’t worry, EMUI 12’s Device+ supports Huawei Vision smart TVs.
Lastly, the earbuds support of the Device+ allows you to listen to should of the other connected device such as Huawei Vision, without disturbing other people.
Distributed File System:
Distributed File System is quite powerful and works best, with this feature, you can get instant access to your phone documents or photos as easily as to access another disk drive on your laptop.
Most interestingly, these all functionalities can be conducted without touching your phone’s data cable.
MeeTime video calls were introduced with EMUI 10.1 and improved in EMUI 11. With EMUI 12, Huawei is taking a step ahead, this feature now supports cross-device video calls, you can seamlessly shift video calls picked up on your phone to Huawei Vision by using the MeeTime Video Call Transfer feature, and shift the call back to your phone, as per your requirement.
Time to come to an important part – Performance, the EMUI 12, provides faster web pages and apps loading as you scroll. You can return to the page next time as you load it up.
Even after a long term of use, the EMUI 12 ensures to provide optimum performance, operation response, and app startup as it was doing initially.
Lastly, the security. EMUI 12 comes with better security and privacy protection, You can input your password to unlock your phone from your laptop while being connected to the Multi-screen collaboration feature.
Moreover, you can set your smartwatch as a trusted device of your phone for extra protection. Your phone will only respond when your phone is connected via Face unlock.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite September 2021 security patch out for global users [EMUI]
Global users are receiving the September 2021 security patch on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone. The update has only brought the bug fixes mentioned in the security bulletins released for September this year. Speaking of which, Huawei didn’t release any update after June 2021 security patch for this device in overseas markets.
Debuted in 2018, Huawei Mate 20 Lite comes pre-installed with EMUI 8 operating system. Later, the company sends two major updates for this base smartphone and it’s currently running on EMUI 10. Although, it didn’t receive the EMUI 11, still counts as an important device of the company. Thus, it timely gest new features, bug fixes, and system optimizations.
As reported by HuaweiBlog, the September 2021 security patch contains the EMUI 10.0.0.290 version for Huawei Mate 20 Lite users. However, the changelog doesn’t seem to contain much due to its smaller update size. There are no additional features or major modification come with the security note. You can check the details below:
- Update Version: EMUI 10.0.0.290 (C432E12R1P1)
- Update Size: 116 MB
- Changelog: This update integrates security patches released in September 2021 for improved system security.
(Image from HuaweiBlog)
How to Download:
Huawei Mate 20 Lite users can download the latest EMUI September 2021 security patch from the smartphone’s setting. Still, there are many things a user needs to consider before installing the update.
A battery level of more than 20% is required, so your device won’t be worn out during the procedure. At the same, users also need to ensure adequate storage in the system and stable network connection.
However, the update size is rather small, so you can also make the download with personal mobile data easily. Also remember, not to disturb the process or use the smartphone in between the installation. Below you can check the downloading steps-
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device