Recently, Huawei has concluded the EMUI 12 beta testing program for its flagship smartphones including the Huawei P40 series, and rolled out the stable EMUI 12 update. As per the information, the new EMUI 12 stable update changelog for the Huawei P40 series brings new features to provide a better user experience than EMUI 11.
Last November, Huawei opened the EMUI 12 early software access program for Huawei P40 series smartphones in the global market. Then, the company delivered EMUI 12 beta software update via OTA to test new EMUI 12 features ahead of a stable release.
Now, Huawei is delivering the stable EMUI 12 update for Huawei P40 smartphones launched in the global market. However, the major update is rolling out in batches and may take some to cover all the devices across the globe.
Talking about the Huawei P40 series EMUI 12 changelog, it includes a brand new neuromorphic design for UI elements, new font, smart folders, enhanced notification panel, and control panel. Additionally, it also contains smart life features such as Huawei share and more.
If you are Huawei P40 series device owner then keep checking for the EMUI 12 software update because it will surely provide a better user experience with the latest offerings. For more information, you can check the Huawei P40 series EMUI 12 full changelog mentioned below.
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
Smart life in all scenarios
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops