Today, Huawei organized a pre-communication meeting for Huawei Developer Conference 2021 (Cloud) in Beijing. The Senior Vice President of Huawei Technologies and Vice President of Cloud and Computing BG Zhang Shunmao said at the meeting that Huawei will release six major innovative technologies and products in HDC.Cloud 2021. The areas involved include:
- Artificial intelligence
- Multi-party trusted computing
- Operating systems
- Intelligent development tools
In addition, Huawei plans to invest more than 200 million US dollars in 2021 for ecological construction.
HDC.Cloud 2021 will be held in Shenzhen University City from April 24th to 26th, 2021. The theme of this conference is “Every developer is great”. As an annual event for Huawei’s ICT infrastructure business for global developers, HDC.Cloud 2021 will bring together industry leaders, Huawei scientists, top technical experts, talented teenagers, and many developers to discuss and share the depth of the latest ICT technology in the industry. Innovation and application.
“Huawei hopes to build a platform for global developers to learn, communicate, display, and improve through HDC.Cloud 2021, and gather top developers and partners around the world to discuss the latest technology and application practices to promote the development of the ICT industry. rapid development,”said Zhang Shunmao
At this HDC.Cloud 2021 Conference, there will be many highlights and innovations:
- Six major innovative technologies and products are released: In the keynote speech session of HDC.Cloud 2021, Huawei will release six major innovative technologies and products, including Huawei cloud container engine (CCE), artificial intelligence series large model, Huawei Cloud GaussDB Cloud services, Huawei Cloud Trusted Intelligent Computing Service (TICS), openEuler operating system, and Huawei Cloud DevCloud software development services.
- Top guest lineup: There will be a number of industry top celebrities, industry well-known experts, and Huawei scientists attending HDC.Cloud 2021, dozens of Huawei’s mysterious “sweepers” and talented youths will also make a collective appearance, open source leaders from the open-source community will Will join hands to present a gluttonous feast of technology and ideas for developers. In addition, Huawei’s executive director, cloud and computing BG president, and consumer business CEO Yu Chengdong will also appear at this conference and deliver a keynote speech.
- Cutting-edge technology and best industry practices: This conference will set up 200+ special forums. Hundreds of top experts from Huawei and partners will focus on cloud computing, Kunpeng, Shengteng, artificial intelligence, big data, and databases. In-depth interpretation and sharing of technical hotspots, best practices, and development trends in various fields such as operating systems.
- Close exchange opportunities: During the conference, there will be a number of Huawei “Sweeper Monk” meetings, technical roundtables, and other activities. Dozens of Huawei’s mysterious “sweepers”, talented teenagers, and industry masters with unique skills will work with developers to have face-to-face exchanges and collisions of ideas in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Rich hands-on practice and competitive competition: 100+ Codelabs will be set up at the conference site, as well as on-site competition activities such as developer competitions, so that developers can practice, fully participate, and show their skills.
In terms of the format of the conference, this year’s HDC.Cloud 2021 has three characteristics:
- Using a combination of offline events and online live broadcasts, there will be 18 online live broadcast channels for global live broadcasts, creating a full-scene online and offline experience for developers.
- Using the global and regional linkage model, 70+ sub-venues around the world are linked to the main venue at the same time.
- The main venue will be set up in Shenzhen University City and will be co-organized with major universities across the country. There will be more than 20 well-known universities set up HDC.Cloud 2021 branch venues.
Zhang said that the three features of HDC.Cloud 2021 will not only enrich the content and format of the event, and have a wider range of participants, but also aim to better convey the spirit of “openness, sharing, and collaboration”.
More than 200 million U.S. dollars will be invested in ecological construction in 2021
The innovation and reconstruction of digital technology are accelerating, and the intelligent world is within reach. Zhang Shunmao said in the smart world, developers are given more important responsibilities and meanings. Developers are not only the soul of the ICT industry ecosystem but also the engine of enterprise innovation and the power to change the world.
Huawei Cloud has put Huawei in the ICT industry for more than 30 years. The accumulation of technology and product solutions in the field is open to customers, providing stable, reliable, safe, reliable, and sustainable cloud services, and committed to becoming the best application construction platform, enabling applications, enabling data, and being the “black” of the intelligent world. Land’. Huawei Cloud fully supports developers to build applications for thousands of industries on the “black land” to help the digital transformation of all industries.”Huawei attaches great importance to the development of the developer ecosystem.
In 2019, Huawei released the Fertile Soil Plan 2.0, announcing that it will invest 1.5 billion US dollars in ecological construction in the next five years and develop 5 million developers worldwide.
In 2020, Huawei will invest US$200 million in ecological construction, covering universities, developers, partners, and start-ups. In terms of talent training in colleges and universities, the Ministry of Education jointly initiated the construction of a “smart base” production-education integration and collaborative education base.
In terms of developers, by providing development kits, developer communities, training courses, and technical salon empowerment, etc., an open platform is created to enable developers to develop applications and improve development skills easily and quickly.
In terms of partners, Huawei Cloud has gathered more than 19,000 partners, based on Kunpeng and Shengteng who have completed thousands of solutions for certified partners. In terms of start-ups, it has established contacts with hundreds of start-ups and provided free cloud resource support or technical support for enterprises. In 2021, Huawei will continue to increase investment, with an ecological construction budget exceeding US$200 million.
5.5G is coming, Huawei suggests ten times improvements
On August 3, at the 5G-Advanced Innovation Industry summit, Huawei’s MD and President of ICT Products and Solutions Wang Tao explained six innovative directions for 5.5G, as its arrival is upfront.
The name itself clears that the 5.5G is an advanced version of the 5G network with some extra capabilities over the base network. Huawei claims that 5.5G can improve the real-time interaction experience, enhance cellular IoT capabilities, and explore new scenarios.
According to the info, Wang Tao stated that 5.5G should innovate in six different directions in order to achieve more than 10 times capacity improvements. These six areas of innovations include:
- Spectrum reconstruction
- Uplink enhancement
- Full scenario IoT
- L4 autonomous driving network
- Green and low carbon
In order to achieve the 5.5G’s extreme capabilities, the current 5G network needs to be enhanced in a number of ways. The enhancements are required in upstream and downstream rates, high precision positioning, and connection density. Moreover, the requirements also suggest adding new capabilities such as perception.
Xu Wenwei, Huawei’s director and dean of Strategic Research institute said that the 5.5G is the next level over the current 5G network. The advanced network is derived from the 5G and it should support all the 5G devices.
Furthermore, he adds that the 5.5G network should be compatible to support the sub-100GHz full frequency band.
5.5 will provide Gbps downlink at a low latency of 5ms compared to 5G
5.5G is an innovation on which Huawei is continuously working. The Chinese tech giant predicts that the 5.5G will outperform the current 5G network in many aspects. After continuous work over the 5.5G network, Huawei plans to go beyond 5.5G along with its partners between 2025 and 2030. Read more here
Huawei announced 100 million USD ecosystem development plan for Asia Pacific
At the Huawei Cloud Spark Summit, the Chinese tech giant announced a 100 million USD startup support plan for the Aisa Pacific region. The company selects four countries including Indonesia, the Philippines, Shri Lanka, and Vietnam to develop the startup hub. Furthermore, this plan target to support about 1,000 startups from these countries.
Catherine Chen, Senior Vice President and Board Member of Huawei informed that Huawei itself a startup with a registered capital of 5,00 dollars. So the company is thinking to help other companies with their experience and jointly developing more innovative products and solutions for the world.
Huawei Cloud History:
Huawei Cloud has been launched in 2017 and now became the world’s fastest-growing cloud service. The Spark program is one part of its strategy to drive various startups. Moving ahead, the company is working with local authorities, commanding incubators, famous VC (Virtual Circuit) firms, and top universities to provide them regional support in the startup.
To date, an estimate of 40 startups has joined the Huawei program. In this line, Huawei also launched the cloud-plus-cloud program to build a high-quality business ecosystem. Furthermore, the new program has a budget of about 40 million USD that will jointly sponsor by the Huawei Cloud and HMS (Huawei Mobile Service).
The company aims to support about 200 startups in 2021 in shared resources with the HMS ecosystem. Adding to this, 100,000 HMS developer innovation centers are also planned to empower the HMS cloud-native developers.
Huawei Cloud and Spark Program:
- Huawei Cloud-Plus-Cloud Collaboration: It works to build up to cloud startups across the globe. Besides, the company will put more effort into the ongoing programs covering technological innovation, global and local services, and business ecosystems.
- Spark Developer Program: This program is part of the Asia Pacific Spark Program aims to empower the cloud developing ecosystem across the Aisa Pacific region.
- The Spark Pitstop Program: It is designed to support the Huawei Cloud startups and speeds up the development of cloud-based products.
- Spark Innovation Program: The SIP is focused on bringing new innovations through the Spark startup ecosystem.
At last the Huawei President for Asia Pacific Region- Jeffery Liu speaks about the work of the company and concluded by announcing the Huawei startup support plan with a 100 million USD investment for the coming three years.
“For the past two decades, we have remained committed to being ‘In Asia Pacific, For Asia Pacific’ Leveraging Huawei’s global customer base and full-stack technologies, the Spark Program will invest more than US$100 million over the next three years.
And provide comprehensive support to the establishment of a sustainable startup ecosystem that creates new value for this dynamic region.” said President Liu
Huawei improved ranking in Fortune Global 500 List 2021 despite U.S. restrictions
Fortune 500 Global List for 2021 is now published, which shows that Huawei has made significant progress despite U.S. sanctions.
However, these worldwide companies show an overall decline of $31.7 trillion with a 4.8% decrease over the past five years. The expertises are blaming the global pandemic for the decline, while most of the previous firms aren’t able to make a place in the top 500 this year.
Fortune Global 500 Top 10:
The worldwide e-shopping platform – Walmart is still on top for the eighth consecutive year and recorded $523,964 million revenue this year. While the Chinese electric firm- State Grid rose to the second position and Amazon directly jumps to the third from ninth place with $383,906 and $280,522 million revenue growth.
Furthermore, the China National Petroleum, Sinopec Group, and Apple are in four, fifth and sixth positions respectively. Besides, Royal Dutch Shell, Saudi Aramco, and BP slipped out of the top 10 and making a place for CVS Health on seventh and UnitedHealth Group in the eighth position followed by Toyota Motor in ninth and Volkswagen in tenth place.
- Walmart is titled as the world’s largest company for the eighth consecutive year
- Apple is the most profitable company with a net profit of 57.4 billion USD
- It was the first time when Tesla and Netflix were listed with the 392nd and 484th position respectively
- Amazon, Alphabet, Facebook, JD.com, Alibaba, and Tencent are the event internet company listed this year
- Huawei is on the 44th position in the list
- 19 ICT companies from the US-listed this year
- Chinese firms including SAIC, Tencent, Alibaba show a significant improvement companion to last year
- China-based Xiaomi shows the largest improvement and rose by 84 places