A few days ago, Huawei rolled out a new software update for the global version of the Band 6 smart wearable and it brings a number of new features.
This big update for Huawei Band 6 is getting the addition of a new wellness app, a better training status app to monitor your health data. On the other hand, it also adds third-party operating system compatibility for various utilities and tools.
That’s not it, this update optimizes Band 6’s performance by enhancing notification view, animations, and system stability. Yes, this update seems amazing and packed with a load of new functionalities that are required to improve your user experience.
With that being said, we suggest you grab this new update as soon as it arrives. To be mentioned, this rollout has appeared after a long time, since any major software update made its way to Band 6.
According to the information, Huawei Band 6 users could identify this rollout with firmware version 188.8.131.52 and it has an OTA package size of 11.89 megabytes.
Below you can check the complete changelog of this software update:
- The Wellness app has been added, which allows you to log in when you complete the Clover quests and helps you develop healthy habits.
- Added Training status application that allows you to view data such as Running Ability Index, recovery status, training load, and VO2 Max.
- Added third-party OS compatibility for Cycle Calendar, music control, and paid watch faces in the Watch Face Store.
- Optimized notification view for some situations.
- Optimized display effects for animated watch faces.
- Optimized system stability for certain situations.
Update instructions and notes:
To download the latest firmware, open the Huawei Health app, then tap on the software updates, followed by checking for updates. The installation will take some time to transfer the update package from your smartphone to your Band 6, as we also suggest you keep both devices within range to maintain Bluetooth connectivity.
(source – Huaweiailesi)