Huawei and Google are often found standing against each other. And so are their applications and services. Today, we will discuss how Huawei Pay and Google Pay provide benefits to users and which one is more efficient in terms of privacy.
To begin with, Huawei Pay comes packed inside the Huawei Wallet applications. The respective service allows its users to securely make payments around the world (global version) without any interruptions.
On the other hand, Google Pay is an independent app with fast, and easy payment methods. It uses your credit or debit card and mobile number linked with your bank account to carry out suitable actions.
It is understood that both Huawei Pay and Google Pay are online payment platforms. Both apps are used to perform digital transactions more quickly and conveniently. However, it’s time to check how Huawei Pay and Google Pay work for your privacy.
Google Pay and Huawei Pay work on NFC (Near Field Communication)-based payment mechanisms. Yet, at some points, the way to complete a payment transaction differs in both systems. Eventually, this could let you think twice before using a payment application.
Google Pay: How does it work?
Every application has a different mechanism to work. Alternatively, Google Pay handles your privacy and confidential data effectively. It asks for your credit card details and bank info to create a UPI ID and PIN.
Further, the US tech maker stores these details securely in the Google servers and sends a unique recognition code to your phone. At times of payment, the company uses this code for identification and thereafter passes the accurate information to the bank for transactions.
Huawei Pay: How does it work?
In comparison to Google Pay, Huawei Pay works in an entirely different manner. Unlike Google, Huawei does not store your card details or bank details on its servers. The company neither keeps it on your phone nor hands it out to third-party clients.
Instead, it uses a Device Card Number that resides inside your phone. While online transactions, the company does not track any information and protects your cards added to the application just like the bank does with your physical cards.
More benefits of Huawei Pay!
It’s worth mentioning that Huawei Pay brings additional benefits and facilities for consumers over Google Pay. For instance, you can use Huawei Pay without unlocking your smartphone or entering the Wallet app.
Next, Google Pay only works with a standard internet connection. But the Huawei app is free from all such limitations. Yes, you can make in-store payments in just one tap even when without internet services.
On the other hand, Google Pay still comes under privacy concerns. Users often deny using the application due to hacking reasons. While Huawei Pay has successfully crossed over 100 million monthly active users and continues to attain more consumers.
Though both applications serve beneficial features and services for users. On the other hand, both apps work deliberately to secure your details and provide you with a productive experience. However, the minor difference has a lot to say about these services.
Which payment app do you use? Google Pay or Huawei Pay or any other application? Let us know in the comment section.
December 2022 Google Play System update brings new changes to digital driver’s license
It’s December 2022, and Google is rolling out a new Play System update with a huge changelog and interesting features. Besides, the company has also added some reflective optimizations to improve the overall user experience.
In addition, the December 2022 Google Play System update brings a new beta feature for the Google Wallet. Eventually, this change is something that will enrich smart car-related operations for consumers.
As per the latest info, the latest Google Wallet beta feature will allow users to access digital driver’s licenses. In other words, you can keep your ID or license card safely on your Android devices under the Wallet application.
The purpose of this feature is to offer a digital and more secure experience to users with their ID and other informative cards. As of now, the feature is only rolling to some selected states in the US. But we could find more regions attaining this feature in the time ahead.
Although the changelog doesn’t read much information on this subject for the moment. Yet, we will inform you of the latest reports as soon as Google will hint at something on this matter.
Aside from the unique element, Google has optimized the device connectivity scenario, added new features to the Play Store, and made the system management more convenient to operate. You can have a detailed look at these features, below.
December 2022 Google Play System update – Changelog
- [Auto, Phone, TV] Bug fixes for Account Management, Security, and Updatability-related services.
Device Connectivity: Phone
- Update Case-related settings
- Reduce delays in discovering contacts via Nearby Share
- Inform the user when casting to a Tablet device needing user interaction
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the Apps and Games you love
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility
- Beta feature to allow users from selected US states to digitize their state ID/driver’s license into the Google Wallet for convenient, private, and secure presentation
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and stability.
To enjoy these new pinches on your Android phone, you must have the latest version of the Google Play services (v48.22) and Google Play Store (v33.2) on your device.
Google Play Store rules troubling Android users in US
Google Play Store has been causing some unlawful trouble for Android users in the US. As per the input revealings, the company is alleged by the California lawsuits of preserving forbidden Play Store rules and disobeying US anti-competition laws.
The story begins in July this year. The major authorities of 36 states sued the US tech maker. Accordingly, the authorities claimed that Google puts pressure on the developers for opting the Play Store practices irrespective of their convenience.
In addition, many app developers reported that Google forces them to use the Play Store in-app purchase system which cost 30% commission. Consequently, these steps keep Google far away from the market competition.
Thus, Google alleged for following illegal marketing concepts and creating trouble for Android users with Play Store rules. In the latest edition, the California lawsuits have proceeded with this matter as a consumer class action of 21 million individuals.
For your information, a class action is a type of regulation where a large number of people takes legal action against the same problem. Here, the class action consists of Android users of 12 US states including Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Eventually, this class action sought out damage of 4.7 billion USD. Meanwhile, California judge James Donato said in an order [PDF] that the company has halted the legal common practices for the tech makers in the market which leads to anti-competitive business.
Google denies the allegations
Significantly, Google kept its points in front of the lawmen and denied the allegations. The company said that they are working under legal rules and regulations without harming users’ concerns.
“We’re evaluating the ruling and after that, we’ll assess our options.”
It’s worth mentioning that Google has rolled out the user billing system to comfort developers worldwide. With this feature, developers can utilize their own in-app purchase system without making a share in the Play Store. However, the respective feature has still some time to come into effective usage.
Download Huawei Celia Keyboard [184.108.40.2069]
Huawei Celia Keyboard is the new mobile keyboard app that allows users to make voice inputs on a smartphone. Celia Keyboard comes with several new features that improve accuracy and ease while typing and was much needed as Huawei’s own keyboard app.
It supports more than 170 languages and provides thousands of emojis, cool fonts, smiley faces, and four simple keyboard themes. With Celia Keyboard, you can not only type faster but spice up your messages with cool emojis.
Celia Keyboard is consist of two parts:
- Main App
Keyboard: keyboard is the main interface, which allows users to input text and emojis, and all.
Main Application: all of the customizations could be made through the app interface which can be accessed through the app icon on the app drawer.
- Key Input Celia Keyboard supports Qwerty, Qwertz, Azerty, Colemak, and Dvorak layouts.
- Glide Input (Gesture Typing) For some languages, Celia Keyboard allows you to type by gliding, without lifting your finger from the screen. This can greatly improve the efficiency of input.
- Voice Input Celia Keyboard supports voice input (it uses Huawei ASR) and improves user input efficiency and convenience by converting voice to text.
- Input Prediction Celia Keyboard provides input prediction. Complete words are suggested based on the letters the user has typed so far. For example, when the user enters “h” and “a” on the English keyboard, Celia will suggest words such as “have” and “happy”, and the user can enter the complete word by tapping it.
- Auto-correction Celia Keyboard is an intelligent keyboard that corrects spelling mistakes made by the user when typing. For example, when the user enters “happu” on the English keyboard, “happy” will be recommended as the correct spelling, and the user can click on the word or the Space key to display the correct word.
- Next-word Suggestion Celia Keyboard will intelligently suggest the next word a user may want to input, based on the context information entered by the user. For example, after the user enters the word “happy”, Celia Keyboard may suggest words such as “birthday” to the user in the prediction bar.
- Clipboard Celia Keyboard provides the clipboard function, allowing users to manage and use their own clipboard more conveniently.
- Cursor Operation Celia Keyboard supports cursor operation, allowing users to easily select, copy, cut, and delete text.
Rich Media Input:
- Emoji Input Celia Keyboard provides more than 1,000 different emoji expressions, allowing users to express themselves more vividly in a chat.
- Emoticon Input Celia Keyboard provides a wealth of emoticons to meet the needs of users for personalized expression in a chat.
- Theme Celia Keyboard comes with four simple themes for users to choose from.
- Font Celia Keyboard provides a range of beautiful fonts for free, and users can select the fonts on the keyboard.
- Sound Celia Keyboard supports a range of keypress sounds for free, and users can change the key tone of the keyboard.
- Language Celia Keyboard supports more than 170 languages.
- Resize Keyboard In order to accommodate the diverse habits of different users, Celia Keyboard allows users to adjust the size of the keyboard, so they can type in whatever way they find most comfortable.
- Sound The settings menu includes a volume slider for keypress sounds.
- Vibration Users can enable and disable keypress vibration and adjust the duration of vibration.
- Popup on keypress The settings menu includes a switch that allows users to enable and disable popups on keypress.
- Input-related users can adjust input-related functions, such as auto-correction and auto-capitalization, in accordance with their own preferences.
- Number Row The settings menu includes a switch that allows users to choose whether to display a separate number row on the top of the keyboard layout.
- Keyboard Mode Because different users have different preferences, Celia Keyboard offers a variety of keyboard modes, and users can choose whichever one they find most comfortable.
- Keyboard Layout In order to accommodate the diverse habits of different users, Celia Keyboard allows users to choose different keyboards by language, so they can type in whatever way they find most comfortable.
- Mechanical Keyboard Celia Keyboard provides users with a mechanical keyboard mode and different mechanical stem options, giving users a different input experience.
November 28, 2022:
Huawei has released Celia Keyboard 220.127.116.119 which comes with new optimizations for a better user experience and you can download it from the link given below.