Huawei Nova 5T is one of the best-selling smartphones of Huawei across the globe and cannot stay behind in terms of major software. Furthermore, Huawei unveiled the EMUI 12 roadmap and confirmed it also for Nova 5T. So, this tracker keeps you updated with EMUI and EMUI 12 progress for the Nova 5T.
Talking about the software, Huawei Nova 5T was initially packed with EMUI 9.1 and then received EMUI 10, EMUI 10.1, and EMUI 11 major updates, However, at present, it is running on EMUI 12 version and may possibly be able to install upcoming versions as well.
EMUI 12 brings brand new features that provide a next-level user experience, which looks similar to HarmonyOS. The EMUI 12 features include Device+, a new control panel, fonts, and much more.
So, this Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 tracker will help the users to get all insight into EMUI 12 beta progress, stable rollouts, and the latest updates in the global market.
- On December 21, 202: First EMUI 12 beta update for Huawei Nova 5T rolled out
- On December 9, 2021: EMUI 12 beta for the Huawei Nova 5T expands in Europe
- On December 3, 2021: Huawei opened EMUI 12 beta testing for Nova 5T
- On March 17, 2022: Huawei released the stable EMUI 12 update for Nova 5T smartphone
July 30, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 5T owners are finally receiving the July 2022 security patch, while consumers have already completed EMUI 12 installation for the corresponding model across the globe.
June 13, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 5T users are now receiving May 2022 security patch with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.199 and an update package size of 224 megabytes. This update incorporates the latest security patches released in the month of May.
- Huawei Nova 5T users in Europe are getting May 2022 security update.
May 2, 2022:
- Huawei is now expanding the Ringtone issue fix patch to the Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users in more markets. Read more
April 28, 2022:
- Several Huawei smartphone users have reported having an issue with the Ringtone function for incoming calls. In late April, the company started releasing the Ringtone issue fix patch for the Huawei Nova 5T devices. Read more
April 7, 2022:
- In early April, Huawei released the April 2022 EMUI updates eligible devices plan, in which the Nova 5T smartphone was not listed. Read more
April 2, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 for Huawei Nova 5T expanding in Europe. Read more
March 23, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 rollout is expanding. Read more
March 19, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 update is rolling out in Europe. Read more
March 17, 2021:
- Breaking: Huawei Nova 5T began receiving stable EMUI 12. Read more
March 7, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 stable rollout to start this month. Read more
December 21, 2021:
- Huawei released the first EMUI 12 beta software update for Huawei Nova 5T smartphone. Read more
December 9, 2021:
- EMUI 12 beta testing for Huawei Nova 5T smartphone opens in Europe. Read more
December 3, 2021:
- Breaking: Huawei started the EMUI 12 beta testing program for Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users. Read more
November 9, 2021:
- Huawei confirmed EMUI 12 for Huawei Nova 5T smartphone and appeared in the list of EMUI 12 eligible devices. Read more
EMUI 12 control panel is inspired by iOS control center?
Let’s check out.
The new control panel is derived from HarmonyOS operating system and the company has put in different sections including network, media controls, quick settings shortcuts, and smart device management for a better software user experience.
However, in the past EMUI versions, Huawei has only included the quick settings panel along with a notifications area.
On the other hand, the control center is very different and yeah, Huawei may have taken inspiration from the iOS Control center and featured it on the HarmonyOS Control panel, which later came to EMUI 12.
To be mentioned, the iOS control panel has been changed since the launch of iOS 11. The previous version of control centers can be accessed via swipe upward from the bottom side of the display. On the other hand, the new Control center in iOS 11 or later is designed especially for notch screens.
A swipe from the top left corner of the display enables the control panel and a swipe from the top right corner will bring down the control center.
But, Huawei took this concept even further with help of left and right swipe gestures, which enables you to swipe back and forth between the control center and the notification center without losing any of them.
This means you can not only access the EMUI 12 control panel and notification panel just the way that iOS does but also in a better and more efficient way.
That’s not it, the EMUI control panel has space to manage connected smart devices, which lacks in iOS, and allows users to connect them directly from the control panel instead of running into the entire settings.
Yes, it’s possible that the EMUI 12 control panel may be inspired by the iOS control center. But the layout is completely different and improvements made by Huawei keep it above the ‘possible’ inspiration.
Installed EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 Lite?
Huawei P30 Lite is one of the prominent smartphones and one of the most suitable to get EMUI 12 installed. On the other hand, the phone has installed this new update with new features and capabilities.
Back in April, Huawei opened EMUI 12 beta testing for the phone, and last month, the company started delivering the stable update.
However, the company is still expanding this upgrade for the Huawei P30 Lite users. If you haven’t already then get your device EMUI 12 installed with new additions.
EMUI 12 has a new control panel that consists of various services and settings. On the other side, you will get a separate notifications panel check and manage them in one separate place.
That’s just the beginning because Huawei P30 Lite users will get a new user interface with brand new enhancements in the user interface as well as the performance side of the device.
Furthermore, there is a new font system along with new smart folders that will allow you to arrange all of your home screen icons into groups that you can access individually without opening the folder first.
If you are worried about Google Mobile Services (GMS) or Play Store, then don’t worry, EMUI 12 will not interrupt or occur any after-installation issues related to the GMS.
How to install:
To get the EMUI 12, you need to head towards the My Huawei app, tap on service or profile, and navigate towards the updates section. Follow the on-screen instructions to get this EMUI version installed on your device. Alternatively, you can try to install this build via Settings > Software and updates > from here tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES and move forward.
But, there are a few notes that you need to keep in mind before downloading the latest EMUI 12 build, for instance, you need to make a backup of your data, and charge your phone sufficiently.
Once downloaded, you need to wait until the software update installation concludes.
Aside from these, you can participate in the poll below and let us know whether you’ve installed EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 Lite.
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) August 10, 2022
Huawei Nova 5T July 2022 EMUI update is still expanding
We all are aware of the fact that Huawei rollout its update in batches, likewise Huawei Nova 5T July 2022 EMUI security update is still wandering for users since a week ago. Although, for those who haven’t received the July patch in the respective region then this recent expansion for the Nova 5T will work.
Users can identify this July 2022 EMUI security update for the Huawei Nova 5T smartphone through the EMUI version 188.8.131.52 (C431E8R1P2), which is expanding in the European market.
Just like the initial rollout, this new firmware only integrates the July 2022 EMUI patch fixes and the system improvement for a better user experience. Also, it gives a fresh start to your device by improving important aspects of the phone.
Notably, the Huawei July 2022 EMUI security patch detail reveals to fix for 2 critical, 12 high, and 18 medium levels of CVEs. Alongside, Huawei included 14 CVEs that were found in the latest firmware update and fixed with the latest rollout.
We recommend users grab this July 2022 EMUI security update as soon as its reaches you. Just keep checking for the update through Settings>> System & Update>> Then Software update>> Now follow the ongoing instruction.
No August 2022 security update for Nova 5T!
Huawei recently dispatched the August 2022 EMUI security patch details for the eligible devices, for further security and optimization of smartphones on time. It also encounters around 23 vulnerabilities found in the previous updates.
Although, the Huawei Nova 5T isn’t added to the eligible device list to get the August 2022 security update. Meanwhile, Huawei Nova 5T users have to satisfy with the July 2022 security patch.
Well, the upcoming August 2022 security patch brings a bundle of improvements, but Huawei Nova 5T users should not worry about it, as the company is also releasing monthly optimization updates for the devices.