On 27th April 2021, Huawei and the Industry Promotion Committee in Beijing jointly conducted the 4th MEC Hackathon at the China Cloud Network Conference 2021.
The 2021 MEC Hackathon intends to collaborate and innovates the MEC, fuel MEC application innovation to gain benefits under a win-win situation.
MCE is the core characteristics, which bring us towards more diverse industries, including smart transportation, smart energy, smart education, and smart healthcare. This event encourages the university talents to extends their limits and find solutions related to the commercial use of MEC in various industries.
- China Communications Standards Association (CCSA)
- SDN/NFV/AI Standards and Industry Promotion Committee
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
- The IMT-2020 (5G) Promotion Group
- Three major telecom operators of China
This cutting-edge competition makes the participant go beyond their limits to find more innovative solutions. The contestant goes through a refining process, which includes-
- Develop the applications on EdgeGallery
- Debugging of developed applications
- Presentation of the applications at the MEC lab of the Committee
- Sharing of ideas with operators, telecom equipment vendors, and industry partners
Previously, on the 3rd MEC Hackathon, 13 teams were registered for the last round, among them, six were awarded the “Excellence Award”. The winner list includes Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd., DALU Robotech Technology Co., Ltd., Changsha Jimu AI Technology Co., Ltd., XENIRO (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., China United Network Communications Group Co., Ltd., and Hangzhou Ruitu Information Technology Co., Ltd.