This year Huawei launched two next-gen smartwatches named Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro with extraordinary features. These are the first smart wearables that come pre-installed with the HarmonyOS system.
Alongside the Huawei devices, these smartwatches are also compatible with Android and iOS-based devices. However, some negligible amount of features might not be accessible on Android and iOS but almost all of them do.
If you have purchased the Huawei Watch 3 and 3 Pro and trying to pair it with your device then here are the steps to help you do so. The first thing you’ll need to pair the watch with your Huawei device is the Health app that can be easily downloaded from the AppGallery, Play Store, or the App Store (iOS).
Make sure that your smartphone has the latest OS version installed and that should be HarmonyOS 2 for Huawei phone, Android 6 or later for Android, and iOS 9.0 for Apple.
Pair with HarmonyOS/Android:
- Open the Health app and go to Devices > ADD. The app will then automatically search for the devices that it can connect to. Touch the LINK next to the target device and follow the onscreen instructions to finish pairing.
- Open Health app > Devices > ADD. (The app will search for devices to connect)
- Tap on LINK, option next to the target device, and follow onscreen instructions to finish pairing.
- If you can’t see any target device in the list then, touch ADD > select target device > touch PAIR. (Now follow onscreen instructions to finish pairing)
- Alternatively, you can also scan the QR code on the watch and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Touch SCAN, scan the QR code on the device and follow the onscreen instructions to finish pairing.
- When a pairing request is displayed on the device screen, touch the checked icon to start pairing. Confirm the pairing on your phone as well.
Pair with iOS:
- Open the Health app, go to Devices > ADD, select the device you want to pair with, and touch PAIR.
- For some device models, you need to pair your device with the phone via Bluetooth. Follow the on-screen instructions to select your device from the Bluetooth settings screen.
- Open the Health app, touch Next, and follow the onscreen instructions to finish pairing.
Connect via Bluetooth
- For some devices, you need to pair with the phone via Bluetooth. Then follow the onscreen instruction to select the device from the Bluetooth setting screen.
- When a pairing request is displayed on your device, touch complete after the pairing is complete, touch Next.
- Open Health app > Devices > ADD > select the device > then tap PAIR.