Huawei released HarmonyOS 3.0 beta 4 for its Mate X2 foldable phones
Huawei Mate X2 users! Here is coming another beta firmware for your foldable smartphone. The company has released the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta 4 for the Huawei Mate X2 devices with some enhanced functions and the latest improvement patch.
Till now, this bumper automation of HarmonyOS 3.0 beta 4 has hit the Mate 40 series and the P50 lineup. Now, it’s time for the folding gadgets to taste new optimizations and a strengthful security patch that fixes more than 66 levels of vulnerabilities.
Yes! 66 fixes. Alternatively, if you are a Huawei Mate X2 smartphone user, you must install the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta 4 update. The update is arriving with the software version 220.127.116.11, upgraded from the 18.104.22.168 build, and carrying size of 1.23GB.
Also, you must have one of the following models in your hands:
- Huawei Mate X2 (TET-AN00/TET-AN10)
- Huawei Mate X2 4G (TET-AL00)
- Huawei Mate X2 Collector’s Edition (TET-AN50)
Why should you install the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta 4?
So far, you would have attained several beta versions of HarmonyOS 3.0. Hence, it’s obvious to think why to install this iteration. Well, the answer is that every beta rollout takes you one step closer to the stable system. Therefore, the company ensures that you as a beta user do not miss any specific build.
Particularly, if we talk about the beta 4 firmware, then the update optimizes the display effect of the home screen and its wallpapers. Further, it makes some alterations regarding the functioning and performance of the device’s system. Also, it improves the memory card and cleaning management in the handset.
So, get set and go to the Settings menu and select the System and Update option. Now, check on the latest software versions, and for the appropriate one, tap on Download and Install tab.
Points to Remember!
- The latest firmware is only available to devices running on the baseline version 22.214.171.124.
- The update will not delete any data, but it’s recommended to take a backup of all the essentials.
- Being third-party, there are chances that some apps might not function properly after the update. Do not panic, just update those applications to their latest version.
- After the update, the phone may experience heat, freeze, or slow charging. This is normal as the device performs self-adaptation actions. It will recover by itself after a certain period.