Last month, Huawei updated the Huawei Nova 6 series with the latest EMUI 10.1 and brought its users a set of new features offered by this EMUI version.
Following this major rollout, Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G now receiving a new software update that improves its system security with patches released in May 2020.
Check more information below.
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in May 2020 for improved system security.
MAY SECURITY DETAILS:
The May 2020 security update brings Android patches from Huawei and Google, fixing different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 2 critical and 22 high and 2 Medium levels of CVEs.
This new update for Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G comes with EMUI version 10.1.0.212.
Note: This update is related to the Chinese versions.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
HOW TO UPDATE:
- System & updates
- Software update
- CHECK FOR UPDATES
- Download and install
Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update is expanding
Huawei is expanding the January 2023 security patch for Nova 7 global version that improves the phone’s capability against potential threats. According to the information, Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update comes with version 184.108.40.206 and 233 megabytes. This update is rolling out in batches began to rollout early last month.
You can check for the update via Settings or via the My Huawei app. Below you can see the update changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
- This update will not erase your personal data but we recommend that you back up only important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update contact the Huawei customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Mohammed for this amazing update.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 gets January 2023 EMUI update
Despite the fact that EMUI 13 has not made its way to us, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 users can download January 2023 security update with EMUI build version 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.1681 respectively (via Huaweiportal).
Huawei Mate Xs 2 is an exceptional smartphone and it is a second-generation outward folding device that made its way to the global market. On the other side, it provides a new user experience than the predecessor.
The Nova 9 has a unique design and helped Huawei to recover Nova series sales among global consumers supporting a high-quality camera system. It equips 120Hz refresh rate and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G.
Interestingly, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 launched with pre-installed EMUI 12 software and there are various features that caught our eye. However, it’s been already an entire year since Huawei rolled out a major upgrade. And EMUI 13 is all we’re waiting for.
For now, Huawei has not informed us about the EMUI 13 release date but these two smartphone owners eagerly waiting for a new announcement. Don’t forget that you can check for the latest firmware via system Settings > tap on System & updates > then move with the Software update to fetch a new upgrade for your Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9.
Below you can check the full changelog for both of these rolllouts.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- January 2023 security patches integrated for better system security.
- With this update, your personal data will not be deleted, but it is recommended to backup all important data before updating. If you encounter any problems during the update, please call Huawei customer service support line or visit one of the Huawei service centers for assistance. This update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Huawei EMUI February 2023 Updates List
We’re in February 2023 and Huawei is rolling out new security updates, patches, and optimizations for EMUI smartphones. These devices in the global market are eligible to get the latest upgrades to improve user experience and performance.
As of February, Huawei has completed the EMUI 12 roadmap in all regions and that’s where the users are concerned. Why? Because EMUI 13 release, beta, and roadmap are still missing in action and global users are waiting for this major rollout.
This year, Huawei is delaying more than ever to reveal the details of a new EMUI version, which is frustrating, and for the time being, there’s no clue when it will actually come.
There is a lot of firmware that roll out in a month and below you can check all of the latest Huawei EMUI updates that are rolling out in February 2023.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is one of the first smartphones to test EMUI 13 but for now, it is getting new firmware that installs January 2023 security update. However, the hopes are stretching far from a new software update.
January 4, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding January 2023 security update for the Huawei P40 Pro smartphone in Europe, which comes with EMUI version 22.214.171.1240. The update has significant advantages over the past and fixes various vulnerabilities for the P40 Pro software system.
- January 2023 software update is reaching out to more Huawei Mate 40 Pro global users with EMUI 12 and you should know that the firmware build has a 126.96.36.1990 version.
How to update:
In order to get the latest software, open the Settings menu on your smartphone and head toward System & updates. From here, you need to go to the Software updates section and tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Notice that your phone will take additional minutes. Alternatively, My Huawei app will also work for you.
There are some safety precautions that you can follow, such as important data backup and sufficient storage for the OTA package.
If you want to share any inputs and news, check the email below.