A consumer has recently purchased Huawei P30 Lite and post unboxing it has received 3 back to back software updates. To be mentioned, the phone ships with EMUI 9.1 out of the box.
The user told us that these software updates have been installed successfully but the version upgrade to EMUI 10.0 wasn’t.
As per the user, EMUI 10.0.0.168 had a size of 3.99GB, which brings a number of new features to the smartphone. The update package has been downloaded and verified.
As the Huawei P30 Lite restarts the screen shows an EMUI installation failed message, which is usually seen in bricked phones. The issue appears when the phone failed to install EMUI software on Huawei devices.
Recovery doesn’t work:
Once occurred, Huawei phones have an option to download the recovery EMUI image. However, it is a major flaw that we’ve seen on many Huawei devices that this option is totally useless as it doesn’t work at all on any Huawei smartphone, once its EMUI kernel is bricked.
How does It happen?
The EMUI brick issue has been there for a long time, and we’ve seen several scenarios, where the user cannot do anything since the bootloader is locked. In this kind of situation, the consumer must have to visit Huawei customer care to get a resolution.
On the other side, we can assume that smartphone software brick issues could be related to user activity. As any accessive interaction might cause the device to disturb the installation procedure.
Huawei P30 Lite is an exceptional smartphone and consumers around the globe currently enjoying the latest EMUI 12 onboard. However, this story is quite terrifying and we hope that the user resolves it via the customer care center.
HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 affected Huawei Mate 50 camera quality
To be noted, the new software update for the Huawei Mate 50 receives a fresh improvement for the camera and brings a new 3D avatar feature. Meanwhile, this feature let you create an exclusive 3D avatar for yourself which can be an avatar or a screen-odd display.
However, just after installing the update users started facing some serious issues with the camera. Below you can check some issues that they are facing:
- Users randomly took a picture from the window, but the image revealed a purple brilliant area. Users currently believe that it was the light outside. However, they recognized it was the phone’s fault after taking another shot.
- Users take 1 main shot, 3.5 blurry close-up photos long-range blurry images, as well as professional mode, which is useless! fainted.
Below you can also check some suggestions shared by users
- It is advised that you perform the following operations-based checks: Please check that the camera’s focussing is working properly, that the camera’s laser sensor is not obstructed, that the default zoom factor is being utilized, and the phone is stable while being photographed, and that you are shooting from a fair distance.
- Verify if the pet widget has been installed on the desktop. Please long press the symbol to get rid of it and restart the phone if there is. This issue will be resolved in the subsequent new theme iteration.
- It is advised that you refrain from using the system while it is charging since the special overheating protection feature will suitably restrict system performance. Timely termination of background processes is required. Applications with a high power consumption will continue to use CPU resources, which could easily result in heat buildup and high power consumption.
Meanwhile, the company is to soon release an optimization update for the Mate 50 camera. Notably, the issue may occur due to the new 3D avatar feature of HarmonyOS 3. We suggest users patiently wait for the new version of the Huawei Mate 50 smartphone.
The Huawei Mate 50 camera can be affected due to new features and changes, also the system of the smartphone gets disbalances for a certain time. It could be auto-resolved once the system adopts the new feature wisely. Just don’t panic and can follow the above-mentioned solution if you find them convenient.
Huawei P30 Lite reportedly lagging after EMUI 12 upgrade
The Huawei P30 Lite smartphone is counted as the predecessor of the Huawei P40 series. And Huawei P30 Lite is one of the most successful devices with some pretty solid specs. But here’s a tweak, some Huawei P30 Lite users are stuck with the constant lagging issues just after grabbing the EMUI 12 update.
In recent weeks, Huawei has been serving the EMUI 12 update for the P30 Lite users for device improvements and system enhancement. But the result seems apposite, right after update, the Huawei P30 lite started degrading the touch lagging issue.
As per the user’s review
- After I had updated to EMUI 12, my P30 Lite started to randomly CRAWL when using touch navigation for anything. I had tolerated it for a while, but it’s starting to really test my patience.
- Other users have also the same lagging issue it makes use to ‘get a new phone
Somehow, it’s acceptable to switch to another smartphone if your present one is not working wisely. But it is quick to take this decision, as Huawei P30 Lite is just updated over the EMUI 12 version and it is common to have issues after updating a major update.
We recommend you be patient for a while and wait for the new update on your smartphone. Also, suggest letting the developer know about Huawei P30 Lite lagging issue so that they can resolve your issue anyhow.
Also, you can clear cache and unusual data to feel your devices free from being stuck in between the documents and files. Just wait for a while to get another new update for the Huawei P30 users, as it will definitely resolve your touch lagging issue on your handset. Just try to explore many other new features and changes that the company offers you with the EMUI 12 update.
Huawei Mate 30 HarmonyOS 3 beta users having issues with sign in
Huawei announced the second batch for the HarmonyOS 3 beta update and Huawei Mate 30 is one of them. However, the phone users having issues with HarmonyOS 3, when accounts are logged in, also the 5G is not displayed.
Huawei has recently released the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 beta for the Mate 30 users to give a new user experience. But users should understand that a vast change in your smartphone will definitely impact its system somehow.
Exactly that happens with the Mate 30 users, after they successfully update their Huawei Mate 30 with HarmonyOS 3 operating system. Afterwards, they stuck with login issues, alongside the beta feedback assistant cannot be opened.
HarmonyOS 3 beta update comes with a number of new features and improvements for more personalized, new service widgets, widget stacking, and a large folders.
Some users suggests to resolve the Hauwei account logged in, the 5G icon, and also the beta feedback assistant issue with the following instructions:
- Uninstall the HMS current version and then re-update it again
- Rollback the HarmonyOS 3 and take follow proper guidelines before updating.
We recommend users follow proper guidelines before updating the HarmonyOS 3 version on their smartphone. For your concern you can check the note mentioned below:
Make sure that your Mate 30 series is running over the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1243 build version to grab the HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199. Additionally, we suggest that you make a backup of any crucial data.
After the upgrade, some third-party applications might not function properly. Update the apps to the most recent version from the Huawei App Store as a result.
The update also engages in a process of self-optimization and adaptability. This could cause your tablet to overheat, freeze, or charge slowly. But after a few days, it will return to normal.