Huawei Technologies provides a wide range of solutions including Cloud and AI business for the industry. And according to a new report, Huawei may soon enter a new business field later this year.
Huawei will establish a Cloud and AI Business Group in South Korea this year, to step foot in the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) server market, which is currently under the dominance of NVidia, reported Korean new agency TheElec.
According to the source, the Chinese tech giant is currently recruiting experts for this particular business organization and the new business group will be placed under its Enterprise division.
Last year, Huawei unveiled its Ascend 910, calling it the world’s most high-quality AI processor. Ascend 910 boasts a speed of 256TeraFLOPS. This is about the twice as fast speed of NVidia’s GPU Tesla V100. Ascend 910 is built with 7nm+ technology, while Tesla V100 is with the 12nm.
Huawei also launched Kunpeng 920, In the SPECint benchmark suite of 12 programs designed to test integer performance — the Kunpeng 920 chipset scored over 930, or almost 25% higher than the industry benchmark while drawing 30% less power than that offered by industry incumbents.
Huawei launched first ever public diversified cluster computing solution in China
At Huawei Connect 2021 Conference, Huawei launched the first-ever public diversified cluster computing solution in China. Its application scenario includes AI computing centers, high-tech computing centers, and multicultural big data centers.
The company’s ICT product and solution line President Wang Tao informed that it’s first public diversified computing power service platform that can achieve energy efficiency PUE to provide a full computing usage effectiveness.
Computing power clusters provide large computing power to accelerate the latest technology adoption and industrial development in this digital economy epoch. Still, the low utilization rate of computing power and high threshold use are some problems current in the industry.
Huawei Cluster Computing Solution:
In order to tackle these problems, Huawei brought us the cluster computing solution with four major advanced properties compared with conventional data centers. Check the below-mentioned points.
- Diverse computing power scenarios: Huawei’s computing solution supports multiple scenarios such as AI, HPC, and big data that makes it a diverse computing platform.
- Fast Construction: With high-density complete cabinets and the prefabricated modular computer room, it reduces the construction period by 2 years to 6 months.
- Productive Computing Power Employment: Using the innovative and diverse computing power fusion scheduling, this computing solution has 50 – 80% productive employment.
- Convenient Power Use: Huawei’s cluster computing solution lessens the power acquisition from few weeks to few minutes.
Currently, the Wuhan Artificial Intelligence Computing Center project is using this cluster solution. Its main motive is to support the digital transformation of thousands of industries.
About Huawei Connect 2021:
On 23rd September, Huawei inaugurated the Huawei Full Connect 2021 Conference on the online platform under the theme “Deepening Digitalization”. At the event, it has introduced many advanced products of the company such as Virtual human- Yunsheng, 11 major scenarios based solutions, and so on.
Huawei HDC Cloud 2021: Keynote, Schedule, Activities and more
Huawei Developer Cloud conference is going to held from April 24 to April 26, 2021. No doubts that Huawei Cloud Services is growing as time goes. The extremely cost-effective characteristics of the service provide benefits to both the company and the consumer.
As the future approaches, the Cloud has been crossing the limits providing new solutions to satisfy the problems with ease and its use in the industry is growing in a super-fast manner.
The software developers want to make their contribution in the cloud technology research and innovation. Huawei Technology aims to give them a platform to discuss the scope, opportunity, and solutions to jointly try out new things.
This three-day conference is scheduled as mentioned below:
- 24 April: Summit, Technical Forum, Development Training Camp, Sweeper Monk Meeting, Interactive Exhibition Area (Collages and university visitors)
- 25 April: Keynote Speech
- 26 April: Summit, Technical Forum, Development Training Camp, Sweeper Monk Meeting, Interactive Exhibition Area.
The only motive of this conference is to showcase the revolutionary development of AI Cloud technology, which accelerates smart industrialization and bringing us towards a more smart era.
The Schedule Timeline for the Keynote Speech includes the following topics and representatives:
09:30 – 09:55 (GMT+8)
- HUAWEI CLOUD: Supercharging the Intelligent Upgrade of Business
- Representative: Yu Chengdong (Richard Yu), Executive Director, CEO of Cloud BU, CEO of Consumer Business Group, Huawei
09:55 – 10:25 (GMT+8)
- Cloud-Native 2.0: All-in-Cloud and Full-Stack Intelligence
- Representative: Bruno Zhang, CTO, Cloud BU, Huawei
- Representative: Zhang Lei, Zhang Lei
10:25 – 10:55 (GMT+8)
- Topic: New Model of AI Industrial Development
- Representative: Dr. Tian Qi, Chief Scientist in AI, Cloud BU, Huawei, IEEE Fellow
- Representative: Zhou Jie, Assistant Manager of Intelligent Operation & Inspection Branch, State Grid Chongqing Yongchuan Power Supply Company
10:55 – 11:15 (GMT+8)
- Topic: Powering Diversified Computing Through Basic Software Innovation
- Representative: Xiong Yan, President, Computing Product Line R&D, Huawei
11:15 – 11:35 (GMT+8)
- Topic: Next-Generation Cloud-Native Development Tools
- Representative: Wang Yawei, Chief Expert of Huawei Cloud Software Development Tools and Efficiency, Director of Development Tools Technology Management Group, Huawei
11:35 – 11:45 (GMT+8)
- Topic: Huawei Developer Program 2021 Launch, Seeking Continuous Enablement
- Representative: Zhang Ping’an, President of Cloud BU, President of Consumer Cloud Service, Huawei
Huawei must use 30-years of network industry experience in the Cloud service market and build new features: Founder
On January 3, 2020, at the Enterprise Business and Cloud Business Conference, Ren Zhengfei (founder and CEO of Huawei) delivered a speech, which was recently released by the Huawei President’s office.
In his speech, Ren first proposed his goals and positioning of Huawei Cloud but the Huawei founder only pointed out the direction that Huawei Cloud needs to take to grow further.
Ren said, “We must do something not do something or not everything”.
By learning from the market giants such as Amazon and Microsoft, we must also accumulate Huawei’s 30-year network experience in the cloud service market and build new features for customers.
“We cannot simply take the same path as Alibaba and Amazon. We do not have so much money, they’ve inexhaustible money in the US stock market,” said Ren.
Huawei wants to build a leading ICT infrastructure and it must win in-network, computing and enterprise, and Huawei Cloud.
In his closing words, Ren emphasized that one is to reduce the combat surface, the other is to carefully figure out the combat structure/strategy. It’s necessary to be able to clarify the strategic policy of operations, to figure out what boats and bridges are used to cross the river, and not to run the enterprise with slogans.
Huawei Cloud is the cloud service brand of Huawei. Currently, Huawei Cloud has launched more than 200 services, developed more than 1.5 million developers and nearly 20,000 partners. By the end of June 2019, the HUAWEI CLOUD had 180+ cloud services and 180+ solutions.