Huawei launched its latest generation of smartwatches, the Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro on June 02, 2021. Both of these smart wearables come with a new range of hardware capabilities and first in the category with a pre-installed HarmonyOS operating system.
The Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro features a round-shaped AMOLED display, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and out of the HarmonyOS 2.0 user experience. The Watch 3 and the 3 Pro differ in battery capacity with the base variant having 450mAh, while the Pro has 790mAh.
Huawei Watch 3 supported Android and iOS devices
Apart from the Huawei phones, the Watch 3 series watches are also supported on Android and iOS devices. However, it may vary on their versions and some of the features also may not be supported.
The Android devices that are running on Android 6.0 or above are compatible with this watch. While for iOS users, the device should have iOS 9.0 or above installed. Both these least supported Android and iOS versions are older and there is hardly any device to have these versions installed now when there are Android 12 and iOS 15 trending.
Huawei Watch 3 functions compatible with Android and iOS
Both Android and iOS have different functionality and supports different types of features. below you can check some of the important changes that you’ll find while connecting Huawei Watch 3 to either Android or iOS.
Huawei Watch 3
- The smart mode in typical scenarios – Connected with an Android device the Watch 3 can provide up to 3 days of battery backup, while for the iOS it only lasts about 1.5 days.
- Ultra-long battery life mode – For both Android and iOS, the estimated battery life is 14 days.
Huawei Watch 3 Pro
- The smart mode in typical scenarios – The Watch 3 Pro gives around 5 days of battery backup when connected to an Android device and 2.5 days back up with iOS.
- Ultra-long battery life mode – It provides 21 days battery backup when the watch when connected to iOS and Android.
With the eSIM feature on the Huawei Watch 3 series, users can answer the incoming calls right from the watch itself. And there are lots of other stuff that can be done using the eSIM functionality. Both iOS and Android users can take full advantage of this feature.
There are several connectivity options in the Watch 3 series,s such as Cellular network (3G/4G), Bluetooth calls are supported, and VoLTE, WLAN (2.4G). All these mentioned features are also available on Android and iOS devices.
Watch face is the first screen that pops up when you lift the smartwatch or when it gets turned on. There are numerous watch faces available for Huawei Watch 3. They come pre-installed with the watch and also available on the Huawei Themes app.
There are different kinds of watch faces supported on both iOS and Android as follows:
- Multifunction watch faces
- Dynamic watch faces
- Gallery watch faces
- Video watch faces DIY
Just like any other smartwatch, Huawei Watch 3 also comes with numerous workout modes which helps you to be healthy and fit. Below are all the support workout modes of Watch 3 on Android and iOS devices:
- 19 professional workout modes
- workout autodetect
- Workout heart rate monitoring
- GPS tracking
- Running courses
- Smart companion
- Workout status
- GPS route back
The Watch 3 has an entire health monitoring system with over 100 workout modes, skin temperature detection4, fall detection, SOS alert, and much more. The watch is loaded with health monitoring features such as heart rate, SpO2, sleep, and pressure.
Supported health features on iOS and Android:
- Heart rate monitoring
- Skin temperature measurement
- Sleep tracking
- Breathing exercise
- Stress tests
- Bood Oxygen monitoring
- Fall detection & SOS
- Handwashing detection
Smart life features are the ones that make your life easy with their convenience of use. The Huawei Watch 3 series comes with a number of smart features that allow users to remotely access their smartphone. These are as follows:
- Message notifications
- Phone SMS reply (Only on Android)
- “Hey Celia” voice assistant
- Gesture recognition
- Voice notes
Other features which are supported on Android and iOS devices include some basics such as Find my phone, Alarm, Weather, Ultra-long battery life mode, and Watch AppGallery. Apart from this, there’s the Huawei Music which you can use in Android while it is not present on iOS.
What’s not supported?
After looking at the long list of the supported feature, it seems that almost every feature is supported on both Android and iOS. Well, still there are some which these users can’t access on the Watch 3 unless they have a Huawei smartphone. These unsupported features are as follows:
- MeTime is only supported on Huawei phones running EMUI 11.0 or later, while iOS completely discard this feature.
- Huawei Share OneHop is one of the advanced watch face feature which is also unavailable on iOS completely and on Android leaving Huawei device with EMUI 11.0 or later.
- Huawei Music is not available on iOS
Things to note:
1. MeeTime and “Hey Celia” voice assistant only applies to specified countries/regions.
3. Only free-of-charge watch faces can be downloaded to iOS phones.
4. Video watch faces DIY, Skin temperature measurement, Phone SMS reply, and Gesture recognition will be supported via OTA.
5. Product features may vary depending on the country/region.