Day by Day, smart wearables such as Smartwatches and Smart fitness bands are getting way smarter with their new fitness features. These features include SpO2 measurement, sleep tracking, and the most popular – heart rate monitoring.
To measure heart rate, Huawei smartwatches come with a heart rate sensor that measures your heart rate in Beats per Minute. Huawei smartwatches also have TruSeen technology, the company introduced it in 2012 in Huawei Lab.
Currently, Huawei Huawei has introduced Huawei TruSeen 4.0, which is advanced in terms of AI algorithms and neural network processing to provide better and clearer heart rates.
The TruSeen 4.0 heart rate monitoring technology and sensor enable the smartwatch to monitor the user’s heart rate even in the background. Not only is it energy-efficient, but the smartwatch also intelligently adjusts the interval between reading according to the user’s activity levels, keeping a 24-hour record of the user’s heart rate variability and resting heart rate.
Heart rate measurement
- Keep your arm still and wear your watch correctly.
- From the home screen press the Up button, swipe until you find Heart rate. Touch Heart rate. The watch will then measure your current heart rate.
- To pause the heart rate measurement, swipe right on your watch screen. It usually takes approximately 6 to 10 seconds to display the first measurement value (1 to 2 seconds if Continuous heart rate monitoring is enabled in the Huawei Health app and MONITORING MODE is set to Real-time), and the data updates every 5 seconds afterward. A complete measurement takes approximately 45 seconds to complete.
- To guarantee a more accurate heart rate measurement, wear the watch correctly and ensure the strap is fastened. Make sure that your watch is secure on your wrist. Ensure that the watch body is in direct contact with your skin without any obstructions.
- This measurement may also be affected by some external factors such as low ambient temperatures, arm movements, or tattoos on your arm.
Setting the heart rate zone calculation method
The heart rate interval can be calculated based on the maximum heart rate percentage or HRR percentage. To set the heart rate interval calculation method, open the Huawei Health app, go to Me > Settings > Heart rate limit and zones, and set the Calculation method to either Maximum heart rate percentage or HRR percentage.
- If you select Maximum heart rate percentage as the calculation method, the heart rate zone for different types of workout activities (Extreme, Anaerobic, Aerobic, Fat-burning, and Warm-up) is calculated based on your maximum heart rate (“220 – your age” by default). Heart rate = Maximum heart rate x Maximum heart rate percentage.
- If you select HRR percentage as the calculation method, the heart rate interval for different types of workout activities (Advanced anaerobic, Basic anaerobic, Lactic acid, Advanced aerobic, and Basic aerobic) is calculated based on your heart rate reserve (HRmax – HRrest). Heart rate = Heart rate reserve x Heart rate reserve percentage + Resting heart rate.
- The heart rate zone calculation methods, while you are running, are not affected by the settings in the Huawei Health app. For most running courses, HRR percentage is selected by default.
Your watch will display different colors when your heart rate reaches corresponding zones during a workout.
Measuring your heart rate during a workout
- After you start a workout, swipe on the watch screen to check your real-time heart rate and heart rate zone.
- After completing your workout, you can check your average heart rate, maximum heart rate, and heart rate zone on the workout results screen.
- You can view graphs that show the changes in heart rate, maximum heart rate, and average heart rate for each workout under Exercise records in the Huawei Health app.
- Your heart rate will not be displayed if you remove the watch from your wrist during the workout. However, the watch will continue to search for your heart rate for a while. The measurement will resume once you wear the watch again.
- Your watch can measure your heart rate when you have connected it to your phone and started a workout using the Huawei Health app.
Continuous heart rate monitoring
To enable this feature, connect your watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app and enable Continuous heart rate monitoring in the Huawei Health app. Once this feature is enabled, your watch can measure your real-time heart rate.
Set the MONITORING MODE to Smart or Real-time.
– Smart mode
- The heart rate measurement will be performed every 10 minutes for low-intensity activities (such as when you are not moving).
- The heart rate measurement will be performed every 10 minutes for moderate-intensity activities (such as when you are walking).
- The heart rate measurement will be performed once a second for high-intensity activities (such as when you are running) and it takes 6 to 10 seconds to display the first heart rate value, though this may vary between individuals).
– Real-time mode: The heart rate measurement will be performed once a second for any type of activity intensity.
When this feature is enabled, the watch will continuously measure your real-time heart rate. You can view graphs for your heart rate in the Huawei Health app.
Using Real-time mode will increase the power consumption of your watch while Smart mode will adjust the heart rate measurement interval based on the intensity of your activity, thus reducing power consumption.
Resting heart rate measurement:
Resting heart rate refers to the heart rate when it is measured in a quiet and relaxed environment when you are awake. It is a general indicator of cardiovascular health.
The best time to measure your resting heart rate is immediately after you have woken up in the morning. Your actual resting heart rate may not be displayed or accurately measured if your heart rate was measured at the wrong time.
To automatically measure your heart rate, enable Continuous heart rate monitoring in the Huawei Health app.
If “–” is displayed as the resting heart rate reading, it indicates that your watch was unable to measure your resting heart rate. In this case, ensure that you measure your resting heart rate in a quiet and relaxed environment when you are awake. It is recommended that you measure your resting heart rate immediately after you wake up in the morning for the most accurate result.
If you disable Continuous heart rate monitoring after checking your resting heart rate, the resting heart rate displayed in the Huawei Health app will remain the same.
Heart rate warning:
After you start a workout using your watch, your watch will vibrate to alert you that your heart rate value has exceeded the upper limit for more than 10 seconds. To view and configure your heart rate limit, perform the following:
Open the Huawei Health app, go to Me > Settings > Heart rate limit and zones and select your desired heart rate limit. The following figure shows how to set your heart rate limit:
- The default heart rate limit is 220 – age, which is obtained from the personal information you enter.
- If you disable voice guidance for individual workouts, you will only be alerted through vibrations and card prompts.
- Heart rate alerts are only available during active workouts and are not generated during daily monitoring.
Heart Rate alerts:
After you start a workout using your watch, your watch will vibrate to alert you that your heart rate value has exceeded the upper limit for more than 10 seconds. To view and your heart rate limit, perform the following:
To enable High heart rate alerts for your resting heart rate, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices then your device, go to Continuous heart rate monitoring > High heart rate alert and set your heart rate upper limit. Then, touch OK. When you are not doing any exercise, you will receive an alert when your resting heart rate stays above your set limit for more than 10 minutes.
To enable Low heart rate alerts for your resting heart rate, open the Huawei Health app, touch Devices then your device, go to Continuous heart rate monitoring > Low heart rate alert and set your heart rate lower limit. Then, touch OK. When you are not doing any exercise, you will receive an alert when your resting heart rate stays below your set limit for more than 10 minutes.
How to download and install Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) beta
Samsung One UI 4 is based on Android 12, and there are a bunch of new features that come with this new software. However, One UI 4 is currently only available to download under the beta mode, and here you’ll learn how to download and install One UI 4 beta on your Samsung device.
Before we begin, you should know something about the beta program as well as the beta testing process. Samsung One UI Beta program is a software testing activity that allows you to enter and test the features of unreleased Android software and provide your feedback to the company to enhance its features.
To be mentioned, One UI beta build is developed for testing purposes and may include bugs, issues, and inaccurate or perform unexpected tasks on your One UI 4 beta-powered device. So, you should think twice before you want to enroll with the One UI 4 beta program.
The beta program develops the software experience throughout a timeline and brings a few features that remain under development during the course of beta testing (until stable rollout).
Now, let’s dive into the download and install Samsung One UI 4 beta
How to sign up:
First, you need a Samsung account, if you don’t have one, create it and follow the instructions given below.
- Open Samsung Members app
- Login to your Samsung account
- Select “Notice“
- Tap on the beta banner
- Tap enroll to submit your beta application
- Before you begin to install the One UI 4 beta you should back up your data. You can use the Samsung Smart Switch PC version. Due to the nature of the beta software, it may cause any data loss.
How to Download and Install:
You must complete this enrollment process to move on to the download and installation process. Thereafter, follow the steps given below.
- Open Settings
- Software update
- Download and install
For you to remember, the One UI Beta Program is expanding gradually to One UI Beta Program participants.
How to downgrade:
You can also downgrade from your Beta program and get back to the previous One UI version. To download, you need to withdraw your beta testing application via Settings > One UI Beta Program status > Withdraw menu.
Now, you need to remove the beta software from the testing device. In this regard, you need to rollback to the previous release version by the Smart Switch PC version app on your computer. The rollback reset the device and removes data generated during beta testing.
How to feedback:
As mentioned above, One UI beta testers have the ability to provide their valuable feedback and enable the possibility of further improvements in the software system.
You can submit your feedback via the Samsung Members app on your smartphone. Follow the guidance below to file your feedback:
- Open Samsung Members app
- Select Beta feedback
- Send feedback
Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.
On the other hand, to provide UI or UX-related feedback, select Beta community and then Suggestions.
How about the official version:
Users will be able to download the One UI 4.0 official version once the testing finishes.
How to set video as a watch face in Huawei Watch 3 series
Huawei Watch 3 will allows setting your own animated Watch face with a duration of 5 – 10 seconds. Have you ever thought about doing so but couldn’t identify how to? No worries, in this article I’ll give to the details producer so you can set a video that inspires you most.
Apart from being fun, video watch faces can also be used to keep yourselves motivated all time. You can choose from different videos, adjust the video part accordingly to what you want to look at, and set it as the watch face on the Huawei Watch 3.
Below you can check the step by step by guide to set a video as a watch face.
- Open the Huawei Health App on your smartphone
- Now tap of Devices in (option available at the bottom bar)
- Select the smartwatch- Huawei Watch 3
- Afterward, click on the More option
- Head to the “Mine” section, here you’ll see the video in the edits
- From here you can choose one of your favorite videos and trim and edit it
- Once the trimmed video is saved on your smartphone, it’ll successfully apply to your Huawei Watch 3 watchface
In addtition, this latest watch also offers about 30 pre-installed faces that perfectly go with your daily style for various occasions. Adding to this, you can also find over 1000 designs on the Huawei Watch Face Store on the Health App to give a little renovation to your style.
Hope you have learned the procedure, which is really easy. Be unique with this flagship Huawei smartwatch and keep all your favorite moments with you. Stay connected for more tips. 🙂
How to test your stress level with Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro
We are living in an uncertain and stressful time that that’s why we need constant monitoring of our stress levels and entire lifestyle. Stress is something we all encounter, whether it’s particular situations in our lives or just a hectic day at work.
But, it can leave an impact on our health and lives, which is why stress detection, guided breathing, and mindfulness are all becoming key features.
With the advancement of technology, now the big wearable manufacture brands like Huawei, Apple, Fitbit, and more offering stress monitoring features with them.
Tracking your stress level gives you a better understanding of the strain and stress you’re putting on your body that could impact future workout sessions.
Here’s are the steps that you can follow on your Huawei smartwatch to test the stress level and view the stress data:
How to measure your stress level:
Stress level on a one-off basis:
- Open Huawei Health App
- Tap on the Stress card
- Tap on Stress Test to start
- Follow the on-screen functions to calibrate your stress level
Stress level on a periodic basis:
- Open Huawei Health App
- Tap on the Health monitoring
- Enable Automatic Stress Test
- Follow the on-screen functions to calibrate your stress level
- Wearable your watch correctly and keep it still to enable Huawei Watch 3 stress level feature.
- The Watch will not test your stress level while you are doing a workout or moving your writs too frequently.
- The accuracy of the stress test may be affected if the user has just taken caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and other drugs.
- It may also be affected when the user suffers from heart disease or asthma is exercising or wears the watch incorrectly.
How to use Huawei Watch 3 stress level feature
Using Huawei Watch:
- Open the In-app list on your watch by pressing up-button
- Tap on the Stress option
- Touch it to view the graph indicating changes to your stress level and including
the stress bar chart, your stress level, and your stress interval.
Using Huawei Health App:
- Open Huawei Health App
- Tap on the Stress card to view your latest stress level and your daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly stress curve and corresponding advice.