Last September, Huawei has revealed a new member in the existing Watch GT 2 family, Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro for global users with a luxury design, 1.39-inch circular sapphire glass with 454 x 454 pixels resolution, and touch screen support. However, in the Chinese market, this watch came in October 2020 with Mate 40 lineup.
In the recent past, some sources hint that Huawei is preparing to unveil the new smart-wearable, which could be named Huawei Watch GT 3.
Recently, a Weibo tipster – Courage Digital King leaks some information about the upcoming smart wearable. He discloses that Huawei will launch the coming watch with a brand new name, Huawei Watch 3 instead of the expected Watch GT 3.
Apart from this, the leaker doesn’t disclose many details of the upcoming Huawei Watch 3 regarding launch date, specifications, features, and more.
As recently, on March 17, Huawei has debuted the new version of the existing Watch Fit in the global market, Watch Fit Elegant Edition comes with a stylish rectangular design and brings a full suite of fitness features.
Huawei sold over 80 million smart wearables in globally
Aside from the smartphones, Huawei also offers a great collection of smart wearables in the native as well as global market. The company’s most wearable devices had been also shipped in overseas markets besides the home ground.
The smart accessories not only have an elegant design but support a variety of software features that a user wants in a smart wearable including a smartwatch, smart band, and audio accessory.
Recently, at the Huawei Developer Conference 2021 (Together) President of Huawei Consumer BG AI announced that its global shipments of smart wearable devices have exceeded 80 million in counts by September 2021.
More than 320 million users are experiencing the company devices across the globe. In addition, Huawei’s sports health App has recorded 83 million monthly active users confirming the reliability of the app.
Huawei Health App:
Speaking of the Huawei Health App, it’s an activity record application that offers s professional sports guidance for your exercises. After connecting it with smartphones, users can graphically analyze the activity record.
In this manner, users will have a better understanding of their workout strategery. It’s also available in the global market to support the Huawei wearables shipped there.
Coming back to the counts, HarmonyOS has reached over 157 million units in China. Meanwhile, the third-party devices have more than 60 million installations of the OpenHarmony.
Regards this matter, Huawei Wang Chenglu assures the users that by the end of this year about 100 million third-party devices will shift on the HarmonyOS. Furthermore, the company also seems to be confident about completing 300 million HarmonyOS units within 2021.
As per the data, there are more than 5.1 million developers of HarmonyOS software applications that are serving from 170 plus countries and regions worldwide. In addition, the cumulative distribution of applications reached 332.2 billion from January to September 2021.
Major software features update rolling out for Huawei Watch 3
Wow, Huawei has now released a new software update for the Huawei Watch 3 series that brings major features. This update comes a month after the last rollout that also had a very big changelog lots of new features for this HarmonyOS powered smartwatch.
This new major software features update for the Huawei Watch 3 comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168. The entire firmware package comes under the size of 258 megabytes that you can download via OTA on your smartphone.
Most interestingly, this update makes the users happy due to the plenty of big addition to the changelog including the new sleep mode that helps to greatly minimize the disturbance while sleeping. The update adds a real-time data sync option for other smart devices in the Huawei device ecosystem.
This update also installs new keyboard input for watch music search and Celia voice assistant is getting new featured commands for different types of works.
Furthermore, you can now choose to play music via a Bluetooth headset or watch. Wait! There’s more on this rollout, the update added optimization to the watch’s system including do not disturb mode, and helps you to get the most out of this watch by improving the system stability.
One thing you should know that this update is currently released in China and may expand for the global users just like the last version.
You can check the complete changelog linked below followed by the updates notes:
Huawei Watch 3 HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update changelog:
- Added sleep mode. It can be entered in the shortcut menu. After the sleep mode is turned on, the calls and notifications will be muted and the screen will not turn on when the wrist is raised (except for the alarm clock). At the same time, the dial enters the simplified mode, which can make the battery life longer.
- After the mobile phone is connected to the watch and sports equipment at the same time, the data linkage between the watch and the sports equipment can be realized (iOS phones do not support it).
- In sports scenarios, it can be linked with Huawei smart screen, and the heart rate, calories, and other data monitored by the watch can be synchronized to the smart screen display in real-time (only Huawei smart screen X series, V series, S series are supported, and the smart screen needs to be upgraded to 2.0. 0.5XX and above, iOS phones do not support).
- Added keyboard input in watch music search.
- The voice assistant adds features such as guessing riddles, playing idiom solitaire, checking travel restrictions, finding mobile phones, and invoking remote control to take pictures.
- Click the “More Settings” (four dots) button on the watch music playback interface, and you can freely choose to play via Bluetooth headset or watch.
- In the Do Not Disturb mode, support the screen to turn on when you raise your wrist and solve the problem that the screen does not turn on when you turn on Do Not Disturb when you raise your wrist.
- Optimize system stability in some situations.
How to update your Huawei Watch 3:
- After configuring the WiFi for the watch, tap the upper button on the watch, and select Settings> System and Update> Software Update from the options.
- Click Check for updates and follow the prompts to complete the watch software version update.
- Please keep the power of the device greater than 45% before the upgrade installation
- Please ensure that the WLAN is connected during the upgrade process
- 1. In order to get a better user experience, please go to the Huawei App Market to update the “Sports and Health” app to the latest version.
2. Please keep the network connection during the update process, if the update fails, please try again.
3. The update process of the wearable device may be longer, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will automatically restart after the system is updated
Huawei Watch Fit mini launched, stripped version of Watch Fit
On 21st October 2021, Huawei launch the Watch Fit mini, the smaller version of Watch Fit in the German market. Similar to the previous Watch Fit, the mini version adopts a classic rectangular watch design, offers various health features, and provides a battery backup for up to 2 weeks.
Besides the latest offerings, it has three beautiful colors of Frosty White, Mocha Brown, and Taro Purple which are suitable for every wrist. However, the users will be able to buy this latest smartwatch by the 11th of November 2021 that has been priced at €99 only in Germany.
As this watch isn’t available for purchase yet, we can discuss its functionality and offering at present. Below you can check its major highlights-
Huawei Watch Fit mini Specifications:
- Classic watch design
- 24 x 7 health monitoring features
- Personal Trainer
- Personal Assistant
- 2 Weeks battery life
This mini smartwatch embraces a rectangular design with rounded corners and metallic edge finishing. The watch case is framed with a 1.47 inch AMOLED FullView touchscreen display that offers over 300 watch faces from the store.
Its precision-made crown is mounted on the right giving more control to the user. Overall, this watch gave a sporty look meanwhile persevering its authentic elegance and top priority functionality.
Health monitoring features:
The health monitoring feature is the next thing we look forward to a smartwatch and the Watch Fit mini won’t disappoint the fitness freaks. Furthermore, synchronizing the watch with the Huawei Health App will get you to analyze the recorded data in a graph, so you prepare a better strategy. At present, you can check the main health features.
- Record of the menstrual cycle
- TruSleep 2.0 sleep tracking
- All-day SpO2 measurement
- Recording of the heart rate around the clock
- TruRelax stress control
Personal Trainer: 96 Workout modes
Same as the original Watch Fit, the mini smartwatch also offers 96 different indoor and outdoor training modes. It includes walking, running, cycling, skating, and so on. Additionally, users can also set daily activity goals, steps, and activity hours, to let the watch act as your personal trainer.
I am sure you have already heard about the rope skipping mode, that has been preinstalled in this mini watch. It offers you keeping an eye on your heart rate, calorie consumption, and more during the entire session.
The Huawei Watch Fit mini provides a battery life of up to 14 days for typical use. Meanwhile, the users can operate this watch for up to 10 days in intensive scenarios. Furthermore, its fast charging support filled the 2 days of battery life in just 5 minutes.
Besides all the above-mentioned functions, your will be able to enjoy the wrist assistant. The smartwatch will provide basic instant controls to you for easy convenience, which includes the following-
- Remote shutter release: This is the coolest function while taking group photos. It let to control your smartphone camera from a certain distance.
- Control your music: Stram the playlist you like without opening the smartphone. All the music control over the watch display.
- Call notification: It shows instance call notifications, so you can decide if the other person is important or not.
- Instant message replies: There are some customized messages that work with an automatic instant message reply algorithm.